Rate Dr. T. Alan Demco

Dr. T. Alan Demco's Ratings

Was refereed to Dr Demco by my own Doctor one year ago. After 3 visits asked if operation would be soon - no answer. By Christmas? for sure! Xmas has come and gone. I was called in because I was told a "special proceedure" would speed up wait time. It turned out that it was an offer to go to private clinic for $900 cash; he just wanted to 'farm out' the job. He could have asked this over the phone, but then no appointment fee. Am now looking for another Doctor who actually wants to DO the SURGERY, instead of making needless appointments.
In 2010-2011 he made almost $1.200,000, I assume mostly for office appointments.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2693324].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 22, 2015

My impressions of Dr. Demco's services are characterized by a pleasant manner, redundant tests or retests and endless dithering and procrastination over a course of action. I have received much more active and successful efforts to arrest my glaucoma in the 8 months since I switched doctors than in the preceding 5 years with this doctor. Someone with a more suspicious nature might conclude that the practice priorities here are to maximize the number of billable appointments and tests. I cannot recommend this doctor. He should retire.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2680933].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2015

The staff are very abrupt. Numerous visits with Dr. Demco never seem to clarify the issue....very frustrating!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2652439].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 13, 2014

Staff has always been helpful and friendly. You can depend upon a wait for your scheduled appointment - bring a book. He will answer your questions, you just have to ask. Knowledge - good.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2590998].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2014

I have great respect for Dr. Demco. I have had to go for other appts in his office for related assessments. The last such appt in June was not a good experience however. Dr Demco was out of office as he is when he has surgeries, and I found out that a technician was going to measure the thickness of my cornea. I was unaware of the reason for this appointment beforehand. She was unable to get a reading with her camera/computer equipment. She put more drops into my eye but the same result. I asked her then was my one contact lenswas an issue. She relied that she didn't know I wore contacts. I found that disconcerting - was there no transfer of information about my eye history to the technician? She also wanted a reading for my other eye which had previously had an intraocular implantation. I asked her if I had my cornea out and an implant put in, why would they need to know the thickness of the cornea in that eye? Perhaps there was a good reason I was thinking... .She said she didn't know the answer to that question. Then the technician came at me with a stylus type of instrument pointing at my eye. I was definitely startled when I realized that she was going to touch my eyeball with that instrument. She did not tell me ahead of time what she was going to do. At that point I had enough. I left the office.
I think that there are continual advancements in the field of opthalmology. I surmise that this new test is an example of an advanced assessment technique. I also think that there were definite gaps in applying this new technology alongside respectful patient care. I did not call Dr Demco about my experience but I will be making an appointment at the regular interval and will give my feedback. No one is perfect all the time and overall I have great respect for him and the time he takes to answer my questions. He is also an excellent surgeon and works tirelessly at his profession.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2543707].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 19, 2014

Dr. Demco has scheduled me for 4 appointments (maybe more coming) to do what my former opthalmologist was able to complete in one appointment. On my last visit, I waited more than 30 minutes to see him, and when he finally saw me, I was asked to read letters on the wall 2 times. It took less than 5 minutes and he did not examine my eyes. Aside from saying my last test was ok, he did not bother to explain what was wrong and why I need to come back for further tests!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1376085].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 29, 2013

The staff who worked on the afternoon of July 16, 2013 and the next day morning was very impatient and rude. She was not willing to help at all. I had the same experience when I first visited Dr. Demco years ago. I am surprised that Dr. Demco has kept her in his office for so many years.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1376084].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

Dr. T. Alan Demco was great. He has a gentle nature, soft spoken, very approachable and took the time to answer our questions. I was personally relieved to have him as my daughters doctor. We were even squeezed in last minute end of the day when I was concerned about my childs situation. I would recommend him any day.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1376083].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 31, 2012

I have a patient of Dr. Demco for over twenty years. He is very nice person and an excellent doctor. He knows his profession like you and I know how to breathe.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1376082].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2012

Dr. Demco is worth waiting for. He does sometimes run late, becuase he is trying to fit everyone in he can. He works 6 days a week at 12 hour days!! He knows what he is doing and always answers questions. His office is impeccably clean. However, his staff are very rude! Except for the one girl who works Friday and Saturdays, she is lovely.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1376081].votes_count ]]