Rate Dr. Mark Swain

Dr. Mark Swain's Ratings

I have been going to Dr. Swain for about 10 years. I was so sick when I was finally referred to him by my family doctor. Dr. Swain is the MOST amazing doctor around. He was so thorough with his testing to try and find a diagnosis for me. He did diagnose me with an autoimmune disorder of the liver, and started me on treatment right away. I believe if not for Dr. Swain I would not be around today! You know he really cares about you and has an amazing bedside manner. He helps you understand everything he is telling you and makes you feel so comfortable. Best doctor ever!!!

Submitted Feb. 15, 2013 | flag

First of all, I would say anyone who is lucky enough to have Dr. Swain as their specialist is on a positive path. I was late for my appointment(due to difficulty parking). I wasn't sure if I could salvage it. The receptionist said she would page him, and he came back to attend the appointment. I was so happy (at the same time feeling bad). I apologized and his feedback put me at ease right away. He has been my Dr. for several years now and I would not want any other. It's very hard to find a Dr. who is candid with you, tells you what he thinks, and that you feel confident in his care. His staff are also wonderful and compliment the great care given. Thank you! MJ

Submitted Feb. 2, 2013 | flag

I have been seeing Dr. Mark Swain for a period of about 20 years now. He is a great doctor and always pleasant to visit with. He has a great bed side manner and always cares and answers all questions i have. AWSOME DOCTOR! I am glad not all great doctors leave Canada to work in the USA.

Submitted Jan. 13, 2012 | flag

I was refered to DR Swain about a year ago and he not only made me familiar with my diseases, but he explained them thouroughly. He also kept in touch with me while I was not in his office to make sure everything was going well. He made me feel comfortable and at ease and I truley believe he cares for each of his patients and that he is one of the best! He continues to respond to my emails if I have questions or concerns, even though he has found me 2 other doctors in his office who from what I hear are world renound doctors, he made sure that I was comfortable with them and made sure to introduce them to me while he was there and able to talk about my current issues. And he still offers his services to me, and said if there were any problems he would continue working with me. I dont trust alot of doctors but I trust him 100%.

Submitted June 13, 2011 | flag

I have been under Dr. Swain's care for close to 20 years for AIH. He is not only a brillant doctor, but he is helpful, available and he genuinely cares about the people under his care. I feel very fortunate to be on his list of patients, and feel my excellent quality of life is a direct reflection of his care.

Submitted April 19, 2011 | flag

I was diagnosed with Hepatitis B in October 2010 and was referred to Dr Swain.He prescribed Viread and also arranged a series of plasma transplants at the Foothills. In March 2011 all traces of HepB had been eliminated from my blood and I now feel 100%. While I was really sick Dr Swain and Pat, his nurse, kept in constant touch with me by email. I found both Mark and all of his staff to be pleasant and very hepful. I owe them my life and my good health.

Submitted March 22, 2011 | flag

I have seen Dr.Swain a few times and have found him to be down to earth and extremely easy to talk to...unlike my experience with many specialists. Very refreshing. I also appreciate him going beyond the "call of duty" on another issue to ease my wondering mind. Awesome Doctor!!

Submitted Dec. 7, 2010 | flag

First of all, the receptionists/nurses who answer the phone have failed to get back to my husband regarding his blood test results. He has had two blood tests done and does not know the results of either of them. He leaves a message every time, and nobody is returning his messages. The liver specialist has yet to see him and would only report on my husband's condition based on what he's read in a report - without doing a physical examination or anything.

Submitted Aug. 19, 2010 | flag

Excellent doctor, extremely knowledgeable, receptive to questions from the patient, includes patient in treatment, not condescending, warm caring smile, very competent and thorough, and to boot, damn cute! in sum, a great hepatologist!

Submitted Nov. 1, 2009 | flag

Dr. Swain was very instrumental in saving my life!!! I am lucky to have had him as a doctor. A wonderful man and doctor and always answered my questions, no matter what they were. VERY VERY FANTASTIC DOCTOR!!!

Submitted April 3, 2008 | flag