Dr. William F. Fisher

Grad. Year: 2000

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 20/04/12    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.3 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 20 reviews. Dr. William F. Fisher has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5313252

27/03/14 5 3 1 1 This is doctor is so arrogant and has a horrible attitude. God forbid you have to call the on-call doctor for a sick child after hours and he is the one that is on call. He will talk over you. He will talk down to you and make you feel horrible. He has no patience at all.  Respond
RID: 2709963
16/07/13 2 4 3 5 he's been both my daughter doctor for over 7 years. I notice that now that I have medcaid and not the Anthem insurance I had , he is very rude and condescending. It's like he did a complete 360 change. I am looking for a new doc gor my girls. We have been treted poorly.Staff is nice for the most part.
RID: 2697088
28/06/13 3 3 3 3 My daughter was a patient of Dr. Fisher for years. He was always rude and condescending. He always talk down to me. His staff was wonderful but couldn't deal with his arrogant attitude. Every time I would call to see about a same day appointment for a sick kid, I would have to see another doctor because he wasn't in. When my daughter was born and we were new patients, he didn't even show up to the hospital to see her, he sent another doctor in his practice. I would recommend the other doctors in the office over him.  Respond
RID: 2501621
15/12/12 5 5 5 5 We have seen Dr. Fisher since my son was born in 2005. He is so wonderful. He always takes time to talk with me and my son, never rushes us out and always has sick appointments available the day of. I feel like he truly cares about my son. Also, he has a son the same age so can relate well to both of us.
Insurance: Lumenos
RID: 2479273
20/11/12 5 5 5 5 My son has been going to Dr. Fisher since he was 1 day old! We LOVE HIM! He's amazing!!! I hope we never have to change. We had to move out of town for awhile, and we drove 2 hours just to see him!! He's brilliant, kind, caring,and very smart!
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
Respond

