Dr. Harold L. Rekate

Rate Dr. Harold L. Rekate

Dr. Harold L. Rekate's Ratings

He operated on my three year old son for Chiari malformation. We traveled from Maryland to see him because of his great reputation and we weren't disappointed. He understands Chiari and Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. He is skilled , compassionate and knowledge with these conditions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2543470].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2014

Dr. Rekate operated on my 17 year old daughter. She had Chiari decompression surgery. She has been free of all previous symptoms since the surgery. It is amazing to see her pain free! Dr. Rekate was fabulous from the first appointment on. He is compassionate, understanding and takes the time to explain the details. I also appreciated that he did not rush to surgery. My daughter had a lot of symptoms and he took the time to explore all her symptoms, having her see other specialist to be sure surgery was the best option for her. I highly recommend Dr. Rekate without reservation. We also had a good experience at the Cohen Children's Medical Center and at the Ronald McDonald House. Having a child with a serious medical condition is scary; I am so glad we had Dr. Rekate through it all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2448605].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

Dr Rekate should no longer be practicing. He has gotten too old. Find someone else.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1368144].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 5, 2013

Dr. Rekate performed surgery on my son at 11 months. My son has had a shunt since 2007, no malfunctions nor other surgeries. We were blessed to have fallen in his hands. However, one negative comment would be that my sons medical records, and information were inaccurate. Cause of surgery, date of surgery, and my sons age was incorrect within the medical record created by the RN.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1368143].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 11, 2012

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1368146].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 19, 2012

He is very arrogant, has no bedside manners whatsoever. He removed my shunt after 25 years to do 3rd ventiricular bipass. Removed the shunt and did not do the bipass. Sent me home w/o it and I didn't wake up the next morning. I suffered brain damage and severe memory loss. I was an accountant and am now disabled. Beware... Protect you babies...Do not take them to this doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1368145].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 8, 2012

I was diagnosed with Pseudotumor Cerebri back in 2007 I had a VP shunt placed and it messed up and I had to have a doctor fix it. I went to Dr. Rekate because of his reputation. Well Dr. Rekate does not live up to his reputation. He is very arrogant, has no bedside manners whatsoever. The shunt he had placed messed up while I was in the hospital but he would not listen to me. I finally got his resident to listen to me and he ran tests and found out that it was messed up and Rekate would not fix his screw up. I had to have a plain general surgeon fix it. I would never recommend Dr. Rekate to anybody unless they want to deal with rude office staff and a doctor that will no listen or answer questions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1368142].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2010

Incredible dr. He preformed brain surgery on myself 7 years ago and saved my life. Highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1368141].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2010

So, today is 3 years from the day Dr. Rekate performed surgery on our daugther (she was 2). He changed her life. the story is almost too long to type - but i highly recommend him. his warmth and caring and sincere concern for our daugther and our family...he is our angel on this earth!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1368140].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 6, 2010

My 2year old was diagnosed in Tucson with an arachanoid cyst to the left temporal lobe in 1998 at UMC. After 3 surgeries and a shunt placement I knew I had to look elsewhere. I was told by Beverly Tillman to check out Dr. Rekate in Phoenix. After another 2 surgeries,now making it a total of 5 surgeries and still with the arachanoid cyst and fluid to the brain, Dr. Rekate saw us for the next year and a half with the shunt still in place. Finally, after almost 2 years of going back and forth Elisa had her shunt removed by Dr. Rekate. I am happy to say she is now 14 years old and her cyst is gone and she is shunt free.Thank you Dr. Rekate

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1368139].votes_count ]]