You may also like

Rate Dr. Hugo E. Rodier

Dr. Hugo E. Rodier's Ratings

Dr. Rodier is a very smart Dr. but lacks the ability to explain and listen to his patients. I decided to give him a second chance after an confrontational first appointment. At the first appointment he shoved several articles in my face seemingly trying to prove his knowledge. I want a Dr. who will listen to me and not prepare what to say before he even meets me for the first time. I agree with Dr. Rodiers methods of holistic medicine but I do no like his personality or his approach. He is rude and does not listen to his patients. He only spent about 10 minutes with me on the second appointment to say the exact thing he had said before but spent little to no time listening to what I had to say. I do not plan on going back to see Dr. Rodier.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2799597].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

I went to several Doctors over the past two years. I always felt sick and was always tired. The other Doctors told me that I was depressed. Hugo did some blood work and found that I was not at all depressed that I am Diabetic. Wow if others Doctors took the time to see the real prob I would have saved thousands on medical expenses and meds I did not need. Yes he might be a lil more expensive and yes he does per-mote better eating and health. But lets look at the real underlying probs. Good nutrition and health start with awareness. He does a great job at finding the real prob and has a real solution. I lost 80 lbs and my A1C went from 7.8 to 6.1 in six months. I would not change any of it for the world. It's a huge relief to find a Doc that will spend time to talk and not just push you through and prescribe meds in hopes to make you go away. He finds the cause and then couches you on how to fix it. Best Doc I have been to in twenty years. Hugo you rock.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2736873].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2015

I want a physician who will advise and encourage me to maintain good health through lifestyle and nutrition. Dr. Rodier does that. I feel good that at 69 years of age I do not depend on pharmaceuticals. I do agree that Dr. Rodier could provide more time on consultations. All in all, however, I am a satisfied patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1370372].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2013

I prefer more "natural" healing approaches which is why I was drawn to Pioneer Clinic to begin with. Unfortunately, I was not impressed with my experience. He seems very intelligent, but he didn't seem to listen to me. I felt like he already had planned what he was going to recommend before even finding out what was wrong with me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1370371].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013

I felt the office was well organized and the staff very helpful. Dr.Rodier was on time and gave me great health advice. I had been tired and worn out for months and was tired of taking drugs. I followed the diet and after a few weeks felt a lot better. Now I am able to exercise and have energy to last the day. There is a store in the clinic and he told me he does not benefit from it. I only took the supplements for 2 months and now don't need them or the expensive drugs I was on. A tremendous thanks to him and the clinic!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1370370].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 29, 2012

I like Dr. Rodier. Sometimes, I feel a little frustrated that he doesn't listen to me. He often gives me the impression that he is shooting from the hips, he doesn't seem to dive in deep and ask a lot of questions about what I am experiencing, and sometimes I have to challenge him and speak up to get a conversation going. It seems like he doesn't like this. Now, that said, I still consider him my primary doctor, because HE IS VERY SMART, and he always considers the health of the whole system. He is open-minded and willing to try some treatments with you that may work great for you, or may not. He emphasizes diet, diet, diet, and I have him to thank for changing my eating habits from abysmal to premium. I love my body, I want to do adventurous things with it, not just get by. I'm glad to have him on my team.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1370369].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 27, 2012

Finally a doctor who isn't in it for the money! I have a difficult time finding doctors who I can trust and who share the same beliefs as me when it comes to health. Most doctors run unnecessary tests and prescribe medications because that's all they know. I was so happy to find Dr. Rodier four years ago. He is unlike any other doctor I have met. He understands that your diet and lifestyle are more important in preventing your health problems than popping a pill to cover up the problem. I had chronic sinusitis for years, but with the help of Dr. Rodier and his diet recommendations etc.. I have not had a sinus infection in two years! If you want the quick fix and are not willing to work for your health, Rodier might not be the doctor for you. But if you really care about your health and are ready to make some lifestyle adjustments, I highly recommend seeing Dr. Rodier.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1370368].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 1, 2011

Dr. Rodier was a disappointment for me. I brought in information on my medical history, my diet, and the supplements I take. He seemed to just gloss over what I brought him and kept trying to get me to do a treatment I told him I have had bad past experience with. He then prescribed supplements that I had listed as already taking. He just didn't listed to me and he didn't really help me resolve my concerns. He was more concerned with shutting down the conversation when my allotted time had been reached.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1370367].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 26, 2011

Rodier has an interesting "free" seminar on nutrition. A staff member then tries to "upsell" personal nutrition coaching for $hundreds. In order to find out if my wife was "pre-diabetic" he ordered $1000 of blood tests, and we had absolutely no idea it would cost anywhere near this amount..maybe closer to $100-200 but not $1000. Beware. Get prices upfront.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1370366].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2011

I have a very, very hard time losing weight - I lost 30 lbs on Dr. Rodier's diet. My husband dropped his blood sugar from 300+ to 120 in a couple of months. We believe...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1370365].votes_count ]]