Rate Dr. John Wong

Dr. John Wong's Ratings

Dr. Wong is the best! I had surgery on a brain aneurysm in June of 2008 and still have follow-up MRIs and appointments with Dr. Wong's office. He has always been very helpful and shares information freely. He looks so young..doubt anyone would believe that he is a top neurosurgeon if they just met him. I feel privileged to have such a great surgeon as my doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1362432].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2012

After reading everyones comments I had to laugh at Dr. Wongs punctuality as he isn't exactly timely..however in my opinion he is the best at what he does and would highly recommend him to anyone that needs a brain tumor removal. All of my previous symptoms are gone and my surgery was 3 weeks ago!! To anyone reading this that requires brain surgery....You are in good hands!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1362431].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2012

I was unconscious when I was operated on. The procedure took about 121 hours ( so my wife says). I only met him a few months after I was discharged (I stayed in the hospital for about 6 months.) A year after I got out I met him again for the last time. He seems polite enough though I was treated too casually. I fear that he may be having a god complex which a lot of doctors may have these days

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1362430].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2011

He was highly reguarded by most of the hospital staff for his skills.But my experience with his overall personal attitude was very poor!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1362429].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2011

I love Dr. Wong!! He treated me with the same care and compassion you would expect from a family member. My surgery (one week ago) for a brain aneursym was difficult, but he did everything over and above in his power to make sure I was treated to end my worries and health issues. He is brilliant at what he does, has a wonderful bedside manner, and there are no words to describe the gratitude my family and I have for his existance in the neurosurgery field. I now have a second chance at life and feel confident I will see my 16 month old son grow to be a man and have a happy healthy long life. He makes the world a better place every day!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1362428].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2010

This doctor operated on me 16 months ago. First surgery was canceled on surgery day because his nurse didn't think it would solve my problems, Dr. Wong was over an hour late for surgery. After another MRI he decided, again, that it was the right thing to do, he told me at the time he would operate at L5-S1 on both sides of disc. When I woke up after the surgery and being told "hopefully you'll heal" by another doctor who witnessed the surgery, Dr. Wong announced to me that he operated on L5-S1 and L4-L5 on left side only. Surgery didn't fix anything, actually created new aches and pains. When I went back to see him a few months after the surgery he promptly said that he couldn't do anything else for me. He took me to another doctor down the hall who then told me I was definitely a candidate for another surgery but two months later changed his mind. Neither of these two doctors have any suggestions to help me get better. My biggest regret in life is to have put my life in his hands.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1362427].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 29, 2010

The man saved my life. From what my son and husband have told me he explained about the surgery and made sure they were well informed through out the 5 hour wait. I have gone back to see him 3 times now and have another appointment in 5 months.Great follow up appointments. He has sent me to another Doctor for further tests that may or may not be related to the surgery, I go in about 5 weeks. His "office" really does not like returning phone calls and when I left a second message 2 days later, was told to wait for her to get back to me and not tie up the answering machine! So glad he has the personality,he is the one you have to care about!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1362426].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 28, 2010

I'm another whose life Dr Wong saved I had a giant golf-ball size aneurysm both pre & post surgery he was very approachable & helpful to me & my familywe were blessed to have him for my doc

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1362425].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2009

Dr Wing saved my moms life. he is extremely talented and explains everything clearly. Thank you Dr. Wong.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1362424].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009

My wife had Dr John Wong perform a procedure combining use of intracranial stent and coiling for the treatment of her brain aneurysm. lt was a complete success. She went home next day after the procedure. Dr Wong is an effective and efficient proffessional.He stays up-to-day knowledge of stent asisted coiling. Our family is highly appreciative of Dr John Wong.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1362423].votes_count ]]