Rate Dr. Patrick T. Ma

Dr. Patrick T. Ma's Ratings

Dr. Ma is a specialist. His Patients benefit from his vast knowledge related to Cardiology. When I have an appointment with Dr. Ma, I write down questions or concerns I have prior to meeting with him. I also bring a list of my current medications with me. During my appointment with Dr. Ma, I ensure all my concerns are addressed as per my list. I don't depend on my memory to recall all the things I want to ask him. I know it's easy to get sidetracked and forget the questions or concerns I have prior the appointment.

When prepared, I find my appointments Dr. Ma to be informative and comfortable. I find Dr. Ma very knowledgeable and extremely thorough with diagnosis & treatment in my situation. His staff is very conscientious and go out of their way to ensure I have the right information for a followup or additional test requirements for my situation.

In my case, my lifestyle is enriched and I'm benefiting from the treatment prescribed by Dr. Ma.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2632948].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 25, 2014

Besides a wait time at the beginning, I find them very good. I am sure they can try and keep the appointment timing close to appointment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2631686].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 24, 2014

Dr. Ma is very nice and friendly. he takes a good care of my mom.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2630737].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 24, 2014

He is a kind and caring doctor. Glad to have him looked after.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2629117].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 22, 2014

Dr. Ma has been my cardiologist for approximately 20 years. He is very thorough and has done wonders for me. He is very honest and tells it like it is so that you can work with him . He has a great dry sense of humor and a joy to visit.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2620669].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2014

One star was too high to rate my experience with this office. The staff and how this practice is managed was such an obstacle that I left before I ever met Dr Ma. Inspite of the fact there was at least 4 support staff I was not greeted by anyone except the sign that said I should expect to take 2 hours for this appointment. All that all that was being done was blood pressure, an ECG and an initial consultation. The patients are made to suffer by the lack of process management that has been down. When I became upset the staff blamed me and my family doctor. They had done nothing to accommodate my needs, feelings or in any way treat me with consideration or respect. It was supposed to be ok that I had no idea how long this would take or how things would happen. Their poor handling of the entire appointment escalated the difficulties and I left before ever seeing the doctor. Dr Ma may be an excellent cardiologist but health care is also a business that requires efficient procedures and attention to customer service. This was the worst failure of both that I have ever experienced.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2593688].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2014

I couldn't be more pleased about what Dr. Ma has done for me. For several years he tracked my heart murmur, and had me thoroughly tested. Then he referred me to the top valve surgeon when my condition warranted it. I have now had my surgery and I feel great. Dr. Ma always clearly explained things and I never felt rushed. He can be rather blunt, but I feel a no-nonsense doctor who is knowledgeable, skilled, precise, and thorough is very much preferable to one who is wishy-washy or vague. In future I'll be seeing Dr. Ma yearly so he can check how I am doing. In short, I consider myself fortunate to be his patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2448657].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 29, 2014

My first very recent visit did not impress me. My appointment was for 9:15 AM. I finally got to see the doctor after 11AM? Why did I fill out forms again? He totally overlooked everything on them, assumed without reading before asking if there were existing medical problems, was uninformed about what one of my conditions is and asked ME what caused it? Seemed "surprised" that I actually have a very good family physician who covers all aspects of my health, including emphysema for which, oh wow, you don't have a LUNG SPECIALIST? When an issue about heart QT came up, he blatantly told me that the very very brief test he was looking at did NOT show any QT issues (very brief strip done in office within last 1/2 hour). Of course, that's in the last 1/2 hour, right? Duh? Yet on 2 separate admissions at the Foothills for unrelated emergencies, the QT issue was bad enough that at first the hospital on 2 occasions thought I'd had a heart attack? Sure hope I don't need HIS HELP.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1372062].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 5, 2013

I don't know Dr Ma's knowledge level as a Cardiologist but he's not being patient. Because he's rush to finish conversation, he tends to make some incorrect assumptions, which makes me not trust on his judgement. I would definitely look for other Cardiologists who has time and patience to listen to their patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1372061].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2013

Very cocky man. I have taken my grandmother to Dr Ma twice now, and both times he was very rude, late, and extremely unhelpful. The most recent visit, I had work 2 hours after the scheduled appointment time, so we got there 20 min early. We still had to wait over 50 minutes to just get a room. He claimed to speak Chinese and began to speak Chinese with my grandmother, unfortunately he did not understand her Chinese at all and then proceeded to say her Chinese is bad. Which is ironic considering my grandmother is an old lady, 70+, and has been speaking Chinese her whole life. I would understand if it was a dialect of Chinese, but she speaks proper Hong Kong Chinese, yet he still did not understand. Putting that aside, he did not even acknowledge my existence nor the fact that I was her translator. Instead of asking for clarification he made assumptions which were not true. On top of that he did not bother listening to what my grandmother was saying, and instead put words in her mouth.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1372060].votes_count ]]