Dr. Michael Dunbar

5 1 4.6

You may also like

Rate Dr. Michael Dunbar

Dr. Michael Dunbar's Ratings

Great doctor, knowledgeable, friendly and competent

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2754566].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 22, 2015

WHAT? Are there other orthopaedic surgeons in Nova Scotia?? Yup there sure are but why would you not want the best there is and his reputation far exceeds the tiny province of Nova Scotia. Just two weeks pre-op from a total hip replacement and he had me mesmerized from the second I met him in his office on that initial visit. A total visionary and his dedication to perfecting his skills is bar none and when I sit in front of that man and he tells me that how good he is at what he does and why and how his skills are among the leading edge of technology and looks at me and says, "I know I'm full of myself and not very humble". Well let me tell you, if you have the credentials, knowledge, experience, expertise, forward thinking and track record to back it up, then I will toot your horn also and you deserve to brag. That was the defining moment for me when he said that to me. I have volunteered as a patient to be in a couple of studies he is involved in and am proud to do so. If I can be one tiny piece of information that can jettison him on to making more huge strides in the orthopaedic discipline then so be it. Thank you Dr. Dunbar for giving me the opportunity to now start to actually plan a life which had been not just put on hold but totally accepted as the end of any "good" years that were mine to have. Now I am living and planning and happier than I have been in years. I can now be equal with others and not be the burden. God love you and your practice. I will continue to follow you and your wonderful works.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2686388].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2015

i have been seeing dr.dunbar for 7 years now.i will have to say, dr.dunbar has to be one of the most professional and compassionate man i ever met. dr.dunbar is so dedicated in his work that he would make any patient feel comfortable to see and talk to him. also i would also like to mention karrie,she is very percise and always able to answer any concerns you may have.finally i have to say i'm a very happy patient to have these two awesome people on my side combating my medical needs.thank you both,you are very kind!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1369549].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 27, 2013

I have been fortunate enough to have Dr Dunbar as my ortho surgeon since the fall of 2008, we have been through many trials during these almost 5 years but I would not consider having any other surgeon. To this day Dr Dunbar and his team have managed to help me to keep my leg(although it is now fused at the knee joint) the work done my this wonderful dedicated doctor has kept me alive during several health crisis. His secretary Carrie is always kind and helpful and willing to do whatever she can to help make things easier. Thank you Dr Dunbar and Carrie, you have certainly made my life easier.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1369548].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 6, 2013

Incredible surgeon. I had both knees replaced. He is very compassionate and easy to talk to. I felt like he listened to me. Visited me in hospital every day like clockwork. I can walk again, he has changed my life! I would highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1369547].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013

DR Dunbar went out of his way to be nice to me, had my hip replaced last June and it is working perfect. Just hope he'll do my other one soon. Can't say enough good about the man

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1369546].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 8, 2013

I had both of my hips done (right - Feb 2012)(left - jan 2013) both were a great success. Even though every time I went for an appt he was never on time but honestly can you really blame him? Every case are different and he has to take time to assess the patient. I saw him 7 times so far and 2 more to go and it never bothered me. At the end of the day what an extra hour of waiting to get the best surgeon there is for hips and knees replacement, to me it's nothing. He always took the time to explain and made sure that I understood everything. After my first surgery he made sure to see me one more time (a Sunday at supper time) before he was leaving the next day to go to Japan for a conference, that's what I call dedication and professionalism. I was in so much pain for almost 5 years, kept waking up every 2 hours at night in tremendous pain, and could not walked anymore without limping. Now I am pain free. Final note: Carrie his secretary extremely reliable and compassionate.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1369545].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2013

He is an amazing doctor. Great bedside manner. His expertise is second to none!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1369544].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2012

Dr. Dunbar went out of his way to ensure that I was comfortable and that I understood the procedure I was about to have. After my knee surgery, he would come to see me at least twice a day, even after his residents had already been in to check on my progress. He even came in to see me on the weekend after a hurricane. His residents also treated me the same way and his nurse was always very helpful. I am going to need another surgry and he is the one that I will have do it for me. I would not think of going to any other doctor ... even those that are closer to me. I drive from Northern New Brunswick to see him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1369543].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 4, 2011

Dr. Dunbar is a great surgeon. Had a knee replacement on 2002 which was amazing and still is. And now I am on the list for a 2nd replacement and hope the outcome is just as good. He is very helpful, kind and considerate. I have recommended him to several people.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1369542].votes_count ]]