Dr. Talal Alphin

Dr. Talal Alphin

Rate Dr. Talal Alphin

Dr. Talal Alphin's Ratings

This dr does not listen, he does not treat pain, told me that the pain was "mind over matter" and offered "no miracles" .With comments like this is certainly not the attitude of someone I want looking after me. His two receptionists are nice and have accommodated me on short notice. He is not as knowledgeable as I would have expected, and think its time to retire. I immediately requested a referral to another urologist from my family doc after my first visit with him as he majorly screwed up on my notes when he was dictating them into his recorder. The only thing useful he did was get me a ct which found the actual problem where the pain was, from there another urologist will handle my care as I wouldn't send my worst enemy to this fool. He may be fine for finding prostate cancer but the simple PSA test will point you to that. He is lucky he's the only urologist working in this town because if there was another choice he wouldn't have a practice.

Submitted Sept. 4, 2013 | flag

Let me just say this, if there is a new Urologist entering the force and looking to start a practice, you would be flooded with new patients if you came to Medicine Hat. This doctor is the absolute worst I have ever experienced, I think mainly due to the fact that he can do what he wants without worrying about losing patients. I agree with all the previous comments about him!!!

Submitted July 15, 2013 | flag

I was referred to this doctor because of a suspicion of prostate cancer by my family doctor. Dr. Alphine was very courteous, professional and explained everything to me in detail with pictures. I will definitely return to him for my follow up visits.

Submitted July 3, 2013 | flag

I was referred to him for kidney stones. Some kind of test was to wack me in the kidney in his office. I dropped to the floor in pain and had to call my husband to come get me to take me to the hospital. I was in too much pain to walk out of his office! He was rude & acted like it was no big deal. Went for surgery but apparently he just wanted to "look" at the stones, went for a 2nd surgery where he removed 1 stone and finally emergency surgery where he also removed only the one causing the blockage. Following that surgery barely awake he talked to me for 2 seconds but I was stil too out of it to really talk and he refused to come discuss anything with me once I was awake or the following day. Ended up signing myself out of the hospital because Alphin wouldn't even talk to me!

Submitted March 19, 2013 | flag

This doctor refused to see me when I had a bad bladder infection in October of 2008, because I chose to go to a surgeon in Calgary for my prostate surgery. He diagnosed me with cancer and recommended radiation, which I did not want. He specifically told men he would not do surgery. He does not know how to speak to people. He acts like a dictator. A friend of mine asked him a question and he was told "don't speak, I will tell when to speak" end quote. He will not respect your right to a second opinion and if you go to another doctor, he will refuse to see you in the future.

Submitted Aug. 20, 2012 | flag

I have no complaints of any kind about Dr. Alphin. He was professional and explained things to me. He was very Knowledgable and gave me good advise. He had his receptionist phone to make a follow up appointment. I know 3 or 4 other people that have all been to see Dr. Alphin and they have no complaints.

Submitted July 20, 2012 | flag

I have been seeing Dr. Alphin for many many years and in Nov of 2011 he recommended that I have a biopsy done due to my PSA #'s. As it turned out I had prostrate cancer. Dr. Alphin explaned all the options and gave me referrals to the best specialists in Calgary. In Mar of 2012 I had Robotic surgery done. Thanks to Dr. Alphin I was diagnosed early and now I am cancer free. I would highly recommend Dr. Alphin to anyone.

Submitted April 18, 2012 | flag

dr alphin has no clue what he is talking about i have 11 kidney stones that sent me to the hospital in icu for 3 weeks he refused to do surgery here saying im making everything up and wrote me off the calgary. the doctor in calgary right away said we need to get you in and get these stones out needless to say alphin was only good for a referral i refuse to ever see this doctor again.

Submitted Jan. 9, 2012 | flag

The first time I saw Dr. Alphin he seemed to diagnose me before I even walked in the room and sent me home with a prescription. 6 months later when I returned for a follow up with all the same symptoms he would not listen to anything I was trying to say and would continually interrupt me. I found him rude not only to me but also to my children who were waiting with me. Instead of helping me or referring me to someone else who could he told me to just go home and take Tylenol! Dr. Alphin would be the last person I would recommend anyone to go to. Take the time and effort and go out of Medicine Hat to another urologist.

Submitted June 8, 2011 | flag

Dr Alphin is a great person but a poor doctor. Guess you can't teach a old dog new tricks cause my condition was different from what he has seen and required him to do some homework. But it was easier for him to send me off to a real uroligist in Calgary. The best thing this man can do for you is write you a refferal.

Submitted May 18, 2010 | flag