You may also like

Rate Dr. Edward G. McFarland

Dr. Edward G. McFarland's Ratings

Excellent results from Dr. McFarland and his staff. I have a complicating existing condition that could have been problomatic for shoulder joint replacement, but wasn't, because everyone involved had researched my case so thoroughly. I felt that I was in exactly the right place to get the help I needed. Just had my five-year follow-up and shoulder is as good as new! Many thanks!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2809578].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 16, 2015

I hhad reverse shoulder replacement surgery 6 years ago with wonderful results. Dr. McFarland is an awesome surgeon. He changed my life. Anne Lynch

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2786777].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

The Dr. and his staff answered any questions in a way that I could understand them. I had both of my shoulders replaced by Dr. McFarland and he was always available if I had any questions or problems.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2780750].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

I am thankful to have had this physician restore my ability to move my right arm again. The aftercare has been extremely helpful, very skilled and caring. I now look forward to having the same procedure for my left shoulder.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2780091].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

After suffering chronic pain in my right shoulder for about 2 years and treatment of physical therapy and steroid did not help, my primary care doctor referred me to Dr. Edward McFarland, an orthopedic surgeon at Hopkins' Department of Orthopaedic Surgery. I was then diagnosed to have serious tears in the rotator cuff and open surgery may be needed. Dr. McFarland diagnosed my condition correctly, he fully explain the surgical process and what to expect after surgery. I felt confident that he was the right doctor for me. He was very successful in repairing my torn rotator cuff. I now have a very much improved range of motion and no pain in my right shoulder. I am sincerely grateful to Dr. McFarland, thank you for all that you did to improve my well being. An appreciation as well to the Fellows, physical therapist and staff, both at the Johns Hopkins' Orthopedics and Outpatient Rehabilitation Facility, who attended to me with good care and respect.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2726950].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2015

After suffering with chronic pain for 5 years, starting when I was 70 years old, I decided to have shoulder joint replacement surgery on both arms. After researching both hospitals and doctors I chose Dr. McFarland bases solely on his ratings and reputation. I'm so glad I did! Both surgeries went well with little pain and no complications. I approached the first operation with some trepidation and really appreciated Dr. McFarland visiting just before I went into surgery to reassure me that all would go well - which it did. My post-surgery checkups with Dr. Mcfarland have been pleasant and reassuring. Overall, I have to give Dr. McFarland the highest grades in all areas. He is skilled, knowledgable and friendly. I highly recommend him to anyone needing shoulder surgery. His staff at the Greenspring Station office is also excellent.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2711765].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2015

I approached full shoulder replacement with a long list of questions. Dr. McFarland patiently answered all of them. Having an understanding of the procedure made me feel comfortable. In addition, Dr. McFarland has a warm, friendly manner. One unexpected, small gesture that I found comforting was when he wheeled me into the OR. It sounds minor, but it was very comforting. His staff at the Lutherville office have always been pleasant and efficient. He is a great doctor.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2696009].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 24, 2015

Dr. McFarland is a superb orthopedic surgeon. In addition to his tremendous knowledge and skill, he is also extremely kind and caring. He graciously fit my mother into his clinic schedule when she suffered a broken shoulder, and he explained his plan of action thoroughly. He welcomed having my husband and me in the room. My mother has seen Dr. McFarland in follow-up twice already, and each time I am struck by his ability to combine his expertise and terrific clinical care with a compassionate bedside manner. I, myself, am a physician, so it is nice to see the medical profession at its finest.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2621661].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 17, 2014

Dr. McFarland treated my husband for a total reverse shoulder replacement. I found Dr. McFarland to be exacting and highly skillful. He had a model made of my husband's shoulder to ensure that his technique would be perfect. He has an excellent understanding of the whole patient and makes his surgical decisions and recovery plans based on this knowledge. Dr. McFarland is judicious when he recommends surgery, carefully considering total patient wellness. Dr. McFarland looks ahead to consider the long term effects of surgery. I was always welcome to be present during my husband's examinations and any discussions concerning his treatment. We have been very pleased with Dr. Mcfarland's work and wouldn't hesitate to recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2465926].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014

I had a Rt. Reverse Total shoulder procedure done in early May. I had such a positive experience with the office and my hospital stay. I had severe pain for a number of years which had a profound effect on my quality of life. I am now totally pain free! Dr. McFarland is a kind person as well as an excellent Physician and has a great sense of humor. He diagnosed me correctly and gave me all the necessary information so that I could make an informed decision. I will add that I am an OR nurse with 30 years of experience. I would without question refer Dr. McFarland to anyone who might need surgery. Thanks Dr. McFarland for giving me my life back!!!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2465925].votes_count ]]