Rate Dr. Ronald B Sorensen

Dr. Ronald B Sorensen's Ratings

Never been treated so poorly then I did today! The ladies were rude. Should not be in this profession. Not to mention having issues and Dr brushed them off. Bc he was "in hurry" . Would not recommend him to anyone!!

Submitted Sept. 16, 2014 | flag

After reading some of the critics I thought I had the wrong doctor. I have found Dr Sorensen to be a dedicated physician. The wait can be a little long at times. However, when I am in the hospital suffering with kidney stone pain it is comfortimg to know that Dr Sorensen will take care of me. My previous uroligist could care less about my suffering and missing work. Dr. Sorensen had me scheduled for a urine test before I had asked. The other fella said testing urine doesn't tell you anything. Basically' go home and keep doing the same thing to encourage stone development and I'll see you in the ER next time $$$$$. Compared to my previous experience I am very happy for now. L Henderson

Submitted Aug. 19, 2014 | flag

Dr. Sorensen is a very smart man but his bedside manners are horrible. This doctor has no compassion and definitely no integrity. He gets annoyed if you ask to many or the same question again. Instead he'll tell you about someone else that is worse off. He lives at the hospital he makes you wait for hours for him, he works crazy long hours and as a result makes some serious mistakes and who suffers in the end the patient. My dad went in for one surgery and ended up having four surgeries within three weeks. This was seven months ago and my dad is still suffering. He still has two more surgeries to correct the mistake which will be done in London. Dr. Sorensen has a God complex. |I would never recommend this doctor to anyone. He's not an asset to the Met Hospital more like a liability.

Submitted June 1, 2013 | flag

I will never be a patient of Doctor Sorenson's. I had an appointment at the Hospital he was at. He was not on time,he asked me why I am here. I told him I have kidney stones and he quickly checked me and said it does not sound like that.I told him that is what ultra sound showed.He said he did not have the results. My appointment was for him to have them. He said to wait 45 min to an hour and come back. I said I 's rather go home as I do not feel well and want to rest.I had been to the hospital 3 days in a row and I just want to know what he is going to do. He said for me to go home and he will call me after he gets the results that night. He never called me that night, nor any other day after that.I then went to my GP, who is awesome, and she said yes, you have multiple kidney stones.Dr. Sorenson has a very bad bedside manner and is very cocky.This is not a good doctor, in my eyes. He needs to go back to school and learn how to care about people or get out of his practice!!!!

Submitted April 29, 2013 | flag

I Got a vasectomy right in the office. I wanted to avoid the hospital where sick people are and being put under. I was in and out of the office quickly while my family waited outside in the car. They even got me in despite me coming the wrong day and forgetting to bring in the pain block (I had missed my actual appt by a day and they gave me pain block even though I was supposed to fill a prescription and bring it in with me!) Recovery went fantastically and I've had no residual issues at all. I was impressed that this doctor was able to complete his own vasectomy - it showed me that he saw the procedure as routine and not requiring a hospital visit or heavy medication (why do doctors put patients under for a simple vasectomy?!) I'd recommend this doctor. The receptionist was somewhat short but I was kind to her and she warmed up.

Submitted June 10, 2011 | flag

Dr Sorensen is a really great urologist. He has treated me since December of 2005 and I have been treated extremly well by him.

Submitted Jan. 3, 2011 | flag

I have had great care under his supervision. When was the last time a specialist gave you his cell number and told you to meet him at the hospital?

Submitted Jan. 25, 2010 | flag

Upon entering the office, I was pleasantly surprised to see no one in the waiting room. We waited for about 5 minutes, went into a private room, then waited for about 15 minutes. Dr. Sorensen came in and spent over 90 minutes with us. What a great experience. He put a rush on a renal scan at the hospital for me, and prescribed meds that are helping already. Sure, he's busy, but he really is the only Dr. in this city that knows what he's doing.

Submitted Dec. 2, 2009 | flag

Worst experience i have ever had with anyone who has ever graduated medical school. Had a severe personal problem and went back THREE times with the same issue. The doctor used the same extremely painful procedure each time (IN HIS OFFICE WITH THE DOOR OPEN) and suggested that i take very strong antibiotics for close to 4 months. Ruined my immune system and sent me home bleeding multiple times. Worst service i have ever received, left the room while i had many questions left. HORRIBLE, SHOULD NOT BE IN PRACTICE.

Submitted Oct. 20, 2009 | flag

If this guy says your son needs to be circumcised run away as fast as you can. I brought my son in because he was getting repeated infections and the doc immediately told me the problem was that my son was intact and he needed to be circumcised. I went back to my family doc and got a different referal. That doc told me the problem was completely unrelated to my son being intact. She gave me a prescription for a different kind of antibiotic that the previous doc hadn't used. I gave my son the antibiotic faithfully and the infection cleared up and it hasn't come back since and it's been 3 years now. Dr. Sorenson seems to think cutting off a part of a baby's body is the best solution to any problem it seems. Oh and I had to wait 5 hours in his office to have him tell me my son needed to be circumcised. I was so upset. What a waste of time. I don't want to imagine how many other boys have been harmed by him.

Submitted Aug. 24, 2009 | flag