Dr. Tomer Davidov

Grad. Year: 2000

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 08/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 10 reviews. Dr. Tomer Davidov has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Surgeon (general)-related: microsurgery, general surgery, trauma surgery, transplant surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5523725
05/06/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. DAVIDOV is a fantastic surgeon! My husband a hernia repaired and the surgery was much more complicated than he anticipated. Dr. Davidov truimph this challenge. THUMBS UP TO THIS SUPERB SURGEON!  Respond

13/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 2.3
RID: 1863826
07/04/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Davidov is not only an incredibly gifted surgeon, but also an extremely caring person. He was readily available after hours and was more than gracious to put me at ease prior and after my thyroidetecomy/lateral neck dissection. He is a terrific listener and takes the time to explain everything in a language you can understand. It's so comforting to know that there are doctors out there who geniuinely care for their patients. Dr. Davidov is truly one in a million!
Respond

23/02/12 SYSTEM: City changed from "NEW YORK" to "New Brunswick", State changed from "NY" to "NJ"
RID: 1437450
10/05/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Davidov a great surgeon. My husband does Home Improvements and he did a R inguinal hernia on him May 2 and my husband was out to breakfast next day. He is the BEST, personality, knowledge and skills. Most of all he handed me Operative report which told us everything he did. Thank You Joe and Debbie Bacskocky
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1419660
18/04/11 5 5 5 5 Este Cirujano es mug bueno, me explico todo el procedimiento para remover el apendix. Todo salio muy bien, el Cirujano de lo mejor
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1373473
27/02/11 5 5 5 5 very personable. Spends time with patient. Answers all questions asked. Helpful and pleasant staff. Caring checkup after surgery. Listens to the patient.
RID: 1335977
13/01/11 5 5 5 5 I was referred to Dr. Tomer Davidov after a (4)x bungled St. Vincent's Hospital attempt to diagnose thyroid disease and a vein rupture during an FNB increased a cyst making it impossible to fully breath. Dr. Tomer Davidov Surgeon at RWJUH has profound experience and knowledge concerning Thyroid disease. I knew from that moment that I met him he was gifted. He told me that he would remove 1/2 of my thyroid (the right side) save the other 1/2 (left side) and that would be sufficient post. Dr. Tomer Davidov didn't let me down via my February 26, 2010 surgery and March 9, 2010 follow up he found cancer in the biopsy and told me that "he thought he got it all". The post surgery reports that Dr. Tomer Davidov provided to me were detailed and easily articulate he is the complete professional. Today January 13, 2011 my thyroid is functioning successfully and I'm cancer free. To me Dr. Tomer Davidov is deeply cares about his patients ands a master craftsman with the knife.  Respond
RID: 1222060
04/08/10 5 5 5 5 Came into Robert Wood Johnson emergency room with fevor in excess of 103. After 3-4 hours of tests, the ER physician recommended me to see a surgeon. I had an infected gallbladder, pancreatitis and two stones in the biliary duct. The first time I met Dr. Davidov he impressed me with his vast knowledge and his extreme confidence in mapping out the game plan. His bedside manner and personality is extremely positive. Dr. Davidov executed the game plan with perfect precision and I was out of the hospital in 5 days. Dr. Davidov is the finest surgeon I ever met. Don't be fooled by his youthful age. Dr. Davidov's experience far exceeds his age. His educational background is quite impressive as well. Thank god for Dr. Davidov. I highly recommend him for patients in need of general surgery. A true star!
RID: 1190634
16/06/10 5 4 5 5 Dr. Davidov is an unbeleivable doctor,I couldn't recommend anyone better.
RID: 1170649
16/05/10 5 5 5 5 I was very fortunate to have had Dr. Davidov as my surgeon to remove my gallblater. From our first meeting I felt I was in very good hands. He was very interested in me as a patient and took the time to review my medical history and symptoms before rushing into surgery. He provided me with all the information of the procedure as well as the possible complications so there were no surprises. He welcomed questions from me as well as my family. I was very lucky to have had my surgery on the same weekend that he was on duty as he visited me on a daily basis while I was recovering. When I required additional care several days after surgery he was the one in the room who called for assistance. I have had surgery in the past and I feel as though Dr. Davidov was a trully professional, kind and caring doctor with a wonderful bedside manner. If anyone in my family would require a surgeon I certainly will refer Dr. Davidov. Thank you so very much for your wonderful care!
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1117269
01/03/10 4 4 5 5 Dr. Davidov is an incredible surgeon. He is genuinely interested in his patients. When you have a cancer diagnosis (in my case, thyroid cancer) and need surgery, you have endless questions. He was more than willing to spend time addressing all of my concerns and even engage in intellectual discussions about procedures and options and studies that have been done. He actually welcomed my questions and ideas. He took a less aggressive approach to my surgery than a couple other surgeons wanted to, and I believe he was right in his approach, so I'm grateful I chose him. With thyroid surgery, nerves can be damaged that can affect your voice. I was very concerned about this happening, but Dr. Davidov put me at ease, and I had absolutely no complications. He clearly is an expert in thyroid surgery. He even called me out of the blue months later to see how I was doing. Amazing.
Insurance: CIGNA