Dr. Walter Maksymowych

You may also like

Rate Dr. Walter Maksymowych

Dr. Walter Maksymowych's Ratings

I have gone through 5 years of pain. I waited for an appointment with Dr. M that took a long time to get into. I had been previously diagnosed with Ankolosing Spondylitis and put on a medication that really improved the pain and my mobility. He disregarded all my previous attempts to lesson the pain and test results(2 months old) and prescribed 6-9 months of physio therapy . How do you do that to a person in so much pain. He did a clinical test with my legs but did not address me face to face. He was more interested in instructing his intern on proper terminology. Thumbs down to this dude. Going to Mexico!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2768530].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

I have had nothing but outstanding care and treatment since becoming a patient of Dr.Maksymowych more than 10 years ago

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2731668].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 23, 2015

One of the most independant and progressive rheumatologists that I can think of

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1372004].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 5, 2010

Dr. Maksymowych is in my opinion a knowledgable professional doctor. no worries here.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1372003].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 29, 2009

Dr. Maksymowiych is the best in his field. Very knowlegable, very carrying. Always willing to take the appropriate required time. Dr. Maksymowiych gave me my life back in resolving a along standing arthritic issue. There is not a doctor in Alberta that I would trust more.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1372002].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 14, 2009

I went in very knowledgable about my own condition. Dr. Maksymowych is a world renowned researcher and his main drawback was he tried to 'fit' me into one of the studies...which I did not fit any of the inclusion criteria. I left feeling completely frustrated.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1372001].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2008

I found this doctor very caring and compassionate, when I called him about my mother not improving he got her in right away and is starting her on a additional treatment, also is monitoring her progress, he is very knowledgeable and explains everything he is doing so a person can understand

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1372000].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 5, 2008

He is very knowledgable, but is sometimes too abrupt.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1371999].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 6, 2007

I was very pleased to get a name for and an opportunity to begin to understand my ailment. I bring questions to every appointment and he answers them in a manner I can understand. He explains the what and why of the treatments he proposes, including any risks.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1371998].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 18, 2007

He has a pleasant manner but after seeing him many times, I can't think of anything that he has done to help me. I sense that he is simply monitoring my gradual decline.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1371997].votes_count ]]