Rate Dr. Hugo E. Rodier

Dr. Hugo E. Rodier's Ratings

I want a physician who will advise and encourage me to maintain good health through lifestyle and nutrition. Dr. Rodier does that. I feel good that at 69 years of age I do not depend on pharmaceuticals. I do agree that Dr. Rodier could provide more time on consultations. All in all, however, I am a satisfied patient.

Submitted Oct. 27, 2013 | flag

I prefer more "natural" healing approaches which is why I was drawn to Pioneer Clinic to begin with. Unfortunately, I was not impressed with my experience. He seems very intelligent, but he didn't seem to listen to me. I felt like he already had planned what he was going to recommend before even finding out what was wrong with me.

Submitted May 23, 2013 | flag

I felt the office was well organized and the staff very helpful. Dr.Rodier was on time and gave me great health advice. I had been tired and worn out for months and was tired of taking drugs. I followed the diet and after a few weeks felt a lot better. Now I am able to exercise and have energy to last the day. There is a store in the clinic and he told me he does not benefit from it. I only took the supplements for 2 months and now don't need them or the expensive drugs I was on. A tremendous thanks to him and the clinic!

Submitted Sept. 29, 2012 | flag

I like Dr. Rodier. Sometimes, I feel a little frustrated that he doesn't listen to me. He often gives me the impression that he is shooting from the hips, he doesn't seem to dive in deep and ask a lot of questions about what I am experiencing, and sometimes I have to challenge him and speak up to get a conversation going. It seems like he doesn't like this. Now, that said, I still consider him my primary doctor, because HE IS VERY SMART, and he always considers the health of the whole system. He is open-minded and willing to try some treatments with you that may work great for you, or may not. He emphasizes diet, diet, diet, and I have him to thank for changing my eating habits from abysmal to premium. I love my body, I want to do adventurous things with it, not just get by. I'm glad to have him on my team.

Submitted March 27, 2012 | flag

Finally a doctor who isn't in it for the money! I have a difficult time finding doctors who I can trust and who share the same beliefs as me when it comes to health. Most doctors run unnecessary tests and prescribe medications because that's all they know. I was so happy to find Dr. Rodier four years ago. He is unlike any other doctor I have met. He understands that your diet and lifestyle are more important in preventing your health problems than popping a pill to cover up the problem. I had chronic sinusitis for years, but with the help of Dr. Rodier and his diet recommendations etc.. I have not had a sinus infection in two years! If you want the quick fix and are not willing to work for your health, Rodier might not be the doctor for you. But if you really care about your health and are ready to make some lifestyle adjustments, I highly recommend seeing Dr. Rodier.

Submitted Dec. 1, 2011 | flag

Dr. Rodier was a disappointment for me. I brought in information on my medical history, my diet, and the supplements I take. He seemed to just gloss over what I brought him and kept trying to get me to do a treatment I told him I have had bad past experience with. He then prescribed supplements that I had listed as already taking. He just didn't listed to me and he didn't really help me resolve my concerns. He was more concerned with shutting down the conversation when my allotted time had been reached.

Submitted May 26, 2011 | flag

Rodier has an interesting "free" seminar on nutrition. A staff member then tries to "upsell" personal nutrition coaching for $hundreds. In order to find out if my wife was "pre-diabetic" he ordered $1000 of blood tests, and we had absolutely no idea it would cost anywhere near this amount..maybe closer to $100-200 but not $1000. Beware. Get prices upfront.

Submitted Jan. 29, 2011 | flag

I have a very, very hard time losing weight - I lost 30 lbs on Dr. Rodier's diet. My husband dropped his blood sugar from 300+ to 120 in a couple of months. We believe...

Submitted Jan. 13, 2011 | flag

Someone previously said that he is a "voodoo doctor" and that cutting sugar will solve all your problems. I went to two doctors previously who whipped out prescriptions for my (newly developed) asthma. Then I saw Rodier, and he put me on his "voodoo diet". Guess what? I don't have asthma anymore. 2 years later, I got laxed on my diet, and started having shortness of breathing problems (not asthma though). Back on the voodoo diet. Guess what? Breathing great after two days! Any doctor that doesn't first consider diet as the number one suspect of most common health problems (asthma, arthritis, obesity, inflammation) will probably work on controlling the symptoms without fixing the underlying problem. Hugo Rodier is my doctor now and I see him for everything. His approach to medicine seems, to me, to be an approach based on common sense and true principles, not fear or excessive faith in popular medicine.

Submitted May 4, 2010 | flag

Nice staff and office. Doctor was on time. He answered my questions and concerns. I loved the class they have new patients take-very informative. I have improved dramatically in my health with eating right and changing my medications. Glad to have a doctor that helps me get better and not just write another perscription and get me out the door.

Submitted Dec. 19, 2009 | flag