Dr. Randy Leifer

Rate Dr. Randy Leifer

Dr. Randy Leifer's Ratings

My husband and I have consistently the highest praise for Dr. Liefer. His referrals have always bee prompt and to the best specialists in our area, north of Toronto. He is very caring and shows his interest in our welfare, One should not judge integrity and medical knowledge from his relaxed-appearing manner. Quite the opposite with Dr. Liefer, as he is making observations of how and what we present to us so he can make a decision of how to proceed. I would rather wait 15 minutes than be rushed through without my concerns being thoughtfully considered. My husband and I were referred to two different cardiologists I think because our symptoms were quite different and he made the specialist selections based on our personal needs. He was able to get me an appointment almost immediately with the cardiologist whom I found out later had a 3 month waiting list for new patients. The gastroenterologist he recommended turned out to be one of the top in all of Toronto.

Submitted Nov. 17, 2011 | flag

Genuinely nice man, who tries to help his patients to the best of his abilities! I have had him as our Dr. for 10 yrs. now, and think he's doing the best job he can.

Submitted Sept. 21, 2011 | flag

don't really know this doctor but I was wondering if there is any rate the patients web site because alot of the secretaries would love the chance to put their names in here!!!!!!!

Submitted May 26, 2011 | flag

Very helpful to us. We're able to discuss any concerns with him at most times we've needed to , he's kind and considerate and often goes out of his way to be helpful (to us). Not a walking encyclopedia of knowledge but he will find out anything that he doesn't know and follow-up.

Submitted April 4, 2011 | flag

Very Useless doctor, Had him for the last 12 years, and to this date he hasn't done my first full medial which is supposed to happen every year. I have been in a lot of pain for the last 3 years waiting for him to get me a specialist, this never has happened even after bad CT and MRI results. I have found another family doctor but right now I have waited 5 months to get him to transfer MY medical records to my new doctor. I even went in person and asked for them, then went back and paid him $55 dollars so I could get my doctor, that was in January, to today my new doctor hasn't received any faxes or letters with my records. I had to go again and persuade his assistants to give me a photocopy of MY OWN RECORDS so that I can finally get my new doctor to help me find a specialist and get a full medical done. This doctor is in the wrong profession he always looks and acts like he is BORED, never has any energy and always looks like he is falling asleep. No professional etiquette at all!

Submitted March 18, 2011 | flag

Listen to patient-nil, Bedside manner-nil, knowledge-ok, refer to specialist-good

Submitted March 8, 2011 | flag

Dr Leifer has been our family doctor for over 18 yrs. He's been very caring and supportive through three of my pregnancies and been there in emergencies. Often addresses the little things right there in the office. And he has helped me raise my three kids with the best possible care.

Submitted July 30, 2010 | flag

Has been helpful to both myself and my family over 5+ years. Has met GP expectations. Has been very helpful at organizing various specialists. Consistently suggestive in terms of what to be aware of. Dry humour personality type.

Submitted July 14, 2010 | flag

The previous remarks are obviously very subjective. For us, he does do what's expected of a GP - actually very engaging at times also. He often surprises us with his dry humour. Overall care - quite satisfactory.

Submitted May 18, 2010 | flag

He's cold, uncaring and doesn't try to help you out. No bedside manner and reluctant to pass you on to specialists or take the time to really consider your problem unless it's readily apparent. It always seems like you are bothering him, and often he seems rushed or bored. Go to one of the other doctors in the building or elsewhere... You will only end up frustated with him as I did. My collegue went to him as well and changed doctors too.

Submitted March 10, 2010 | flag