Dr. Mary Lynch

Rate Dr. Mary Lynch

Dr. Mary Lynch's Ratings

extremely good physician; a good listener, knowledgeable, compassionate, helpful, accessible. I can't say enough good things about her care.

Submitted May 6, 2010 | flag

Dr. Lynch was not only competent, knowledgable, and understanding, she was compassionate towards both my experience of pain, and how this was impacting my life ..family, social life, and intellectual life. She not only dealt what with what one typically would expect from a physician diagnosing and treating pain conditions, but went even further, inquiring about how pain has impacted my personal life and life goals, such as pursuing my PhD. Dr. Lynch was the first physician that did not insinuate that I was inflating my pain ratings or acting in a victim role and allowing my sensation of pain to excuse me out of my life responsibilities. In doing so she respected my personhood, and my unique experience of pain. I was allowed to openly discuss my frustrations without having to justify my 'feelings' or 'pain', without being made to feel that I was responsible for both my pain and the fact that I was not recovering from it. This helpful attitude, in itself, helped my coping with pain.

Submitted April 19, 2010 | flag

Mary Lynch changed my life. She is a sensible and thorough doctor who listened and understood my chronic pain. Her pain management plan gave me my life back and allowed me to return to work after many years of suffering at home. She is a shining example to her field. Although I no longer need regular appointments with her, she has assured me that should I require her help, she will be there for me. Thank you, Dr. Lynch!! You are an angel on earth!

Submitted Oct. 7, 2009 | flag

Dr. Mary Lynch is a wonderful specialist/doctor who sincerely cares about her patients. She's an asset to her profession - not an overstatement. Thank you Dr. Lynch for being such a great doctor!

Submitted May 27, 2009 | flag

Dr. Lynch is the most compassionate and most understanding doctor that I have met. After years of suffering horrible levels of pain, that often fell on deaf ears, she listened, she acted and she charted out a course of pain management that has made life with pain bearable again. She advised there is no cure, but life with pain can be managed. She also gives the pros and cons with each treatment modality; and with pain, it is a multidiscplinary approach to treatment for patients like myself, that will include, life style changes, physiotherapy, massage theapy, exercise and pharmcotherapy. She is truly a healer and wish many doctors would have the same bedside manner as she does. She is truly a doctor who cares. That is why the waiting list is over two years to get to see her. Thank you Dr. Lynch, you have given me hope and part of my life back, while living with severe chronic pain.

Submitted Aug. 18, 2008 | flag

Mary is truly a blessing to her field,I guess that's why ther is a 28 month wait for her excellence.I came to Mary after all had given up hope on me.This women had hope,faith and love of a true angel.Her knowledge on the different subjects I presented to her was prodigious- but simplified the complexities for me.Mary was always careful to explain the addiction model but she also said there is a difference between the chronic patient and the addict.The addict takes the drugs for the high, while the chronic pain person takes it to manage pain.Mary once said that we must use the disease model of addiction with great caution and we must always remember that the power to cure always resides within the patient and not in a particular doctor,treatment facility or medication.Thank you Mary for your kindness,compassion and grace.-Jeff Burden

Submitted March 15, 2007 | flag

I was fortunate enouth to be able to consult with Dr. Lynch regarding some chronic pain. I found her to be extremely helpful. She had many practical as well as medical ideas for pain control. Even when the pain could not be controlled, I felt better because i knew she undersdtood.

Submitted March 2, 2007 | flag