Rate Dr. Souad Shatshat

Dr. Souad Shatshat's Ratings

After seeing her 3.5 rating on here, I was apprehensive. No need. Dr. Shatshat was perfect for me. She listened very well, asked lots of questions,shared and discussed my test results. She then gave me a diagnosis and ALL treatment options, including all risks, something I find very rare in today's medical world, and her recommendation for treatment. I was told who to see should I opt for physiotherapy or invasive surgery and given all drug options, both prescription and over the counter and physiotherapy to do at home.She then told me I did not require a return visit with her. Dr. Shatshat put me and my body first. I highly recommend her !

Submitted May 9, 2013 | flag

I found this doctor very difficult to deal with. She was very rude and condescending to me on multiple occasions, and she actually spoke over me and raised her voice to me when she disagreed with me. I was able to get on the medication I required to begin to get my arthritis in line, but in follow-up she seemed uninterested in the symptoms I continued to have and I did not feel she believed me when I told her about continued symptoms that were disruptive to my disease management. My experience with her leads me to believe that she may have issues in terms of knowing how to deal with personality conflicts. I felt like she disliked me and did not take anything I told her seriously. I was very stressed after most of my appointments with her, even though my medication was working--an important consideration when you are dealing with any disease.

Submitted Feb. 7, 2012 | flag

Dr Shatshat has been my Rhuematologist for the last year years and I highly recommend her. She is extremely helpful and polite and explains things easily.

Submitted Sept. 18, 2011 | flag

She gave me my life back.I would highly recommend her. Thank You Dr Shatshat...Norm

Submitted Jan. 6, 2011 | flag

After 2 appointments she never even had my previous specialist chart and asked me to refresh her memory because she didn't have her notes from last visit. She then informed me there is nothing else she could do for me without even reviewing my history. I would recommend avoiding her like the plague. Still wondering where she got her doctor's degree.

Submitted Dec. 13, 2010 | flag

Dr. Shatshat is an excellent rheumatologist. I am thrilled to be under her care.

Submitted Oct. 21, 2010 | flag

This doctor failed to recognize a significant problem in my bloodwork. She smiled at my bloodwork results and asked,"Is this all, why your family doctor sent you here?" Well, it was for Dr. Shatshat to figure out and she failed. I am seeing another rheumatologist now and I am thankful that I will never have to have her as my doctor. I recommend that if you are a patient of Dr. Shatshat, you might want to get a second opinion.

Submitted Oct. 4, 2010 | flag

I had a very good experience seeing this doctor for the first time a week ago. She is a no nonsense kind of physician, which I love. She doesn't twiddle her thumbs she get's right to the task at hand. She was very kind, gentle and knowledgeable, I look forward to dealing with her now that I have a diagnosis.

Submitted May 17, 2010 | flag

I'm confused by anyone who says she is not helpful. Luckily, I have a mild case of arthritis and she STILL takes the time to make be feel so much better. GREAT doctor to see!

Submitted Feb. 21, 2010 | flag

I found Dr Shatshat to be very personably and very knowledgeable. She showed great concern in my situation. I liked that she didn't try to butter things up for me, she gave it to me like it was.

Submitted Aug. 1, 2009 | flag