Rate Dr. Robert Ewing

Dr. Robert Ewing's Ratings

I've been going to Dr. Ewing for 4 years. Very helpful in reaching my health goals. Very knowledgeable in all areas of medicine and body chemistry.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2616089].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 12, 2014

The staff is very rude! Especially Barb which made me feel like a nobody. I spent a lot of money in the last couple of years and when I tried to cancel 1 appointment 2 days prior the staff wanted to charge me for the appointment regardless. I said that I would refuse to pay
and that made Barb angry even more raising her voice as if she owned me. Dr Ewing has no personality at all and I felt like I was just another number to him. I would never go back again! I 'm a friendly person and like people with personality. I have been a businessman for 40 years and would never treat my customers like this...

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2613076].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2014

Dr. Ewing's wife Barb administered several treatments of a hydrogen peroxide iv treatment for a sinus infection that I had, and after the third treatment, I started to receive a very strong wave of anxiety. I mentioned this to Bard, and she said that I needed to take more of their expensive chlorella that they sell for aiding detoxification. I increased the dose that I was taking; however, each time I was given another treatment, I noticed the anxiety increased to the point it became very bothersome. On the seventh treatment, I became very ill by day end, I called Dr. Ewing's office, and they asked me to come in right away, when I arrived, I was told that I was going through a full body detox, and I would be going through it for several months. I responded that I was told that there was no side effect to the treatment, so I am I feeling these symptoms. I was told that I had taken two many treatments back-to-back. I responded that I am not the doctor. I did what I was told what was going to make me feel better. I wrote a letter to them complaining about how I was treated, and they brought me back for two follow up visits that I refused to pay for due to it was their responsibility of putting me in such a devastating experience, and they became angry, and I was asked to never come back. It has been 23 months, and I am still having symptoms, and it has forced me to sell my business, and I am still to date not able to work a full day due to fatigue and symptoms. It has improved but very slowly, and I get a lot of colds all year round, which causes a lot of fatigue. I cannot comprehend some days the amount of suffering I have gone through as well as my family. I truly pray this does not happen to anyone else. I have reached out to the British Columbia Natural Path Council, which has encouraged me to file a complaint. My medical doctor has advised me that it would be a waste of time. The other thing I find very peculiar about Dr. Ewing's office is they only accept cash or interact. What do you think is the reason behind this ? If they would have taken full responsibility for their mistake, and they nursed me back to health on their dime I don't think I would be writing such a negative message. This is the first time in my life that I have had to make such a complaint about anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2612051].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 8, 2014

Staff is not friendly...........especially the older lady. Not happy with the service. Felt like I was being judged. They charge long time clients a fee if they cancel too.....now I know why a lot of people are not going back! And to get an appointment if you cancel takes months! I was prescribed too many really expensive suppliments and the visit was a rip off! I got no answers.......I will not be going back. I feel as though they were in it for themselves, not to help me!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2448663].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 11, 2014

For 20 years I have been going from Dr. to Dr. to Dr. trying to get answers for a female problem I have and none of them were helpful at all. 4 years ago I saw Dr. Ewing and within the first visit he told me exactly what was happening in my body and what I could do to help (diet wise mainly), and it didn't involve expensive treatments or supplements. Every time I have phoned or went into his office, the staff there have always been very friendly and patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1372557].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 24, 2014

I booked an appointment 3 MONTHS in advance and they cancelled without contacting me. Then the receptionist told me to book for 3 months later. Completely unprofessional and rude. While I have seen Dr Ewing in the past, I will no longer be going back. The staff is rude and unprofessional and I would rather put my name on a list elsewhere. AWFUL EXPERIENCE.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1372556].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2013

Just confirming my experience which seems to be a common one. Dr. Ewing is very knowledgable and helpful. I have no complaint with him. His staff, however, is terrible, particularly the older lady named Barb. I have recommended Dr. Ewing to a lot of my friends who are now regular clients there. However,once when I was unable to attend an appointment, I was told by her I would be charged for the appointment, even though I have always patiently waited for my appointments, even when Dr. Ewing was running late. I am a business owner myself, and would never treat my good, long standing clients this way, nor any of my clients for that matter.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1372555].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2011

One of the young girls at the front desk was unbelievably unfriendly and rude every time I went into the office. Dr. Ewing himself was cold and unfriendly the first visit, and 'ok' on subsequent visits. At the end of the day though, after altering my diet the way he told me to, and taking the supplements he prescribed, my health improved immensely.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1372554].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2011

My father has stage three cancer and this Snake Oil Saleman is recommending 4-5 sessions of therapy per week for six months at $525.00 per session. Dr. Ewing should be ashamed of himself for taking advantage of desperate people like this!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1372553].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2011

I adore Dr. Ewing and his staff and have been seeing him throughout my twenties: first for allergies and most recently for pre and post natal care for me and my newborn daughter. I love that he always treats the source instead of the symptoms and focuses on making your body strong enough to fix itself. I also love that he is proactive. My MD told me to take folic acid to prepare for pregnancy and that is all. Dr. Ewing got my liver in shape to prepare for the extra hormones, put me on an algae cleanse to keep my womb toxin-free, and monitored my nutrient levels throughout the pregnancy. What other doctor could have told me I was low on calcium, magnesium, and folic acid despite my daily vitamin? He is even caring for my daughter only 8 weeks old. The staff answer my questions by phone when they can and squeeze me in for appointments when I have something urgent. I also really appreciate his bluntness when I need to smarten up and eat healthier! My husband even goes to him now:)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1372552].votes_count ]]