Dr. Michael Dunbar

Rate Dr. Michael Dunbar

Dr. Michael Dunbar's Ratings

i have been seeing dr.dunbar for 7 years now.i will have to say, dr.dunbar has to be one of the most professional and compassionate man i ever met. dr.dunbar is so dedicated in his work that he would make any patient feel comfortable to see and talk to him. also i would also like to mention karrie,she is very percise and always able to answer any concerns you may have.finally i have to say i'm a very happy patient to have these two awesome people on my side combating my medical needs.thank you both,you are very kind!!!

Submitted Aug. 27, 2013 | flag

I have been fortunate enough to have Dr Dunbar as my ortho surgeon since the fall of 2008, we have been through many trials during these almost 5 years but I would not consider having any other surgeon. To this day Dr Dunbar and his team have managed to help me to keep my leg(although it is now fused at the knee joint) the work done my this wonderful dedicated doctor has kept me alive during several health crisis. His secretary Carrie is always kind and helpful and willing to do whatever she can to help make things easier. Thank you Dr Dunbar and Carrie, you have certainly made my life easier.

Submitted July 6, 2013 | flag

Incredible surgeon. I had both knees replaced. He is very compassionate and easy to talk to. I felt like he listened to me. Visited me in hospital every day like clockwork. I can walk again, he has changed my life! I would highly recommend him.

Submitted May 23, 2013 | flag

DR Dunbar went out of his way to be nice to me, had my hip replaced last June and it is working perfect. Just hope he'll do my other one soon. Can't say enough good about the man

Submitted May 8, 2013 | flag

I had both of my hips done (right - Feb 2012)(left - jan 2013) both were a great success. Even though every time I went for an appt he was never on time but honestly can you really blame him? Every case are different and he has to take time to assess the patient. I saw him 7 times so far and 2 more to go and it never bothered me. At the end of the day what an extra hour of waiting to get the best surgeon there is for hips and knees replacement, to me it's nothing. He always took the time to explain and made sure that I understood everything. After my first surgery he made sure to see me one more time (a Sunday at supper time) before he was leaving the next day to go to Japan for a conference, that's what I call dedication and professionalism. I was in so much pain for almost 5 years, kept waking up every 2 hours at night in tremendous pain, and could not walked anymore without limping. Now I am pain free. Final note: Carrie his secretary extremely reliable and compassionate.

Submitted April 24, 2013 | flag

He is an amazing doctor. Great bedside manner. His expertise is second to none!

Submitted March 24, 2012 | flag

Dr. Dunbar went out of his way to ensure that I was comfortable and that I understood the procedure I was about to have. After my knee surgery, he would come to see me at least twice a day, even after his residents had already been in to check on my progress. He even came in to see me on the weekend after a hurricane. His residents also treated me the same way and his nurse was always very helpful. I am going to need another surgry and he is the one that I will have do it for me. I would not think of going to any other doctor ... even those that are closer to me. I drive from Northern New Brunswick to see him.

Submitted March 4, 2011 | flag

Dr. Dunbar is a great surgeon. Had a knee replacement on 2002 which was amazing and still is. And now I am on the list for a 2nd replacement and hope the outcome is just as good. He is very helpful, kind and considerate. I have recommended him to several people.

Submitted Oct. 28, 2010 | flag

This man must surely be the god of ortho. Kind, compassionate, takes time to explain, and more importantly, to listen. Views me as a whole person, not just joints to replace. Extremely supportive of the psychological aspects of these surgeries, and is technically excellent. If you are on his wait list - stay there. No one else is comparable.

Submitted April 27, 2010 | flag

We are savvy to ortho docs having kids with many breaks. Dunbar is knowledgeable, vested in the recovery, straightforward and available. Only issue was the unfamiliar face in casting - our son was having his first cast removed and the doc was still vacillating on surgery. The casting clinician twisted his leg roughly for her convenience – my son in visible agony. Something never witnessed in casting before. Dunbar then entered and examined the leg with very cautious handling –confirming the obvious about the cast removal. As the xray was already taken, we wondered if the manhandling affected the recovery – we will see next xray. She continued to manhandle his leg - cleaning it and assisting in recasting. Having witnessed numerous casting for lesser injuries and the regular staff’s’ facial expression and taking over the task - she was rough. The regular cast crew is fantastic. Let’s hope the next xray shows she has not set him back. I will speak up if that has happened.

Submitted Jan. 9, 2010 | flag