Dr. David A. Logan

Rate Dr. David A. Logan

Dr. David A. Logan's Ratings

Dr. Logan is the epitome of a professional with a bedside manner to match. He stays current and used great skills to bring me through a difficult few weeks before and after surgery. Because of his insistence to retest for an ongoing situation, he was able to find a new situation that needed attention and a necessary surgery was performed within a couple of weeks. He promptly spoke with an oncologist and a consultation was immediately set up after they spent a lot of time discussing my situation. Dr. Logan patiently explained the surgery to my family and me and called numerous times before the surgery with additional information. He always gave me cause to be as relaxed as possible. The surgery was performed laparoscopically and with a robot, two of his many areas of expertise. He followed up with my family just after surgery, called me the night of the surgery to check up on me, and then during the week once again to check on my recuperation. I am grateful that I found Dr. Logan.

Submitted Jan. 13, 2014 | flag

I loved Dr Logan throughout my whole pregnancy. I thought he really seemed to care and I saw him almost exclusivly. Of course he was not on call when I delivered. I had problems after the birth, it was then that Dr Logan would not return my calls. After a week he finally called and basically just dismissed my problems that I would be fine. I really expected more from him and thought he was a caring doctor...but I was wrong. Don't think I will use this practice for my next baby.

Submitted April 23, 2012 | flag

Very helpful. He always knows what he is talking about and has helped me through 2 pregnancies

Submitted Feb. 29, 2012 | flag

Doctor Logan is incredible. He was recommended to me by a friend, and I don't want to go anywhere else. My employer changed insurance plans, but I am willing to pay out of pocket just to stick with him. I trust him that much. He performed surgery on me, and did an excellent job. He and his staff are friendly and understanding. He knows what he's doing and even encouraged me to go to webmd.com before my surgery to make sure I didn't find any information that he did not cover with me. I highly recommend him.

Submitted Dec. 5, 2011 | flag

Dr. Logan is a great doctor. He is very thorough, caring, and puts you at ease.

Submitted July 29, 2011 | flag

I have been going to Dr. Logan for 10 years. He was an acceptable obstetrician, but a disappointing gynecologist. He was indifferent to my PMDD and peri-menopause, only prescribing Zoloft. Also, I have often waited over an hour for a scheduled appointment. Last month, I called his office for a refill on Zoloft and was rather sharply informed that I couldn't get a refill until I had scheduled my next appointment. It made me feel like I was being accused of being drug abuser, even though it was near the time for my annual appointment. I scheduled the appointment and planned to pick up the prescription the next day. I'm glad I called ahead, because the office hadn't called it in. I called the office again to request the refill and reminded them that I had scheduled my annual appointment. This was about 3 weeks ago. I have checked with the pharmacy twice since and the prescription was never called in. Thanks to Dr. Logan's staff, I went cold turkey on Zoloft after 10 years.

Submitted May 20, 2010 | flag

WHEN HE DELIVERED MY BABY...I HAD A C- SECTION..HE EXPLAINED EVERYTHING TO MY HUSBAND AND SHOWED HIM EVERYTHING THEY WERE DOING...HE WAS A VERY GOOD DOCTOR

Submitted Nov. 15, 2009 | flag

I love Doctor logan he was the fist to listen to me and diagnose me and he was always great when i had any questions he also had me research myself so i could ask any questions i may not have and he explained it all to my husband so he could understand which is rare. He has helped me so i can work and live and be happy again untill its time for me to try to have kids!!! I am so happy i was referred to him!!!!

Submitted Aug. 30, 2009 | flag

I've had three kids with Dr. Logan and have been his patient for more than 6 years. He is fantastic -- listens, cares, is a fantastic diagnostician, is intuitive, is very respectful. If schedule is a problem for you, I would absolutely suggest avoiding the West Penn Hospital office. For various reasons, including the fact that labor and delivery is onsite, they are almost always way behind schedule, over-scheduled, and overwhelmed. Try Downtown or North Hills.

Submitted March 15, 2009 | flag

Hands down – The best OB/GYN out there!! In my quest to find a better gynecologist, copious amounts of raves and recommendations lead me to the best of them. Despite his popularity and abundant schedule, Dr. Logan always spends more than enough time asking and answering questions and is not at all rushed during the exam. He is very friendly and enthusiastic and has the ability to make you feel comfortable with him right away. I’ve never met a doctor who listens to his patients and understands women, not only physically but also mentally and emotionally, more than Dr. Logan. He is extremely knowledgeable not only in his own specialty, but also with medicine as a whole. He is very thorough and yet incredibly gentle during the exam, he also does an amazing job of explaining everything to his patients. Dr. Logan is an outstanding physician and unparalleled in what he does. He genuinely cares about his patients’ well being. I recommend him to everyone looking for an exceptional OB/GYN.

Submitted Feb. 27, 2009 | flag