Rate Dr. Geoffry Williams

Dr. Geoffry Williams's Ratings

Although both doctor and staff very knowledgeable, got the feeling there were lots of patients to deal with so not much time for questions or to deal with concerns.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2448377].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014

Had two retinal surgeries done by Dr. Williams. Professional and after care has been excellent.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1354661].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2012

He is pushing patients around in wheelchairs at 7 am at the hospital, he took me in right away post surgery even though I didn't have an appt. Etc...besides being so kind to everyone he is THE best retinal specialist. I even got a few "second opinions" and the doctors all said it was great work and I was lucky to have him! I agree!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1354660].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 14, 2012

A superb surgeon, my vitrectomy was painless and completely successful 10 years ago, with no problems since.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1354659].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2011

The best there is. Yes, the wait time is long typically, however, I was rushed in to see him the first time in an emergency and saw him immediately. He seems to triage his patients well and if you need to see him "now", you will. He is remarkably good at what he does and his staff is helpful, caring and polite as well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1354658].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 5, 2011

He is an excellent doctor. The lenghts he goes to, in caring for patients is amazing! I've experienced it first hand. The waits are terrible but he's always in early, late leaving and working on weekends. I am grateful to have him as my doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1354657].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2010

Yes, I had to wait a couple hours but, he is a specialist, so i expected a long wait. He diagnosed that I needed a retinal surgery and got me in within two weeks. (my retina had been detached for a year, so It wasnt that urgent, if it had been a day or 2, i would have been rushed to the OR)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1354656].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2009

Waited 7 hours before seeing Dr. Williams for 15 minutes. Front desk had a sign telling patients that a 3 to 4 hour wait was normal. Why would they schedule so many appointments if this is the case? The doctors are not machines. Maybe they need more than 15 minutes per patient or perhaps they need time between patients to finish paperwork or time for a break or lunch?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1354655].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2008

Dr. WIlliams is unbelievably fantastic. A wonderful, real, caring man who is clearly run off his feet every single day. His clinicians are also very good and professional. His receptionists, well, nobody is perfect. These ladies need more assistance. They are grumpy and clearly way overworked. On one occassion I waited for almost 3 hours only to find out they forgot to advance my file. I sit in that waiting room and watch them get yelled at repeatedly by frustrated patients. They need more help so they can help manage the sad reality that the average wait time is 3-4 hours. This is not their fault. It is not Dr. Williams fault either. We are very, very lucky to have him. He is a wonderful doctor. The "system" needs fixing and we need 5 more Dr. WIlliams to manage his case load.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1354654].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 11, 2008

Slow office procedure, excellent staff and "the best" retina specialist anywhere. I live in BC but it's worth the time and trip to see Dr. Williams. He is very knowledgeable and tells it like it is so any lay person can understand what he says. I have been going to him for years and have never had a bad experience, except the wait. Truly the best in his field.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1354653].votes_count ]]