Rate Dr. Michael Garay

Dr. Michael Garay's Ratings

Dr.Garay has been my doctor for about 7 years now. He is an awesome doctor, has a great personality and very helpful. He makes sure you fully understand what's going on and is always very pleasant.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2600389].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2014

Had been my doctor since I can remember he always makes time for me and always make sure I go home healthy!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2570703].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2014

Dr. Garay has been my doctor for about ten years now and he is just getting steadily worse and worse. He consistently doesn't read info sent to him by clinics, orders the WRONG tests and then has to call you back in to sit there while he reads through the information for the first time. I will go to a walk in clinic before going to see him because I feel judged when speaking to him about my sexual history. He doesn't look at me when I go to him with a problem, he's never given me a physical, he tells me that he makes up my weight on forms and I feel shoved out the door when I see him. He is next to impossible to get an appointment with and not worth going to see in the first place. I am currently looking for a new doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2448416].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

Dr. Garay has been my dr for about 10 years. He is an awesomae doctor, always takes me on time, never a long wait. He is very knowledgeable, sends me for tests as needed. Also like that he is personalable, and kind to me for each visit. Excellent doctor, I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1357729].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2013

Dr Garay is a nice man however he is far to busy, takes weeks to get appts, and some he cancels the day of when you finally see him he doesn't even exam you any more just asks what's wrong as he's pretty much walking you out the door. Has been our family doctor for over 15 years, he use to take time with you but now he doesn't, always rushes you and never checks you usually sends you to another Doctor or mostly recommends physio or massage which I found out is his own practice or partnership, my opinion is a conflict of interest and a money scam he should disclose the fact that he owns part of that business. My family have complained alot but unfortunately we are stuck due to the lack of doctors in Brampton. I was admitted in Brampton hospital he was on duty in the ER while I was there and never checked me the entire stay, admitted for 2 weeks ,never came once. very poor and not the way he use to be. He needs to slow down and take care of his patients not only $ Where did the DR go?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1357730].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013

First of all I don't believe the positive ratings below since they are far from Dr. Garay, actually i found it comical. He lacks the basic knowledge that is needed as a doctor, is unwilling to spend any time with his patients to understand their needs and makes serious careless mistakes that effect people's lives. Sure you don't have to wait long for your appointment because he is walking out the door before you are finished telling him why you are there. I was given the wrong dose of a medication where the pharmacist had to point out i was taking dangerous amounts. His examinations are done in a careless way because of the lack of knowledge on how to do them properly and his careless attitude resulting in serious health problems. Dr. Garay you should give your patients more time to understand their needs and spend more time learning perhaps from other doctors to improve your skills. Ultimately this would prevent careless mistakes from happening. These are people's lives.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1357728].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 19, 2013

It's very sad that you have to enlighten your own Dr., about your condition, and even more sad when he admits he hasn't a clue about it. Then you yourself have to find a specialist to be referred to.....

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1357727].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 20, 2012

My family has been a patient of Dr. Garay's for many years. My best advise to you would be RUN!!! I switched Dr.s about a year ago after being rudely insulted by him. I went in seeking specific diagnostics to be performed on a recurring injury. He told me I needed to stop "surgery seeking" and join a gym for amusement. all I had asked for was an mri....I left the office insulted for the last time and changed Dr.'s. As it stands 3 months later my tendon ruptured in my hand where I had been in to him on multiple occasions complaining of pain. I needed immediate surgery. Months of rehabilitation...he misdiagnosed both my daughter and I...we went in complaining of being tired, dizzy, lack of energy...told us it was in our heads...when I switched to a new Dr. Doctor she insisted on blood work...found out we were severely deficient in iron and B12 to the point where we need injections every week for months...I could go on by only have 1000 character max...my advise...find another Dr

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1357726].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 28, 2011

Dr Garay won’t listen to you. Saw him numerous times,same issues, he told me it was my age, peri-menopause or none of my symptoms were physical. He was insulted that I would question his intelligence. I asked to see a GYOB & he told me NO, they couldn’t do anything for me that he couldn’t .He made me an appt for an ultra sound, took over 4 mths to hear back form his office.I had already went elsewhere, to a women’s clinic, Got my results from my ultra sound & it recommended a biopsy & repeat test within 2 mths. Made appt with a GYOB ASAP, did a biopsy 1st visit in office. Also had an ultra sound on my thyroid & I have seen an ENT doctor had a biopsy, now waiting to have my thyroid removed(tumors). All issues I kept bring up to Dr Garay & he would not listen to me, he would cut me right off & not want to hear about it. SO please listen to your body, it could be a matter of live or death, seek help elsewhere, if I had not, who knows what would have happened. very RUDE

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1357725].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 23, 2010

Dr. Garay is young, immature and ignorant. He has on several occasions offered inaccurate and biased opinions about other doctors and healthcare practitioners. Dr. Garay...If you are not going to take the time to educate yourself on the topic, then please keep your personal opinions to yourself.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1357724].votes_count ]]