You may also like

Rate Dr. Richard Boorman

Dr. Richard Boorman's Ratings

Superb surgeon. I did some real thorough internet-based research for the best shoulder surgeon in Canada but it's hard to trust the internet. My right shoulder had been operated on 4 times before seeing Dr. Boorman. Twice in the GTA area in the mid nineties, then in Helsinki in '02, and the fourth one was in the Lesser Antilles in '08. The original diagnosis was a simple separated shoulder. After two Weaver-Dunn procedures, a sternoclavicular operation, and a glenohumeral SLAP tear scope, nothing was working. I couldn't do cartwheels or handstands, which are my favorites. A colleague recommended I get on the waiting list to see Dr. Boorman. The wait was worth it. Dr. Boorman said the diagnosis was so cinchy. All I needed was a hemiarthroplasty. My shoulder feels like someone injected WD40 right into it. Amazing results thanks to Dr. Boorman.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2783709].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

Extremely good doctor. I have been a patient for 7 years, 2 shoulder replacements and a revision surgery. Easy going doctor, come prepared he is an in demand doctor so don't waste time. His assistant Peg is a dream compared to his previous assistant. Very good doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2777266].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

Dr. Boorman did my shoulder replacement back in 2008 when I was 65 & I can't be more pleased with how successful it was. .... I'm able to do everything now that I could before the surgery... had extreme pain before they were able to do the surgery ..... so thankful for Dr. Boorman & his staff.... :-)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2730667].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2015

I've had three shoulder surgeries from Dr. Boorman, and am coming up on my fourth. He's extremely nice, and so knowledgeable about my specific and unique issues. I've had times where I've had pain without knowing what it is, and he put enough trust in my opinion that something wasn't right to investigate it further. He has care and concern for his patients, and is willing to take extra time to ensure that patient feels like they've been listened to and cared for to the full extent. If he doesn't know something offhand, he immediately makes sure to research and find out. My health issues are relatively unique, and he was happy with learning how to deal with it together. Amazing doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2571640].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2014

Was refered to see Dr. Boormandue to constant shoulder disloctions. he was able to make me an appointment to have surgery fairly quickly, however this appointment was changed 3 times before I was able to get the surgery done. Since then I have had nothing but problems and he will not return my calls or my family doctors calls. Prior to having surgery I had no pain except for when I had a dislocation, and after surgery I am now living with a bottle of pain medication close at hand. He seemed to be very knowledgable but it seems like he has better things to d ten follow up with his patients. Very unprofessionable in my opinion and now that I ave to have another surgery to correct this I am finding it hard to be able to trust a doctor again. In adition to these poblems he NEVER did all that he was supposed to and I only found this out after an MRI 3 months after surgery when my family doctor told me. When I asked about this I was told that theres nothing else he can do for me andhave a nice day

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1371460].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 6, 2013

Saw for wcb - helpful, prompt , knows his stuff. Actually seemed interested in what was happening! I am an experienced RN - This is a Doctor that cares.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1371459].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 11, 2012

I had my left shoulder replaced back on Nov 6th 2011, best thing that ever happened to it after fighting with it for 15 years. Very pleased with operations and the results, Dr. Boorman and everyone else involved were great.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1371458].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2012

I had surgery on my foot by Dr. Boorman, and he did a wonderful job. I would definitely recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1371457].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2012

Was "forced" to see this doctor for my elbow surgery as it was a WCB claim. Surgery was preformed and not alot has been fixed. Many follow-up visits with him where I wait in waiting room to see him for hours just to get NO MORE than a couple minutes of his time. No actual "measured" assessment ever preformed by him yet "magically" WCB had actual numbers to measure my recovery with. Countless complaints of ongoing serious problems with elbow when basically unheeded by Boorman. This doctor also will NOT return any calls or stand by you throughout a WCB claim. Worst medical experience of my life. No communication between doctor and staff as well. I could go on for ever....hope this helps someone else steer clear!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1371456].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 1, 2011

If you have a chance to pick your doctor I suggest Dr. Boorman. He and his staff are very friendly knowledgeable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1371455].votes_count ]]