Rate Dr. Alexander Yan

Dr. Alexander Yan's Ratings

I was very happy with my appointment with Dr Yan - he was very thorough and empathetic - I also found his receptionist to be very efficient and friendly.

Submitted Sept. 9, 2014 | flag

I've been going to Dr. Yan for about 8 years. He was the one who told me I had RA; my own GP passed the buck when I got my lab results. He is usually running behind but not by too much, 15 minutes maybe. He is very knowledgeable but sometimes does not inspire confidence. He confuses me with another patient every single time I visit. Asks if I'm pregnant yet and that I should get on it since I'm getting older... I have to tell him every time that having kids would be nice but not if I'm single. (personal preference) This annoys me to no end. Please take a look at your patient file before coming in and discussing drug options when pregnant. Also, I think he has staffing problems because it seems to be a new receptionist every year or 2 but generally they are nice.

Submitted Aug. 19, 2014 | flag

I had a followup visit with Dr. Yan booked and the day before my appointment when I got home from work there was a message on my home phone from that if I didn't call back within an hour or two that they would give my appointment away and this was in the middle of the day. I was so upset about this that I didn't try to get another appointment right away and tried to get a referral to another Rheumatologist, but my doctor said that I should stick with Dr. Yan and call and make an appointment so I did that today and was told that I had to go back to my family doctor because it has been greater than 6 months since I've seen Dr. Yan and also that it will cost me $50.00 for an appointment to see him because I didn't show up for my last appointment.

Submitted Oct. 10, 2013 | flag

Dr Yan is brilliant and knew that I had rheumatoid arthritis before anyone. Great office and staff!!!

Submitted Sept. 12, 2013 | flag

Was referred to doctor yan for my RA. Actually, he's how I found out I had RA. Awesome doctor. Caring, and takes his time explaining things to you so that you understand. Very friendly and extremely knowledgeable!

Submitted Aug. 16, 2013 | flag

I seen Dr. Yan approx. 3 years ago and was told that all my test results were borderline. I even called his office after 1 year and was told I would have to get a referral from a GP to see him again. Now, I went and seen another rheumatoid doctor the other day and was told flat out I have Sjrogrens . He asked me if Dr. Yan told me. I was shocked as this was the first mentioning of this to me. Now if he did tell me then why would I have to get a referral to see him again? Why did I go all this time not knowing? Should I of been on some medication? I was told that I would have to retest my blood in a year…But since I felt ok other than a few aches and pains I just left it as nothing was conclusive after seeing Dr. Yan. I guess this is one of those mistakes that slipped through the cracks…NOT HAPPY!

Submitted Feb. 11, 2013 | flag

Dr. Yan is an amazing physician and a very caring person. He explains test results and physical assessment results carefully and clearly. He calls me at home in the evning if he is concerned about my test results. He mostly runs on time, but if he's late it's because he's providing excellent care to another patient, and then he apologizes. He is extremely knowledgeable about the latest research and drug therapies. I truly believe he has my best interests at heart and he always takes into consideration what I want to do about my disease. He is the best physician I've ever seen, specialist or GP.

Submitted June 24, 2011 | flag

Dr Yan is awesome. I don't think the people who have made comments on this sight are talking about the Dr. Alexander Yan taht I see. Dr Yan has always been very thorough, helpful and listened. He is very knowledgable in his field but never makes me feel like an idiot or stupid for asking questions. His bedside manner has never been demeaning or abrasive in any way and he has never said anything derogatory or inappropriate. He has always stuck to the issues at hand and completed tests, etc as required.

Submitted March 30, 2011 | flag

He is the best. Very caring and he will even call me at home if my blood work is not good. I consider myself lucky to have him as my physician.

Submitted March 26, 2011 | flag

I've known this doctor for 12 years. He is my primary care giver for my Lupus. He would never say don't call my office again if someone is truly ill and being co-operative. When I complained about the pain in my hip and back he's told me I need to loose weight and it was true, but he also sent me for X-ray Sometime we can't handle the truth. Anyway in the 12 years I should have found something to complain about. He knows his stuff. Yes I agree that there are doctor out there that have attitude but he not one of them. I've had him apologize for being behind. Give him a try if you really don't like him then find someone else.

Submitted Feb. 21, 2011 | flag