Rate Dr. Pieter Strauss

Dr. Pieter Strauss's Ratings

I owe this man my life. It is not often you find competency and compassion in a psychiatrist. I have had 3 bouts of severe depression including the need for shock therapy. Dr.strauss in my darkest days gave me hope and kept me alive until I was well again.

Submitted Aug. 14, 2014 | flag

I will forever be grateful to dr. Strauss. In my darkest times, he gave me hope and enabled me to get back on my feet. I felt respected and heard - especially when we had to change my meds and dosages. Without his vast knowledge, care, wisdom and common sense, I doubt it that I would be living the life I do now. I wish him the very best.

Submitted May 1, 2014 | flag

I am a 30 year old professional in the medical field and I've spent a lot of time with many doctors. Dr. Strauss has been my psychiatrist for the past few years and I can truly say that he is the paragon of psychiatry. He is nonjudgmental and sincerely compassionate, caring, humble, and has one of the brightest minds I know. I am so blessed to have found him and Abbotsford is beyond fortunate to have such an ideal mental health provider like him. He is held in high esteem by his colleagues and patients alike and it is easy to understand why.

Submitted April 29, 2014 | flag

My father visited Dr. Pieter Strauss after being placed in Abbotsford psychiatric ward, he prescribed high dangerous dosages of medication on different occasions, my father went from extreme highs to lows he then willingly called emergency to take him to Abbotsford hospital to Strauss where the hospital denied my father any assistance as Strauss was away on holidays in South Africa, the front counter turned my sick father AWAY and left him with no on call doctor, 1 day later after he had was offered no help or assistance from Strauss or the hospital he took his own life within 10 minutes from the hospital. Strauss denies any contact with my family and I to this day. Doctor Pieter Strauss deserves to have his license REVOKED. I don't know how he continues his poor practice each day knowing my father who was simply asking for help is now DEAD. The amount of pain he has caused my family along with others is horrific.

Submitted March 20, 2014 | flag

I have a low opinion of him. In my case it was a family member and he did nothing but prescribe and re-prescribe, change it here and there. Spent little to no time actually talking to the person about their issues. Doing research on some of the prescriptions I was pretty amazed and I talked to pharmacists about the prescriptions to confirm what I read. He also has a habit of rescheduling appointments and given he books people out months in advance so he is very hard to see.

Submitted May 22, 2013 | flag

Excellent psychiatrist. Very caring and knowledgeable. He treated me with respect. He was willing to do things a bit different with medication to see if I was able to take it. When I went to see him, even though I had not see him for a bit over a month, he was right up to speed on every aspect of my situation. I would highly recommend him.

Submitted Jan. 1, 2013 | flag

Dr.Strauss has without any doubt saved my life. He is a compassionate, knowledgeable and professional, I have never seen anyone as excellent as he is. I am an experienced manager and was hospitalized under his care having an opportunity to see how he deals with staff and seriously ill patients. The manner in which he leads the Psychiatric Department is very impressive and he sincerely cares for everyone there. In my opinion he does not suffer opportunist fools gladly and this I respect as well, too many patients take chances and often gets away with it, we need more doctors like him. Thank you so much for the significant difference you made in my life. Your passion and caring is a blessing to our family and Abbotsford as whole.

Submitted Nov. 11, 2011 | flag

Here is a Dr. with both brains and a heart. He is well respected in the community and a real gentleman. Dr. Strauss offers life, encouragement, knowledge and hope. Simply stated, he is the best of the best.

Submitted July 18, 2011 | flag

Not the one for you if you need to see the patient more than once every three months. Hes to busy and admits hes a hospital doc first and office second. He will prescribe the patient medication but then if it doesnt work and needs tweaking he wont see you even for five minutes to fix it. You must wait for your app which leaves the family to have to deal with the affected member by themselves. He tells you to go to the hospital for any tweaking which is useless as hes to busy to put a file down there and noone knows what to do. Currently looking for a new physicatrist with more availability.

Submitted June 11, 2011 | flag

I too am one of the lucky people who have been blessed by this incredible man. I suffered a huge loss when my daughter passed suddenly and the aftermath that followed her passing. My life was turned upside down and I was refered to another psyciatrist who wanted to hospitalize me. My family Dr. managed to get Dr. Strauss to take my case and all I can say is Thank you to both of these men. Dr. Strauss is a caring, compassionate, kind man who listens and understands. My life has been slowly getting better with his help. He has made me feel like there is hope and that I will start to feel "normal" again. I know that I have a long road ahead of me but I feel confident that with Dr, Strauss' help I will continue to make progress.

Submitted April 19, 2011 | flag