Rate Dr. James A. Stone

Dr. James A. Stone's Ratings

This is an incredable Dr. and I consider myself very fortune to be one of his patients. He inspires confidence as he shares information in a clear, knowledgeable, respectful and caring way.He answers questions, is polite, caring and professional in every aspect of his practice. I feel very well taken care of, as he changed my medication after further investigation of my condition. This resulted in better quality of life. His staff is very professional as well. Thank you:)

Submitted March 6, 2014 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr Stone since 1990, and have always found him to be as others reported. He is direct and honest, with a sense of humour, and as I know from experience a tremendous help in a crisis both to the patient and the family.

Submitted Sept. 3, 2013 | flag

Caring, knowledgable,kind respectful in other words a great Cardiologist!

Submitted May 6, 2013 | flag

A knowledgeable, friendly competent specialist not hindered by the large ego usually associated with such high level medical specialists. Willing to spend time to explain options and outcomes and to listen to the patient to learn subjective observations and to discuss these objectively. A great physician in the classic sense of physician.

Submitted March 5, 2013 | flag

After living in the USA for 15 years I was used to having a thorough discussion of my condition as well as the detailed test results. Arriving in Calgary I encountered a very dismissive attitude from the first 2 cardiologists that examined me. I was very unhappy with this type of treatment.My family doctor finally found for me Dr Stone. What a difference!. He really listens! Despite early test indicators he sent me for an angiogram which resulted in major changes in medication without which my life would be much shorter.

Submitted Oct. 27, 2011 | flag

I am a relative of a senior who adores Dr. Stone. When people age they look forward to appointments and the adult interaction/ medication changes and even wisdom or any insight!!. Dr. James Stone provides this. THANK YOU.

Submitted March 5, 2009 | flag

Straightforward but in a pleasant, non-alarming manner; gives both technical info but also 'translates' it into practical life-style terms; I believe he will do or recommend what needs to be done and won't recommend compromise solutions--good communicator; efficient; encourages confidence; very, very good.

Submitted July 20, 2007 | flag

Fabulous doctor! Regardless it is incredibly difficult to get a 'quick' appointment, when you do secure one, he is worth the wait. Good listener, asks pertinent questions, assesses quickly your condition with info at hand and overall is just a great doctor! He has saved my husband on more than one occasion and has put my mind at ease when I was filled with emotional angst. His receptionist, Ann(e) appears to be a bit overworked with the absence of the very competent 'Terry' who disappeared....however, Ann(e) is doing her best and never makes you feel rushed. Dr. Stone is in great demand and if you ever get him in emergency...you're verrrry lucky.

Submitted April 4, 2007 | flag

A new age Cardiologist, rather than a dinosaur from the past. He tells it like it is, straight forward and to the point. He is the only Cardiologist working with the Cronic Pain Clinic to help patients with chronic pain get the treatment they require to live a normal life. If you are lucky enough to have him as your Cardiologist, listen carefully to what he tells you. He does not pull punches, or soften the blow, but he could save your life. He will work with you to help with your cardiac condition, not just drug you up and ship you off.

Submitted March 2, 2007 | flag