Rate Dr. Richard Baverstock

Dr. Richard Baverstock's Ratings

Dr. Richard Baverstock has been my urologist for over a year now for urinary retention due to a neurogenic bladder. He's been good, ordering urological studies and explaining the results to me so I understand my problem. He's gone further to explain things to me than other specialists have for other problems. In turn this helps combat anxieties and helps with dealing with the uncertainties of my health condition.

The only complaint I have is that his staff never answer the phones and sometimes take days to return voice mail messages. They're grumpy and unhelpful. However, they're not a reflection of the quality of care Dr. Baverstock gives himself.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2655160].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2014

He and his staff were excellent! I could not be more happy with the treatment and outcome of the surgery! Thanks, you gave me my life back!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2536755].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 15, 2014

I just had surgery with Dr. Baverstock and I would strongly recommend him to anyone! He takes the time to get to know his patients and always asked me questions about myself. He was very reassuring, descriptive and kind in all he does. Definitely feel blessed to have had him looking after me!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2529997].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2014

Great attitude, has a very relaxed approach, explains in detail what to expect and what the outcomes will be.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1360571].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 30, 2011

My experience was very good. He was a little brisk, but not unfriendly. A little robotic, but so what. These surgeons are very busy people and I felt very fortunate to have this very experienced specialist in my corner. Radical prostatectomy. Went very well and 4 weeks later I am walking and doing light weights at the gym. Only very slight bladder leakage at this time and sexual function has returned ( but not full erection). I don't think you could hope for more than this surgeon, in this country, in this province, in that Rockyview facility.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1360570].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2010

I found that Dr.Baverstock is a great urologist. I am a young guy and a guy my age shouldn't have the issues I had. This Dr made me feel very comfortable. His office staff were great and friendly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1360569].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 28, 2010

Both my wife and I found Dr. Baverstock informative, friendly, knowledgeable, easy to talk to, proactive in setting up surgery apptmnt. Although we finally made the decision to do radiation I would strongly recommend Dr. Baverstock to anyone. I was very disappointed to read some of the comments here and really could not believe that they were accurate.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1360568].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2010

Most compassionate physician I have met. Have to wait to see him but he spends as much time as you need. Considering that health care is a FREE service and most physicians are over worked the care I received is top notch! Very clear with explanations and ensuring I understood everything prior to any procedures etc. Fantastic!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1360567].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 16, 2010

Excellent bedside manner - dry humoured and very efficient. Felt very relaxed, and I'm a physician-phobe.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1360566].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 13, 2010

Baverstock performed a radical prostatectomy. Surgery ok, rp successful, bedside manner ok. Side effects were discussed before surgery and he assured effects would be minimal or negligible. If side effects occured he could handle expertly and confidently. Not for me. Very quick to dismiss me at appointments. Now has said he will not need to see me anymore. I feel taken advantage of. Has referred me to another doctor for side effects. No follow through with this doc. Disappointing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1360565].votes_count ]]