Dr. William Hyndman

Rate Dr. William Hyndman

Dr. William Hyndman's Ratings

Submitted Dec. 6, 2011 | flag

Dr. Hyndman seems good and concerned about his patients. Unfortunately his receptionist is completely incompetent. She promised to call me back 6 weeks ago and yet she has not returned any calls from the 4 voicemails I have left in this time period.

Submitted Nov. 22, 2011 | flag

I wouldn't waste my time to see this Doctor again. He has NO bedside manner and just rushes you out. He didn't even know why I developed my problem and didn't know if it would come back and I found his Receptionist very Rude as well. If you have a choice for a doctor, don't pick this one.

Submitted March 13, 2011 | flag

I was referred to Dr Hyndman in 1987 with a Bladder Tumour which was already at 4cm. I had surgery arranged within 2 days! A cytoscopy was arranged for 3 months later, and arrangements were then made for me to have Chemotherapy diectly into the Bladder. I have had numerous Tumours growing since then and have had chemotherapy and Immunotherapy to delay the growth of the Tumours. The treatment that I have received from Dr Hyndman after all of these years has always been superb! I am still on 3 monthly cystos as of this time and whenever a tumour is found it is quickly removed. I find Dr Hyndman to be very competent, and an extremely pleasant Dr. I have talked to other patients in his waiting room at the Hospital and they would not want to go to anyone else!!It is rare for him to be on time because he is always busy,but once he arrives He gives you all the attention that you require. The nurses at the Hospital love to work with him because he is good at his job and always so pleasant!

Submitted Aug. 26, 2010 | flag

I have been seing Dr. Hyndman for a number of years now on a regular basis for cystoscopies to deal with a urinary stricture. He has been very good at helping me understand my condition and what the future probably holds in terms of surgery. He takes a more cautious approach than many of my previous urologists, but this is fine, and seems very appropriate, given that he's explained why he's doing so. Like all urologists he's busy, so I suggest you have clear questions prepared ahead of time. I must admit I haven't seen him in his office, but only in the hospital outpatient clinic, but I'll miss him when he does retire, as he's been very helpful in my case.

Submitted Aug. 22, 2010 | flag

I went to see this doctor years ago regarding kidney problems i had been having. I went and had x-rays and ultrasounds done and he told me i was fine and he saw no problems in my tests. Well 6 months later i ended up passing a kidney stone the size of a golf ball and had to spend a week in the hospital it did so much damage. The urologist at the Rockyview came in and showed me my x-ray from months earlier and the stone was present then and i could see it clearly myself and told me that it should have been removed months earlier so my body wouldn't try to pass it. Why Dr Hyndman ignored it and told me there was nothing wrong with me is beyond me. It would have saved me alot of pain and grief had he done his job properly. I now have permanant damage thanks to that large stone he should have removed.

Submitted Feb. 12, 2010 | flag

Had a vasectomy go bad and he's been no help at all. The receptionist was very rude and rushed. Not a good experince at all so far. Hasn't even seen me about my condition once, and it was really bad for weeks.

Submitted Jan. 19, 2010 | flag

I found Dr.Hyndman rushed and not really willing to discuss other options. He had his opinion and made it sound like that was really the only thing to consider. His nurse was wonderful, but the clerk was absolutely rude and quite stupid.

Submitted July 14, 2009 | flag

I was referred to Dr. Hyndman by my family doctor. I had to wait two months for an appointment. The receptionist changed the day and time on four occasions so that in the end I was not sure when my appointment was. Three months later I showed up at the time I was given and was told the doctor had already left. When I finally did get to see Dr. Hyndman he was cold and impatient and could not wait to get out of the room. He did nothing for me and I had to go see another urologist to get treatment. There is no doubt this man is only in medecine for the money. He has no interest in his patients and does not seem to like people at all. His staff are condescending and impolite and seem to be very much like the doctor himself, meaning they are just there for the pay cheque and don't enjoy their work. The receptionist was particulary rude and needs to find work where she isn't dealing with people.

Submitted March 19, 2009 | flag

Dr Hyndman came in to look at some test results with me and the Nephrologist and spent a good 1/4 hour with us discussing my daughter's situation. He was very knowledgeable and treated me with a great deal of respect.

Submitted Dec. 13, 2008 | flag