Rate Dr. Philip Solomon

Dr. Philip Solomon's Ratings

Dr. Solomon. 3 words. I love you. In september, you changed my life. You gave me confidence, and you gave me a perfect, adorable, small, pretty, natural, wonderful, breathable nose!!! I believe it was "closed surgery" as I cannot even see a scar. My healing went just as expected. While it has only been short of 2 months, and it takes a full year to heal from rhinoplasty/ septoplasty, my healing process has flown by and I look incredible and im not even fully healed! words cannot describe how pleased i am with my results. I would also like to mention that after the cast/ splint was removed, my nose looked not so good... and I actually had an emotional breakdown in your office. Dr solomon's handled me with such kindness and compassion. He calmed me down right away, he reassured me that i wasn't even near healed yet and that this happens a lot, and I wasnt the only one to cry like a baby after having the splint removed *as my nose did not look as I had hoped it would. Fast forward 6 weeks later, and I return for my post checkup, my nose is looking just as he said, significant improvement, and I feel absolutely amazing. He was so sweet and understanding the whole way through, and what I appreciate most about him was his non-judgmental and forgiving nature toward my concerns. I am a very untrusting person, and it takes a lot for me to have confidence in my drs, but with dr. solomon, I give him my complete trust. He is absolutely amazing at what he does, and I would recommend septoplasty / rhinoplasty with this dr to anyone who is considering him. Although you might be waiting a little while in is office, he is DEFINITELY WORTH THE WAIT!!! Dr. Solomon you are The Nose God.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2617506].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 13, 2014

DR SOLOMON he rushes and feel like its a drive through. He is supposed to dona septoplasty but didnt do it. Stil have a crooked septum and result stil have crooked nose. When I tried to point out this he said i may need mental help because my nose looks great :( despite everyone else pointing out my nose stil not even . I stil have problems breathing especiallly at night. I recommend you dont dismiss the negative reviews.. find a doctor with 20 or more years experience who knows what they are doing

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2613459].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2014

I had a neck lift done by Dr. Solomon. Had this ugly looking "turkey neck" thing, - other that this issue I was/am happy with my looks-60 year male. Other cosmetic surgeons recommended a full face lift- which I didn't really want to have nor pay for. Dr. Solomon said right away- " i can fix this" and he did. I am totally happy with the outcome.
I was very apprehensive about having the surgery, but right from the first examination I was impressed with his confidence and sincerity. Dr. Solomon is very talented and competent and did exactly what he said he could do to improve my condition.
Stan in Richmond Hill

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2586682].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2014

I went to see Dr. Solomon as he was recommended by my endocrinologist because I needed to have a nodule removed from my thyroid. I was extremely impressed with how quickly he was able to have my biopsy and surgery scheduled even though it was not cancer. Surgery is always stressful but his calm personality made it a positive experience. The fact that he is also a plastic surgeon is a bonus when it came to thinking about the scar I would be left with. His staff is very accommodating and you never wait very long for your appointment. Thanks for all your help Dr. Solomon

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2569300].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 8, 2014

I was recommended by a friend. Her daughter had nose surgery and were SO pleased with not only the surgery results but with Dr. Solomon. My friend said he was so calm, involved, and caring. I inquired two years ago to have my nose fixed but wasn't impressed by the first surgeon I went to see and dropped the idea ... until my friend shared her daughter's experience. I thought Dr. Solomon is someone who had undeniable skill but the personality that would make the process a pleasure and the staff to compliment his efforts. Bottom line, he did a great job for me and the experience was very positive. With out a doubt, I can highly recommend Dr. Philip Solomon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2550455].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 24, 2014

Everyday I wake up I love my nose, my face, my new life and it's all thanks to Dr. Solomon. It's been a year and a half and I still think about him, hence what brought me here. I find it incredibly hard to believe some of these negative ratings here- he is one of the best. I had a complicated surgery due to trauma suffered on my nose and the surplus of cartlidge i was born with in the shape but my nose looks absolutely incredible and he has changed my life completely. This man is beyond talented, with a skill unmatched by any in the city. If you have questions or concerns I would be more than happy to detail my experience with you at 8cs3@queensu.ca. (I would be happy to send pictures as well). Again Dr. Solomon, I love you and your team and thank you for everything- there is no price I can put on what you've done for me, confidence, and my life.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2503604].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2502870].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 18, 2014

I recently had a skin cancer removed from my nose. A dermatologist had removed one previously but it came back. I was referred to Dr Solomon and he saw me the following week. He did the procedure right away. He was easy going and friendly. After a week the stitches were removed. In the follow up visit he confirmed that there was no residual cancer found in the peripheral area.
Good new indeed. My nose is looking much better now. Great staff, speedy appointments, never had to wait too long in the office. Thank you Dr Solomon !

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2495319].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2014

No one ever wants to hear that their biopsy has come back positive and that they have cancer. That one word strikes fear in the heart; but, thanks to the professional, calm, concerned and compassionate demeanour of Dr. Solomon, all my questions were answered and my fears were allayed as I put my trust in him. At the hospital, his bedside manner was amazing, his smile relaxed me and his jokes had me laughing more and worrying less, which says so much about his ability to understand what his patients need! As a reflection of Dr. Solomon, his office staff is caring, understanding and efficient. I never had to wait very long for them to return my call or to have my questions answered, no matter what I asked from rescheduling an appointment to having a direction repeated. Dr. Solomon's office hours are also a blessing, as he is available early, which is great for me and, most importantly, there was never a time when I had to wait very long to see him.

To Dr. Solomon and all his staff, I consider meeting you the silver lining in the cloud that entered my life, this year.
From the very bottom of my heart, thank you!!

mary

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2487738].votes_count ]]

Submitted Aug. 8, 2014

It has been a few years since I had my septoplasty done with Dr. Solomon and I can't say enough about him and his staff! I have referred several people to him and all say the exact same things about him. Not only did Dr. Solomon do a superb job, he went above and beyond his call of duty. Unfortunately unbeknownst to anyone I had an allergy and that required me to have a few surgeries in 3 weeks. Dr. Solomon could have passed me off to anyone in emergency, but he didn't. He drove back from the cottage and ensured that no one messed with his work. He did not have to do this. This proved to me he truly cared and had a phenomenal bedside manner. He is honest and doesn't feed you what you want to hear. I wanted a cute petite nose and he told me this was not possible because of my cartilage make. Instead he told me what was possible and it looks fantastic. He is realistic. I trust him thoroughly and would recommend him in a heartbeat!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2448704].votes_count ]]