Rate Dr. John Ostrowski

Dr. John Ostrowski's Ratings

Being referred to Dr Ostrowski was the greatest referral I could have ever received! I first saw him in March 2000 I have since been seen by him for shoulder knee and back pain. He operated on my left knee, in 2002, the day before my birthday, I was the maid-of-honour at my friends wedding 4 days later, I was able to walk down the aisle without use of my cane, he did a fantastic job! I then had my right knee done in 2011 again another fantastic job! He is the kindest,compassionate and caring surgeon I have ever met. He is funny and I have never seen him without a smile on his face,considering the demands, pressure and stress that he must be under! He is very busy but I have never felt rushed by him. He explains everything in detail in a way that would be understood easily by anyone! An overall great doctor, words can not describe him. I actually look forward to seeing him when I have a problem because I know at the end of it I will feel better having had him as my doctor! 10+ M Merkel

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2527613].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 7, 2014

After tearing off 3 of the 4 Quad muscles on the left leg Dr Ostrowski repaired the injury successfully and with therapy I have regained my ability to do most of what I was able to do previously to the bad injury. Operation was performed on a very quick time frame and the result was a speedy recovery. John has a very excellent bed side manner, very likable person. Very professional also.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2501650].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2014

Our son broke his leg and needed emergency surgery. Dr. Ostrowski was very considerate of our concerns as well as our son's. He took the time to answer all our questions and was in to check on him a number of time during his stay at the hospital. He did not rush him out and was genuinely concerned when things didn't look right, checking on him 2-3 times a day. We would highly recommend Dr. Ostrowski for any orthopedic surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1367440].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 10, 2014

What a fabulous doctor. I was in the care of another surguon in Niagara Falls and was told that there was no more he could do for my badly arthritic knees Dr.O was the best second oppinion i could have asked for I am now waiting for knee reconstuction. Dr O has such a great bed side manner and is very easy to talk to and not once have i felt rushed and he takes the time to listen and answer all of my question. So if you dont like what one doctor says i reccommend to get a second opinion and see Dr. O I give him a 10 out of 10.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1367439].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 3, 2012

I was extremely pleased by the service I received from Dr. Ostrowski and his staff. I asked to be put on a cancellation list and they called with an appointment. I stopped in during their lunch hour, and received excellent care from his staff. Dr. Ostrowksi clearly provided the information about my surgery and then did a great job. I couldn't be more pleased. I would highly recommend him as a competent, approachable and professional orthopedic surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1367438].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 22, 2011

An amazing physician - among the best we've ever encountered - thoughtful, caring, patient, concerned, helpful, kind, makes his patients feel comfortable, took time to answer our questions, did not rush us out the door, approachable, we can't say enough good things about this doctor. His skill and talent are outstanding. We are so pleased the results of his surgery on my husband, and he is heading for additional surgery without fear, having total confidence in Dr. J. Ostrovsky's competence and attention to detail. Dr. Ostrovsky's staff are equally welcoming and helpful. He gets a "10" in our books! L. & Y. DeSouza

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1367437].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 4, 2011

Best Doctor I could ask for! Very caring, considerate and helpful. No matter how busy, he still takes time to talk, explain and address your needs and questions. After an accident and having a very severe fracture, he has been the best support to my recovery. The whole process will take about a year or more to complete, but I could not have done it without him. His dedication is present on every visit. Absolutely the best doctor ... I owe him a lot, his dedication has made the difference between my walking again and not walking again. Thank you Doctor for all your wonderful work !

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1367436].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2011

This'doctor'performed an unecessary operation on me where he made my condition far WORSE than it was before.Far worse;now in a near invalid/soon-to-be invalid state.He failed to offer any alternative treatment(better alternatives that I discovered after it was too late)and 'sold' the 'procedure' as a no-trouble affair;indeed, as the only possible treatment.This was a lie.He fooled me.He failed to inform me of any serious risks(but lied to another doctor that he had).He was not informative, or honest, and didn't care to listen to what I was saying and arrogantly walked out on me twice when I had further questions.His staff even lied to me that there was no chance it might be worse after.The operation was two hours late,the last of the day,and consequently rushed.Other patients in physiotherapy mirror my sentiments about this charlatan. Avoid him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1367442].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 4, 2011

The best doctor ever. Would recommend to everyone. Had reconstuctive surgery. Botched by another doctor. He repaired my foot and did a joint replacement. Would go to only him if further surgery is needed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1367435].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 5, 2011

Dr.Ostrowski is a wonderful Dr. He is well educated & very cordial to all his Pt's. He does everything he can to assist you in the healing process. It is beyond me though that his staff is still employed. As a professional myself I find them very unprofessional. They are quite rude & disrespectful. In person or on the telephone. Very unfriendly atmosphere to have to visit.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1367434].votes_count ]]