You may also like

Rate Dr. George Daguiam

Dr. George Daguiam's Ratings

I was a patient of George's before he had his own practice. I was extremely afraid of dentist from an experience I had as a young child. He is an excellent dentist I have had him for about 30 years. I am still afraid of the drill as when a child I did not have freezing, but he is excellent and deals with my stress. I have been one of those patients who has had bad days and been told my behavior was out of line. I am thankful I have found such a skilled dentist .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2835222].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

I had been a patient of Dr. Daguiam for 16 years. I recommended his office to all of my friends and their families for the outstanding work that is continuously performed by Dr. Daguiam and his dental hygienists. The office is immaculate - very clean, very up to date and very cozy. Dr. Daguiam is very thorough, polite and professional. His hygienists are also very polite, professional, compassionate and accommodating.
As I said, I have constantly referred my friends to this office and was quite surprised that a couple of my friends complained to me about their experience with the receptionist and because of the way she conducts herself, my friends decided not to enroll as patients. I was shocked and shrugged it off, calculating their experience to be a fluke. It wasn’t until my recent experience with the receptionist that I too, after 16 years of being a patient, have left an exceptional Dentist, with highly professional hygienists. Quite possibly the best dentistry in Orillia. Unfortunately, as the majority of these reviews read regarding the receptionist are true. She is very rude and abrupt, easily irate, verbally aggressive and even outright argumentative. This was surprising because in all of the years I have been a patient of Dr. Daguiam I had never experienced this type of interaction with her before. On the first instance I informed my mother, who has been a patient of Dr. Daguiam for years, and my mother stated that the receptionist “is not like that” and that perhaps it was me. I brushed it off and ignored the unfavorable interaction thinking maybe the receptionist had a rough day that day that day. Three similar situations later I requested to complain to Dr. Daguiam himself. He apologized and suggested that I speak with a different receptionist when I call. Needless to say, regardless of how amazing and professional Dr. Daguiam and his Dental Hygienists are, I refuse to provide business to an office who allows a receptionist to provide such a horrible customer service. It doesn’t matter if she spends her days dealing with unruly people. That is her job. Its her job to ensure insurance papers are provided and signed. It is her job to meet and greet patients. It is her job to maintain that patient-dentist relationship over the telephone. Clearly, she is incapable of doing this and all patients seem to get the shitty end of the stick. It is for that reason that I have left this wonderful dentistry and will no longer refer anyone to this office. Good luck for those of you who are willing to take a chance or who are silly enough to stick it out.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2830813].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

Fabulous all around office. Great people: caring and empathetic to my family's needs. Accommodated my children's university schedule and stayed after hours to do it.
All staff very approachable!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2627642].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2014

The receptionist is very rude . Seems by reading the comments she picks and chooses who she probably thinks she can be rude with. My family all went there. Now we don't because as my mother told me do not give your business to unprofessional "professionals"

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2623682].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2014

extremly rude receptionist ,incredibly unprofessional , she should quit.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][1361953].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2013

Wow I'm shocked at the comments towards the receptionist. I've been a patient at this practice for years,It seems to me that she is clearly not the problem here,it's people like yourselves that are too demanding and rude to her,I've heard it myself on more than one occasion. Best you did leave you truely don't deserve to be a pt there.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1361952].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2012

Agree that the receptionist is the downfall here. I worked the front of house for dentists for years and never treated people the way she treats them. The rest of the staff and Dr. Daguium are terrific.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][1361951].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 24, 2011

I can't understand why all the poor comments about Sue. I've been going there for years and have never had anything but friendly banter and helpfullness from her. The Dr. and all the other staff are excellent too!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1361950].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2011

Love them all, George is amazing, Sue, the receptionist is a hardnose because she takes a lot of crap from patients. Get to know her a bit, she's a wonderful person.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1361949].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 21, 2011

Excellent follow up care for patients.Has restored my confidence and reduced my fear of dental work.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1361948].votes_count ]]