08/04/12 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "William" to "William F."
RID: 1573953
29/10/11 5 5 5 5 Dr Fisher is a wonderful pediatrician. He is ALWAYS on time!- And spends quality time with my children. He has gone above standards to care for my children. He made daily visits to the hospital not only to check on my son,but to see how our family was dealing with this unique situation. He brought my son a gift, called often. When my husband and I were fearful, he was caring and encouraging. Any time calling the office, the staff are helpful and nice. He talks to my children and not at them, makes them feel safe. We have 3 boys who love Dr Fisher. I am pleased to know that if my children have an issue they feel comfortable to share with him and they have their own relationship with him - this is good going into the teen years and he's not just there for the medical care but a mentor as well. Can't go wrong with Dr Fisher - he's the best!
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1344662
23/01/11 5 5 5 5 Dr Fisher is outstanding. I have taken my children to him for 8 years now. He is very current on research, has a great manner with the kids, and listens to my concerns. When my husband lost his job, Dr Fisher was very sensitive to us having to watch costs and always made sure we had affordable options with medication. I also appreciate his staff, who I feel know us and always return timely phone calls. Dr. Fisher has a website which offers email communication and he also offers classes for Dads on parenting. I highly recommend Dr Fisher to anyone looking for a doctor.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1222257
04/08/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Fisher and the staff are wonderful. We have received exceptional care at every visit. Our daughter is 2 1/2 years old. Once we needed to see a doctor on a Sunday and Dr. Fisher call ahead to Community North Hospital and secured an appointment with a pediatrician so we didn't have to wait in the ER. He goes above and beyond and so do the nurses.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1069860
05/01/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Fisher is the best doctor I have ever seen. He is extremely knowledgeable about pediatrics and very thorough in his examinations. My son and daughter both see him and they love him. He has a fantastic bed-side manner and answers all questions that I have. He is always on schedule but still takes the time necessary to conduct a thorough exam and report. I love that we can communicate with him via e-mail and he has always been accessible when we need him. He truly knows how to deliver the patient CARE in the city!  Respond
RID: 1030159
10/11/09 1 2 1 4 ym children have seen him since birth they r 6 and 1 and he just took them off his pannal and refused to re add them!
RID: 1005872
09/10/09 5 5 5 5 My son is 5, and despite getting all his shots from Dr. Fisher, he still likes him. I found him to be a great doctor, and so does my child.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 947782
27/07/09 4 4 5 4 my children who are ages 10-17, are always treated with dignity in Dr. Fisher's office. I think we were assigned to him through our health insurance provider but we would never leave him! He is kind,intelligent, and very respectful of parents' decisions regarding their children's health. If he disagree's, he'll ask why you made that decision and he will support his reasoning with research and statistics. He is ALWAYS very respectful and never, ever derogatory, even when he doesn't agree with your decision. He always leaves the "door open" to you feeling unashamed if you change your mind. No "I told you so's" out of him!  Respond
RID: 846391
29/03/09 5 5 5 4 Dr. Fisher was great. He talked to me about my delayed vax schedule without judgment, and was encouraging of my decision to leave my sons intact (I was worried about my new one being circumcised by accident at the hospital). The one thing I didn't like was when he examined my sons diaper area he turned his back to me, and I am not sure he didn't try to retract. But he didn't say anything to me about it, so I don't think he'll try to tell me to circ him. His nurses were great, they gave my son 2 stickers and a book when he had his shots.  Respond
RID: 808464
04/03/09 1 4 1 3 we found dr. fisher to be arrogant and not helpful. we had a son whose original doc became sick. ny son had started his vaccines and had his first shot. then we had 3 appointments cancel with our original doc. so his vaccine schedule was thrown off.. we got moved over to dr. fishers staff and on our first visit he wanted to fill our son up w/ vaccines. at this point it had been 4 months since his first shot and we werent willing to risk dumping meds into a perfectly healthy baby. so we decided to wait until our son was 9 mo old. we came in for our vaccine @ nine mo. and dr. fisher said we would be better off taking our son to the public health cilinic to get his shots because he didn't have the time to mess with it. public clinics have every disease imaginable. All his talk on caring for kids, my son , who was 9 mo old sat there naked and unexamined on the table while he stood there and gave me the 3rd degree. Caring about my sons health i will not apologize. he was a jerk!
RID: 767845
19/01/09 5 5 5 5 Best Pediatrician in town! My kids adore him. He makes you part of his life. He remember you and know what is wrong with your kids. Take the time to listen and give peace of mind to the parents. I would recommend him to anyone.
RID: 748843
23/12/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Fisher bases everything on statistics. I mean everything. He always has appointments for sick kids, and sees them right away, he is friendly, and great with the little ones!
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 746210
18/12/08 4 5 5 5 Doctor Fisher always takes the time to listen and respond to my concerns (even when they are silly). I love that he refers to research frequently during our visits. He is really, really good and I recommend him often.
RID: 566028
15/04/08 5 5 5 5 He is the BEST! Wonderful person, very loving with the kids. Takes the time to listen and to answer questions. My kids love to go see him. He cares about his patients and even keeps them informed on any new medical situations going on in the city. We love him!
RID: 374605
27/07/07 4 4 5 5 Dr. Fisher is the BEST! He is so kind and gentle and he DOES take the time with you that you need. He truly cares about his patients and their families. I cannot say enough good things about him.  Respond
RID: 174684
06/03/07 5 5 5 I highly recommend this doctor! He is always caring, gentle, and considerate of his patients needs. He is very knowledgeable and quick with his appointments. He goes out of his way to cater to his patients needs. The office staff are friendly and quick. Words cannot describe what a great doctor he is! He is wonderful with children and the parents. If you are looking for a great pediatrician.....He is the best!!! Also, he is very intelligent in this field! He always knows exactly what is wrong and how to take care of it quickly and professionally. He is an amazing person as well as a doctor!!! I am lucky to have him as my daughter's pediatrician.