Dr. Richard Baverstock

Dr. Richard Baverstock

Rate Dr. Richard Baverstock

Dr. Richard Baverstock's Ratings

Great attitude, has a very relaxed approach, explains in detail what to expect and what the outcomes will be.

Submitted June 30, 2011 | flag

My experience was very good. He was a little brisk, but not unfriendly. A little robotic, but so what. These surgeons are very busy people and I felt very fortunate to have this very experienced specialist in my corner. Radical prostatectomy. Went very well and 4 weeks later I am walking and doing light weights at the gym. Only very slight bladder leakage at this time and sexual function has returned ( but not full erection). I don't think you could hope for more than this surgeon, in this country, in this province, in that Rockyview facility.

Submitted Nov. 25, 2010 | flag

I found that Dr.Baverstock is a great urologist. I am a young guy and a guy my age shouldn't have the issues I had. This Dr made me feel very comfortable. His office staff were great and friendly.

Submitted Sept. 28, 2010 | flag

Both my wife and I found Dr. Baverstock informative, friendly, knowledgeable, easy to talk to, proactive in setting up surgery apptmnt. Although we finally made the decision to do radiation I would strongly recommend Dr. Baverstock to anyone. I was very disappointed to read some of the comments here and really could not believe that they were accurate.

Submitted Aug. 12, 2010 | flag

Most compassionate physician I have met. Have to wait to see him but he spends as much time as you need. Considering that health care is a FREE service and most physicians are over worked the care I received is top notch! Very clear with explanations and ensuring I understood everything prior to any procedures etc. Fantastic!

Submitted July 16, 2010 | flag

Excellent bedside manner - dry humoured and very efficient. Felt very relaxed, and I'm a physician-phobe.

Submitted Jan. 13, 2010 | flag

Baverstock performed a radical prostatectomy. Surgery ok, rp successful, bedside manner ok. Side effects were discussed before surgery and he assured effects would be minimal or negligible. If side effects occured he could handle expertly and confidently. Not for me. Very quick to dismiss me at appointments. Now has said he will not need to see me anymore. I feel taken advantage of. Has referred me to another doctor for side effects. No follow through with this doc. Disappointing.

Submitted Jan. 11, 2010 | flag

I was disappointed with detached, impersonal manner. I requested another urologist from referring doctor.

Submitted Nov. 7, 2009 | flag

I felt very comfortable with Dr. Baverstock. I particulary liked that he took the time to completely discuss my condition, avenues for treatment, and comprehensivness of explantion of treatment.

Submitted Oct. 6, 2009 | flag

He referred me to do an operation and never wanted to follow up with me. He miss leaded my by throwing out wrong medical advices. Either he doesn’t know or he really wanted to miss lead me. This is an absolute disaster in both cases

Submitted Aug. 28, 2009 | flag