Rate Dr. John Ostrowski

Dr. John Ostrowski's Ratings

After tearing off 3 of the 4 Quad muscles on the left leg Dr Ostrowski repaired the injury successfully and with therapy I have regained my ability to do most of what I was able to do previously to the bad injury. Operation was performed on a very quick time frame and the result was a speedy recovery. John has a very excellent bed side manner, very likable person. Very professional also.

Submitted Aug. 17, 2014 | flag

Our son broke his leg and needed emergency surgery. Dr. Ostrowski was very considerate of our concerns as well as our son's. He took the time to answer all our questions and was in to check on him a number of time during his stay at the hospital. He did not rush him out and was genuinely concerned when things didn't look right, checking on him 2-3 times a day. We would highly recommend Dr. Ostrowski for any orthopedic surgery.

Submitted Feb. 10, 2014 | flag

What a fabulous doctor. I was in the care of another surguon in Niagara Falls and was told that there was no more he could do for my badly arthritic knees Dr.O was the best second oppinion i could have asked for I am now waiting for knee reconstuction. Dr O has such a great bed side manner and is very easy to talk to and not once have i felt rushed and he takes the time to listen and answer all of my question. So if you dont like what one doctor says i reccommend to get a second opinion and see Dr. O I give him a 10 out of 10.

Submitted June 3, 2012 | flag

I was extremely pleased by the service I received from Dr. Ostrowski and his staff. I asked to be put on a cancellation list and they called with an appointment. I stopped in during their lunch hour, and received excellent care from his staff. Dr. Ostrowksi clearly provided the information about my surgery and then did a great job. I couldn't be more pleased. I would highly recommend him as a competent, approachable and professional orthopedic surgeon.

Submitted Dec. 22, 2011 | flag

An amazing physician - among the best we've ever encountered - thoughtful, caring, patient, concerned, helpful, kind, makes his patients feel comfortable, took time to answer our questions, did not rush us out the door, approachable, we can't say enough good things about this doctor. His skill and talent are outstanding. We are so pleased the results of his surgery on my husband, and he is heading for additional surgery without fear, having total confidence in Dr. J. Ostrovsky's competence and attention to detail. Dr. Ostrovsky's staff are equally welcoming and helpful. He gets a "10" in our books! L. & Y. DeSouza

Submitted Oct. 4, 2011 | flag

Best Doctor I could ask for! Very caring, considerate and helpful. No matter how busy, he still takes time to talk, explain and address your needs and questions. After an accident and having a very severe fracture, he has been the best support to my recovery. The whole process will take about a year or more to complete, but I could not have done it without him. His dedication is present on every visit. Absolutely the best doctor ... I owe him a lot, his dedication has made the difference between my walking again and not walking again. Thank you Doctor for all your wonderful work !

Submitted Sept. 8, 2011 | flag

This'doctor'performed an unecessary operation on me where he made my condition far WORSE than it was before.Far worse;now in a near invalid/soon-to-be invalid state.He failed to offer any alternative treatment(better alternatives that I discovered after it was too late)and 'sold' the 'procedure' as a no-trouble affair;indeed, as the only possible treatment.This was a lie.He fooled me.He failed to inform me of any serious risks(but lied to another doctor that he had).He was not informative, or honest, and didn't care to listen to what I was saying and arrogantly walked out on me twice when I had further questions.His staff even lied to me that there was no chance it might be worse after.The operation was two hours late,the last of the day,and consequently rushed.Other patients in physiotherapy mirror my sentiments about this charlatan. Avoid him.

Submitted Aug. 4, 2011 | flag

The best doctor ever. Would recommend to everyone. Had reconstuctive surgery. Botched by another doctor. He repaired my foot and did a joint replacement. Would go to only him if further surgery is needed.

Submitted Jan. 5, 2011 | flag

Dr.Ostrowski is a wonderful Dr. He is well educated & very cordial to all his Pt's. He does everything he can to assist you in the healing process. It is beyond me though that his staff is still employed. As a professional myself I find them very unprofessional. They are quite rude & disrespectful. In person or on the telephone. Very unfriendly atmosphere to have to visit.

Submitted Jan. 7, 2010 | flag

As I work in a nursing setting myself, I have a full understanding of how things can be at times in such an environment. I was pleasanty suprised at the outstanding care I received within GNGH; moreover, the fine staff within the ortho clinic. As for the profound Dr.O, rest assure that you are always greeted firstly with a smile as well as an open ear. Consulting not only the white pages of your chart; all aspects of care seemingly discussed in laymen's terms, with patient input being considered. This quick witted man also has quite a sense of humour. If updated medical documentation is required there may be a delay. Understandably, given patient loads, the compassionate care that is delivered along with time spend in the o/r updates are can not be of the highest priority. After all, the doctor deserves to have a life too. Right? If at all possible I suggest visits within the ortho clinic; as the office staff leave little to be desired. Best wishes,and speedy recovery to all!

Submitted Sept. 30, 2009 | flag