Rate Dr. Eric Babins

Dr. Eric Babins's Ratings

Upon moving here from the USA I "interviewed" Eric to see if I wanted to have him as my Doctor.. I know it was the first time he experienced that and he got a kick out of it. He has been my Doc ever since and now sees my twin 16 year old boys. As another poster on this site said, Eric is no nonsense and fully expects you to be his partner in your health journey. An excellent, knowledgeable Physician with a great sense of humor! This is exactly what I was looking for 17 years ago and what I will miss when he retires!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2642508].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2014

Horrible experience. He would make me wait for at least 20 mins before I'd see anyone then I would be seen first by interns with every visit that were not aware of my ankle problem. Second he refued to believe the level of pain I was living with. Blaming pregnancy for it and continually say its a sprain. Made me do physio for 6 month before he'd get an mri. Then after a year and a half I got my mri then he finally believed there was a significant problem. Told me either I could just live with it or he'd refer me to a surgeon and said I could try to convince him to fix it. He's arrogant and dismissive. Now I have to wait up to 18 month before I see the surgeon which I might have already of seen if he'd bothered to do and mri in the first place.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1359373].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

As one of his very first patients, Dr. Babins has been my physician for over 20 years. He is without question, one of the very best - an expert in his field, a great family doctor, and a great friend. He takes the time to explain everything, performs a very thorough annual physical and is proactive in his approach to wellness. He also expects his patients to take responsibility for their wellness - a reasonable expectation! I would, and have recommended Dr. Babins to many people. For those who feel he is arrogant, I would urge you to look in the mirror or be less sensitive. His humor can be a bit dry, but here's the thing - he has a great sense of humor! Thank you Dr. Babins for caring and striving to always be at the top of your game!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1359372].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2010

Great doctor excellent knowledge, friendly listens and tells jokes too. Helped with my problem.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1359371].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 25, 2010

He's the best Doctor in Calgary, and the only one of about 10 that I went to that actually new what was wrong. He's smart, so if you are looking for a **** letter to help you miss work, he's not for you! He will tell you what it takes to get better, it's up you to do it! So if your looking for a hug, and it's ok to be 100 pounds over weight, maybe pass! I can't tell you how much money and time I could have saved if I went to him first!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1359370].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 5, 2010

Great personality. This man knows his stuff. I look forward to every visit. I need synvisk injections in my knees. Thanks Doc.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1359369].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 9, 2010

performed my vasectomy, did a great job, no complications. great sense of humor, made me feel at ease, i was able to joke back. i would highly recommend him for that procedure. great sense of humor and easy going!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1359368].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2010

First and foremost I am sorry if anyone has had a bad experience with Dr. Babins...But belive me when I say I am the most difficult patient and have been to over 6 doctors in this city and DR. Babins is by FAR the best I have come across. I would reccomend him to EVERYONE I know. BEST DOCTOR EVER

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1359367].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2009

when other Doctors refused to see whats wrong with me. He knew right away I cant thank him enough I was giving up. He also took the time to speek with my gp and get him on track very smart

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1359366].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 12, 2009

I had a Vasectomy by Dr. Babins back in June and the wound has still not healed. I cannot sit down, stand up, walk or do a flight of stairs without being in pain. He prescribed some crappy antbiotic cream that has done nothing and when I talk to him he just brushes me off, like (yeah whatever)This idea to have the Vasectomy was supposed to be a dream for my wife and I but it has turned out to be our biggest nightmare.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1359365].votes_count ]]