Rate Dr. James Gray

Dr. James Gray's Ratings

He appeared to be reasonably friendly and interested, at first. But rather quickly in our meeting, he focussed on one of my symptoms and stopped listening. He referred later to the "fact" that I had mentioned that I got sick while travelling while my husband didn't. I have no idea where that comment came from. I never said that; I never use the word "husband" when referring to my partner, and the situation he described never happened! Where did he get that from??? It was worrisome. He clearly used the "recipe" model to diagnose me (focusing one one ingredient, or symptom) and refused to consider nuances. He was very dismissive of my questions. Needless to say, I don't trust his diagnosis.

Submitted June 14, 2014 | flag

Dr. Gray was very helpful and patient with me. He listened to my concerns and answered all of my questions.

Submitted March 17, 2013 | flag

I chose to see Dr. Gray from reading the reviews on this website. I was a bit iffy about trusting the words of online strangers but thought some feedback is better than going in not knowing the thoughts of other patients. I was pleasantly surprised with Dr. Gray. He was very patient and allowed me several chances to ask him any questions I had. He seems like a very assuring, capable and knowledgeable doctor.

Submitted Nov. 27, 2012 | flag

I am not sure why people are complaining about Dr. Gray. He was very pleasant and has great bedside manners. He spent almost half an hour wiht me and asked lots of questions. Listened without yawning or looking at his watch. Gave me a good check up. Answered my questions. Has given good suggestions to follow up for my ailment.

Submitted Feb. 22, 2012 | flag

Dr Gray was most thorough, efficient, kind and humorous in taking my history, and explaining, scheduling, performing and reporting on the colonoscopy, entirely forthcoming with his assessments and reassuring as appropriate. He is the perfect doctor. His entire staff is to be congratulated too.

Submitted Jan. 8, 2012 | flag

This doctor was very rude. He was incensed that I had travelled to Vancouver to see him. "Don't you have Gastroenterologists in Kelowna?". Insulting towards my GP, "who is this Dr. ...?" Outrageous! Pushed down on my stomach and voila made a diagnosis for gas and sent me packing with a prescription for a drug which my GP had already tried and had not worked. All this information was shared with him, "this" Dr. Gray, to no avail. Would never recommend "this" doctor, not even to my worst enemy. Driving 400 km to see a doctor is only considered as a last resort. It is very disappointing and frustrating to be treated in such a demeaning fashion.

Submitted Feb. 18, 2011 | flag

i have been sick for years, Dr.Gray gave me hope and direction, literally saving my life, i am so grateful for his evaluation, so is my family..dts

Submitted Jan. 21, 2011 | flag

Best Doctor. He is very caring and knowledgable. Very professional.

Submitted Oct. 4, 2010 | flag

I had my first colonoscopy with Dr. Gray recently. I had been putting it off for a long time because I was very nervous about having it done. The experience was so much easier than I had anticipated. It was essentially painless. Dr. Gray is very skilled and professional. All the staff at UBC were superb.

Submitted May 19, 2010 | flag

from the moment I met Dr.Gray my "gut reaction " told me that he is simply the finest doctor and humanitarian . Thanks for everything Dr.Gray , Robert Edel

Submitted Aug. 9, 2009 | flag