Rate Dr. Edwin Teehan

Dr. Edwin Teehan's Ratings

Colonoscopy revealed rectal cancer.Referred to Dr. Teehan.He agreed. Procedure was to simply remove my rectum and have a permanent colostomy at age 47.I asked if there was some new technology that would same my rectum.He flat at said no. I did my own research. Sloan Kettering gave me chemo and radiation, Yes,they removed my rectum,then pulled my colon down and sewed it where the rectum was. More chemo.After 10 tough months I was fine.Now 5 years later I do not have a permanent colostomy, and cancer free!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][557976].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 5, 2013

This man is supposed to be a great surgeon. Don't believe the hype. He has horrible communication skills. He told me one thing. Then he told me something totally opposite the next time I saw him. His office staff is the worst. His mother-in-law attempts to run his office and is totally incompetent. I lost a surgery date because of her gross incompetence. The rest of his staff are high school drop outs with surly attitudes. It is difficult for me to respect a doctor who allows a family member to ruin his practice. Hiring quality staff is expensive. But not hiring quality staff is more expensive. I would not recommend Dr. Teehan to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][557975].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2011

A great doctor, but not worth the 2 hour wait especially when he is clearly sitting behind the front desk learning a computer application.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][557974].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 9, 2011

I had a great experience with this Doctor and staff. In my opinion, Dr. Teehan is a great Doctor and his staff was very professional. I recently was referred to him by my primary Doctor, had surgery and everything went as planned. Great Doctor, great staff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][557973].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 28, 2011

I will never visit Dr. Teehan again. I was informed by the staff at St. Joseph's Hospital at 5 PM that I had appendicitis and it may burst if I don't have it removed soon.I was also informed that Dr. Teehan was on his way to perform the surgery.Dr. Teehan did not mosey into the hospital until after midnight. Six days after the operation I was in terrible pain and felt extremely nauseous. I went to visit Teehan who was more interested in his hour long personal phone call then discussing my well being. Three days after the visit I phoned Teehan's office to find out if he knew what was causing my pain and nausea.I was told by his staff in a rude manner that he was on vacation and there was nobody there who could help me. His staff member also stated that my blood work was fine. The same day I went to the Valley Hospital ER and was admitted. Blood tests showed that my white blood counts were over the top. A Cat Scan showed that I had 3 absceses in my stomach. I needed immediate surgery or I could have died.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][557972].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 13, 2010

This man is a very good doctor. But I would not reccomend him because of his incompetent office staff. The older woman is the worst. She is a senile, retarded, inbred chimpanzee with no redeeming qualities. She also happens to be Dr. Teabag's mother-in-law. I can't respect a doctor who tolerates incompetent staff. It's great to know nepotism is alive and well in the medical profession. Dr. Teabag uses his poor quality staff as an excuse. That is unacceptable. These women are under his aegis. And they will cost him patients and referrals.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][557971].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2010

This man is a very good doctor. But I would not reccomend him because of his incompetent office staff. The older woman is the worst. She is a senile, retarded, inbred chimpanzee with no redeeming qualities. She also happens to be Dr. Teehan's mother-in-law. I can't respect a doctor who tolerates incompetent staff. It's great to know nepotism is alive and well in the medical profession. Dr. Teehan uses his poor quality staff as an excuse. That is unacceptable. These women are under his aegis. And they will cost him patients and referrals.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][557970].votes_count ]]