Rate Dr. David Atack

Dr. David Atack's Ratings

I was referred to Dr. Atack for severe chronic migraines. The appointment were fairly easy to get (despite his receptionist forcing me to get another referral after the second appointment.) He was very helpful for the first two appointments and the medications he prescribed only worked for a short period of time.Over the course of several appointments he prescribed a variety of migraine preventatives which failed to work. Some of these gave me very bad side effects, including mood swings and severe depression, which he essentially chose to play down and eventually ignore, suggesting that I see a psychiatrist and not believing that it was the medication. When I asked if there was anything to counteract the effects of themed, he said "I don't do moods." In addition, after a series of failed attempts at prescriptions, he completely gave up on me, saying "Perhaps this is your lot in life." His arrogance and pomposity make Charles Emerson Winchester III look like the Dalai Lama.

Submitted Jan. 4, 2014 | flag

I can report Dr. Atack is totally focused on you; not distracted, rushed or disinterested. Very thorough in his examination, explains things along the way, reassures you in a kindly, considerate manner. We are most fortunate to have someone like Dr. Atack there for us when we need him. I would have no problem recommending him to my family and friends.

Submitted Oct. 4, 2013 | flag

Excellent Doctor...amazing follow up....takes his time to make sure you understand your situation and what the steps will be..

Submitted May 11, 2013 | flag

Submitted Dec. 14, 2011 | flag

Didn't seem to understand condition and was too quick to make a diagnosis

Submitted April 14, 2011 | flag

Just starting out with Dr. Attack. My husband has MS and has been bed ridden 90% of the past 3 years. His previous Neurologist was not very helpful. So far Dr. Attack seems to be the exact opposite. I think we are going to find ourselves very fortunate to have him on our team.

Submitted Feb. 10, 2011 | flag

Absolutely first class treatment. He listens attentively, acts decisively and is the most knowledgeable doctor in his field that I have met. I am very lucky to have met him.

Submitted Dec. 1, 2010 | flag

Dr Atack is top notch.After being ignored in Ottawa by various neurologists he finally is working on pinpointing the cause of my neuropathy.He takes time and cares.

Submitted July 22, 2010 | flag

Messed up Scheduling twice, rarely returned calls. seemed overly apathetic towards patients

Submitted March 5, 2010 | flag

I was referred to Dr. Atack for migrains that I have been suffering from since childhood for over 10 years. I had yet to find a medication that would work without making me drowsy and unable to supervise my 2 year old after taking. He took the time to ask me questions and allow me to give my input. After overlooking the list of medications I was prescribed by my family doctor to aid with the headaches, he notified me that I should have never been prescribed them as they are dangerous for me due to my ashtma. He put me on medication no other doctor had ever mentioned and I immediately saw results. I went from having 4-5 migrains a week to none in the past 3 months. Very genuine person and extremely good at what he does. Great bedside manner and right on time.

Submitted Jan. 9, 2010 | flag