Rate Dr. Liam Martin

Dr. Liam Martin's Ratings

I found Dr. Martin to be knowledgable and honest. You ask a question you get his answer non of that doctor talk that honestly who really understands. He does not sugar coat what is medically wrong and helps you deal with the reality of your disease. I saw him for Wegners and he was great at explaining the treatment and which area specialist to monitor the treatment. WHat I personally enjoyed the best about Dr. Martin is that he will laugh with you and listen when your upset...never judges your reaction to information presented. I am lucky to have him on my treatment team!

Submitted Sept. 24, 2012 | flag

Dr. Martin is one of the sharpest tools in the tack of Rheumy's. And funny! My God, does he have the wit of the Irish ...frankly, there is only one other man I have ever said this about (my father), but Dr. Martin brilliant, absolutely brilliant. Would I describe him as warm and fuzzy? NO. Do I care and look for that in a Dr.? NO. But all the rest of his characteristics make up for tht in spades!

Submitted Aug. 20, 2012 | flag

Submitted May 28, 2012 | flag

Waited almost a year to see him for joint pain, inflammation, fevers, positive ANA etc. I wrote up a list of my symptoms and he didn't even seem to read it. He was very dismissive of me; told me that some unsightly pouches I have were "just fat"-- when every other dr. thought they were inflammation. He had absolutely no sense of humour and was really quite rude to me. He looked me in the eye and said "I don't think you have lupus or RA". YEA!! I was thrilled. Then 2 weeks later, I go to my family doc -- the letter he wrote her says he can't tell one way or the other if I have lupus or RA because of the steroids I am taking for other problems -- that they are "influencing" things. His letter about me was full of factual inaccuracies -- things that were clearly set out in the notes to him were all wrong. Two years later, I still suffer from the same symptoms and still have a positive ANA -- feel in limbo. But if I ever have to go to another rheumatologist it won't be him.

Submitted May 8, 2012 | flag

He is the 2nd Rheumatologist I've seen and is far superior to the first. I agree with all the positive things that have been said about him. He has helped me tremendously, and I have nothing but respect for him and his team.

Submitted Sept. 7, 2010 | flag

Dr. Martin is a very caring, warm person. He has great knowledge and very experienced, but he is still very friendly and approachable. I feel that I am well respected and cared both as a patient, and as a person. The only thing I do not like is long waiting time!

Submitted Dec. 14, 2009 | flag

Best doctor I've ever seen. Always goes above and beyond. Him and all of his staff are amazing! When I was in my worst he and three of his staff members stayed an hour and a half late just to fit me in. Has also managed to find loop holes for me when it came to expensive meds. Always does far more than he needs to, and does it with a smile! Not only did he manage to get my life 99% back to normal, he also managed to make me laugh when I didn't find very much funny. The team he has working for him are wonderful too! It's the only appointment I actually look forward to going to! Can't say enough positive things about Dr.Martin & his staff!

Submitted May 25, 2009 | flag

Nice guy. From discussing treatment with other people who have inflammatory arthritis, Dr. Martin appears to be more innovative than some other doctors. Everyone at the clinic is supportive, knowledgeable and friendly.

Submitted March 7, 2009 | flag

Dr Martin was always very thorough and reassuring. Very attentive.

Submitted Sept. 7, 2008 | flag

The first Rheumy to take my auto-immune disease seriously and monitor all my potential symptoms. He is up to date with the latest news and suggestions. He also seems to be a good teacher - his med students and residents seem to respect him and enjoy his company.

Submitted May 15, 2007 | flag