Rate Dr. Michael Fan

Dr. Michael Fan's Ratings

After being re scheduled but no one called me. I showed up to a rude receptionist. Dr fan tried to rush me out of the room because he was backed up for showing up late. I told him I had a bad shooting pain in my back and leg and could barely sleep. He told me I'm fine and said I pulled a muscle and said it would go away. I tried to get more info and he told me he is busy and my time was up. About a week later I collapsed while crossing train tracks and had to be rushed to a hospital. It ended up being a pinched sciatic nerve in my spine. I lost my job and was on bed rest for a month. I scheduled a MRI apt thru the hospital and they faxed dr fan my apt date. They failed to call me and I almost missed my apt. I DO NOT recommend this terrible old man. Do not risk your families health! VERY UNPROFESSIONAL !!

Submitted Dec. 8, 2012 | flag

I have been going to Doctor fan since I was 3 and I have been well taken care of by him and his staff. Now he sees my kids and another one is on the way. I feel that he has always been compassionate to my issues and been there to support me. To the patients that don't like him remember we all have bad days even doctors. I will be sad when he retires. BTW it's Olga not Helga.

Submitted April 17, 2012 | flag

Has been our family doctor for almost 30 years, and would highly recomend.

Submitted Jan. 10, 2012 | flag

my wife was always told that with her having diabetes that there were far too many risks in having a baby,we first started seeing Dr. Fan about 17 years ago. after a couple of years the subject of babies came up, he sent my wife to a couple of specialists and then told us that there was no reason why we shouldn't be able to have a healthy baby...our son will be 16 years old in May! as far as i'm concerned he's earned my respect... helga's great but that other receptionist needs a personality course.

Submitted Jan. 6, 2012 | flag

Dr. Fan is good at sending you for tests. Never gets to the meat of the matter. His way or the highway. Listening is not one of his strengths. Does not like to have his decisions questioned. Very old school in his ways. Would not send anyone that I cared about to him. Time he retires!

Submitted Dec. 5, 2011 | flag

He has been my doctor for 30 years - since I was a baby. If he is unsure about something he does not hid around the bush. He will send you to specialist and get blood work done. He sticks to the book and takes all precautions. It might be annyoing but you feel pretty good knowing your being taken care of. Wait time can get long but as soon as you go in you quickly see that he spends time with his patients. Good bed side manner - always asking me how my life and is gernerallly concerned.

Submitted Nov. 30, 2010 | flag

*Good experience *Personable *Sense of humor with my child *Speedy booking *Great Staff

Submitted Sept. 28, 2010 | flag

Dr. Fan has been my Family Doctor since I was a baby. He is a great doctor and is definitely NOT motivated by money. As for the people who say bad things about Dr. Fan, I don't know about you but I appreciate a doctor that's not willing to make money off whiny complaints of the common cold. I remember going to him a couple times with a cold and that's exactly what he told me... " you'll be fine, its just a cold." it was a cold, and I'm fine. lol He's the kind of doctor that will NOT give you medicine unless you actually NEED it. Whenever I've been really sick, Dr. Fan has never just dismissed me. He's always done his best to help.

Submitted Sept. 8, 2010 | flag

Been going to this doctor for 25 years of my life and counting. He was the doctor that delivered me too. Always available. Always caring. everyone in my family goes to him. I moved to Toronto and I make the drive out to him if i ever need to.

Submitted Nov. 11, 2009 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr. Fan since 1979. He has always been a knowledgeable and campasionate physician. He is now my daughters docter and I have the upmost confidence in his skills

Submitted Oct. 23, 2009 | flag