Rate Dr. Rashmi Nigam

Dr. Rashmi Nigam's Ratings

Was very impressed with staff went in on april 14 for a 1:00 appt was in at 1:10 everyone very helpful and told what to expect when done and Dr Nigam was great straight to the point and very friendly and busy lady She is good at what she does every question that I asked was answered would highly recommend her to anyone.

Submitted April 17, 2014 | flag

I was referred to Dr. Nigam by my Optometrist, she recognized the problems I was having with my eyes and the urgency required. She was very direct and never wasted my time. Her surgical skills were excellent and my vision is the best it's ever been without any complications so far based on the IOL she recommended. She was very helpful in providing information for the insurance companies in a timely manner.

Submitted Feb. 18, 2014 | flag

She is competent. However, I found her very cold. I just got the the impression she had very little compassion or sympathy for her patients.

Submitted Nov. 21, 2013 | flag

I have been going to her for abour 15 years now for my Glaucoma, she lazered my eyes and I have been doing very well. Excellent Doctor. If your looking for a best friend go for coffee, if you are looking for a great Doctor go to Dr Nigam.

Submitted Sept. 10, 2013 | flag

I had cataract surgery early this year. I was told that because I had lasik surgery in the past that I might not have an optimum outcome, however, the results were excellent. The office staff are all excellent, and I have recommended Dr. Nigam to others.

Submitted April 17, 2013 | flag

Dr. Nigam may be a bit abrupt but she is very good and very knowledgeable. I have been seeing her for quite a few years regarding my glaucoma. This year I had cataract surgeries done by her on both my eyes and am very happy with the outcome and with the care I received. Any time I have a list of questions she answers all of them to my satisfaction. The quality of medical service is what is important, not the bedside manner. I have no complaints.

Submitted July 12, 2012 | flag

This doctor treated my father in laws cataracts & did a wonderful job. The appointment prior to surgery was as expected in this day & age. People need to realize seeing a doctor for free is a privilege in this country. The assembly style procedure one person referred to was fine. We went from room to room. Each room had a different technician with a different very expensive eye testing machine. The test was quick & very professional. Doctors are overworked in Canada. Especially specialists. Drs do not have time to hold your hand & discuss your child's soccer game anymore. Specialists are not your GP where one discusses everything. You are there to have your eye examined and that's it. Get used to the new method of medicine. As for negative comments re her bedside manner, it may be related to her culture.She does excellent work. Surgeons rarely have good bedside manner. As for discussing little with patients, go in with a list of questions as we did & she will answer each& every one

Submitted July 11, 2012 | flag

It was my first experience with a medical Doctor where I was treated as a thing,object and a non being. This Doctor may be good professionally at what she does but her bedside manner is lacking in humanity towards her patient. I would not return. Office staff is good, not bad for wait times and quite knowledgable but she was abrupt and made you feel like you had no right to ask questions and would give one word answers. Very very unimpressed with her cold uncaring unfeeling mechanical attitude towards those patients who are allowing her to earn a living!

Submitted May 24, 2012 | flag

shortest eye exam I have ever had. Cold and arrogant I did not trust her at all. I have many eye problems and have never had a complaint about any of my care. This is a first.

Submitted March 3, 2012 | flag

Efficient but lacks compassion, empathy- on time for appts but did not provide adequate treatment for emergency consult

Submitted July 2, 2011 | flag