Rate Dr. Michael Fan

Dr. Michael Fan's Ratings

He was an elderly neighbour's doctor for several years. She asked for a referral to a specialist, he refused. When she changed doctors and did get a referral, the specialist identified several serious issues. Note that this woman recently had breast cancer and is not a chronic complainer. Dr. Fan's staff has also been making my friend go through all sorts of unecessary hoops in getting her files transferred to another doctor, not recognizing that the woman is 85 years old and has difficulty getting around in freeing temperatures.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2624150].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2014

The staff are rude, slow and incompetent. They lose papers for referrals and take weeks to book an appointment. The should never be in a customer service job.

Dr. Fan is more a theorist, that tells you his opinion and lacks through follow through on any issue. He miss a diagnosis that almost cost him his life. Maybe it was better in his early years, but time to retire. His office is very unprofessional and zero handicap access.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2521082].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 1, 2014

This guy seriously needs to quit. He has no passion or care for the people he treats. He's a washed up old man and has to retire!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2512014].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2014

After being re scheduled but no one called me. I showed up to a rude receptionist. Dr fan tried to rush me out of the room because he was backed up for showing up late. I told him I had a bad shooting pain in my back and leg and could barely sleep. He told me I'm fine and said I pulled a muscle and said it would go away. I tried to get more info and he told me he is busy and my time was up. About a week later I collapsed while crossing train tracks and had to be rushed to a hospital. It ended up being a pinched sciatic nerve in my spine. I lost my job and was on bed rest for a month. I scheduled a MRI apt thru the hospital and they faxed dr fan my apt date. They failed to call me and I almost missed my apt. I DO NOT recommend this terrible old man. Do not risk your families health! VERY UNPROFESSIONAL !!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1362025].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2012

I have been going to Doctor fan since I was 3 and I have been well taken care of by him and his staff. Now he sees my kids and another one is on the way. I feel that he has always been compassionate to my issues and been there to support me. To the patients that don't like him remember we all have bad days even doctors. I will be sad when he retires. BTW it's Olga not Helga.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1362024].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2012

Has been our family doctor for almost 30 years, and would highly recomend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1362023].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 10, 2012

my wife was always told that with her having diabetes that there were far too many risks in having a baby,we first started seeing Dr. Fan about 17 years ago. after a couple of years the subject of babies came up, he sent my wife to a couple of specialists and then told us that there was no reason why we shouldn't be able to have a healthy baby...our son will be 16 years old in May! as far as i'm concerned he's earned my respect... helga's great but that other receptionist needs a personality course.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1362022].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2012

Dr. Fan is good at sending you for tests. Never gets to the meat of the matter. His way or the highway. Listening is not one of his strengths. Does not like to have his decisions questioned. Very old school in his ways. Would not send anyone that I cared about to him. Time he retires!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1362021].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2011

He has been my doctor for 30 years - since I was a baby. If he is unsure about something he does not hid around the bush. He will send you to specialist and get blood work done. He sticks to the book and takes all precautions. It might be annyoing but you feel pretty good knowing your being taken care of. Wait time can get long but as soon as you go in you quickly see that he spends time with his patients. Good bed side manner - always asking me how my life and is gernerallly concerned.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1362020].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 30, 2010

*Good experience *Personable *Sense of humor with my child *Speedy booking *Great Staff

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1362019].votes_count ]]