Dr. Barbara L. Smith

Grad. Year: 1983

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 08/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 6 reviews. Dr. Barbara L. Smith has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Surgeon (general)-related: microsurgery, general surgery, trauma surgery, transplant surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 2474292
14/11/12 4 4 5 5 Dr. Smith is an angel. God bless her and the work she does. Absolutely the best!
Respond

08/04/12 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Barbara" to "Barbara L."
RID: 1573231
28/10/11 1 4 1 3 Dealing with Dr. Smith and her assistant was the scariest and most devaluing expericence of my life. My other review mysteriously was deleted from this site.  Respond

26/10/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1460383
08/06/11 5 5 5 5 It's hard to imagine a better surgeon to have with a breast cancer diagnosis. I feel that she was a blessing to me. She listens, doesn't talk down and yet is always understandable. She helped me and supported me in making a decision another Dr. did not support. Turns out it was absolutely the best decision for me. Staff is wonderful too.
RID: 1276815
21/10/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Smith is incredible. She is a top surgeon and also warm, compassionate, and truly concerned. She gave me some not-great (but not too bad) news and later commented on how well I had handled it, which I thought was very nice (actually I was surprised that she remembered what I had said). I am very lucky that she was my doctor and I would absolutely recommend her to anyone. Actually, the entire MGH cancer team was great. I am very glad I was treated at this excellent hospital with such wonderful people.  Respond
RID: 814124
05/03/09 5 5 5 5 A life-saver both in her surgical skill and the compassion with which she treats her patients. Dr. Smith is one of the top breast surgeons in the country and yet she has none of that attitude that sometimes comes with such stature and surgical prowess. She does not talk down to patients, listens patiently to concerns, recommends options and helps her patients make good quality of life decisions. When you walk into her office you are treated with such respect! They take care of everything for you and are incredibly interested in making sure that you are not stressed out during an incredibly stressful diagnosis.
RID: 675415
28/08/08 5 4 5 5 Dr. Smith is the head of Breast Cancer Surgery at MGH and is a fantastic doctor! She is very knowledgeable, compassionate, and concerned. I had both of my surgeries with her and would absolutely recommend her.
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal