Rate Dr. Federico C. Vinas

Dr. Federico C. Vinas's Ratings

Dr.Vinas was on call at the Halifax Hospital ER when I came in. With excruciating thigh pain from a disc pinching my right L3 nerve root.He gave me many options other than surgery.I had dealt with the problem to the point of desperation so I begged him to fix my L3/L4 disc. I had already had a Laminectomy and spinal fusion from L4 to S1. I have never been treated SO kindly or more competently than by Dr.Vinas. My surgery was a 100% success with total pain relief. I had no complications or post op problems. He is the BEST! Also I will add that the staff at HOME were awesome.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2641159].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2014

Looked at my MRI and said I had arthritis which I already knew. Dismissed most of what I said and asked me to walk 3 feet in 2 directions and said I didn't have a limp. " shorter than the other and I do have a discernible limp. I spent more time with his assistant being examined and questioned than with him. Not helpful at all. Told me to try PT for a few weeks to see if I felt better.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2631783].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 24, 2014

Excellent in every professional measure I can think of.

Ly

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2517826].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2014

My name really is Charlie Brown and I met Dr. Vinas and his staff a couple of yrs ago after I had a motorcycle accident. 5/6-6/7 & T1 were causing a lot if discomfort and the X-rays and other tests showed why and Dr Vinas and his staff did not push me but I pretty much knew the surgery was the only way it would get any better....Dr Vinas told me that I could wait but I didn't want to... Like a lot of the blogs I have read, He and the people with him are THE BEST !!!! I'm 63yrs young, workout 5days a week, ride my bike over 100 miles a week, bicycle that is and I'm loving life by the grace of God, I survived another tradegy...I'm a Vietnam Vet and proud of it and I'm proud for Dr Vinas and his staff.....Down to earth people that truly care about you.... Thanks again Dr Vinas and hello staff, you all were great....CB

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1356611].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2014

Dr. Vinas is a wonderful and competent surgeon. I highly recommend him to anyone requiring spine surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1356610].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 29, 2013

I have not ever dealt with a more caring staff and doctor. I highly recommand Dr. Vinas to anyone looking for a neurosurgeon. I have had a wonderful and easy recovery and I do believe it is because of the excellent care I recieved.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1356609].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 28, 2011

The best neurosurgeon, and he's a very kind doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1356608].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 1, 2011

The doctor visit was great. He was friendly, explained all my questions, I trust his recommendations. I recommend him

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1356607].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2010

he's very good and very kind doctor that not easy to find.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1356606].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 13, 2010

My mother was refered to him for evaluation. He explaned clearly what the problem was, what he intended to do to fix it. He performed an operation on her spine, and after recovery she was perfect. He is extremely competent and conservative with his diagnosis. A pleasure to recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1356605].votes_count ]]