Rate Dr. Michael Shepherd

Dr. Michael Shepherd's Ratings

I like Doc. Shepherd as a person. Very kind.I was a client of his since earyl 80' s.After the last blunder that cost me a heart attack, he was warned by my neurologist who saw osteosclorosis.in my M R I and urged me to tell him , he dismissed it saying I was not in the ball park.(hormone therapy 20+yrs. Smoked for 42 yrs. Hi stress due to PTSD and a junk food, alcohol/drug addict).sober 13 yrs I also lost my reproductive system because he chose to not listen.Many more misdiagnosed events with other family members . These are but a few.

Submitted Jan. 19, 2014 | flag

Dr Shepherd has been my doctor since 1981. He has always been very helpful and kind to me. He is considerate always, of the fact that I prefer non-prescription remedies, wherever possible. I will never change doctors, even though I have to travel over an hour to see him. Office wait times are excessive, I think, but he is worth it!

Submitted Aug. 29, 2011 | flag

Dr. Shepherd was my doctor for over 30yrs. He is very kind & caring and always makes you feel like he is interested in what you are telling him. However, appointment waits are always 35-45 minutes (for a 3 min appt.) After 1 too many and very life changing mis-diagnosis we have finely changed doctors.

Submitted April 6, 2011 | flag

Our Dr. 20 yrs.excellent listener before prescribing,does not rush you.

Submitted Dec. 8, 2010 | flag

He may be very knowledgeable but could not tell from his short responses.He seemed to be rushed and not very willing to give any information voluntarily. Had to keep asking and prompting him to discuss the problem.Long wait for someone in pain.

Submitted Nov. 22, 2010 | flag

Dr. Mike Shepherd bis a class act. He's honest, very thoughtful and concerned with my well being. I met him late in life (age 57) and have hip resurfacing done in England . He's extremely knowledgeable about minor to major medical concerns. I'm lucky to have been referred to him by my family doctor (Dr. B.Davey) from Vancouver.

Submitted Sept. 20, 2010 | flag

been family Dr. since 87. he has seen our family go through the worst. he is a professional in every way. he is what others should strive to me. He tells it like it is. Very very good person and a very great doctor.

Submitted Nov. 10, 2009 | flag

He has been our family doctor since 1997. He always greets you with a smile on his face and truly cares. He actually listens to what you have to say. We trust him with our lives.

Submitted Sept. 3, 2009 | flag

I've got friends and family that use Dr. Shepherd, and I've heard good and bad... but isn't that the way? Not every doctor is the "right" doctor for every person, or every family. Just find the doctor that you trust and feel is right for you!

Submitted July 24, 2008 | flag

Dr Shepherd is a great doctor. I have been going to him since 1996. I have lived in several areas of the Okanagan and have travelled to see him. He is caring and attentive. He takes the time to listen and asses your needs. I have always been happy with his work. Even if he runs behind at times I know he is spending time with others as he does with me when needed. I would wait hours to see him. I just hope he never retires! Thank you Dr Shepherd!

Submitted July 18, 2008 | flag