Rate Dr. Eric Shafonsky

Dr. Eric Shafonsky's Ratings

Recently the doctor was verbally abusive to me,; I was embarrassed and humiliated as the doctor was so loud, he could be heard by patients in the waiting room. His abusive tone and volume were both inappropriate and unprofessional

Submitted Aug. 15, 2014 | flag

Dr. S is by far the best GP I have been to anywhere in the world and especially better than any in the U.S. He takes time to listen, remembers your history, cares...imagine, he cares. He is extremely knowledgeable, has technology to provide to you so you can access your medical history anywhere in the world. Never had that. Recently in the U.S. and saw both a GP and specialist and neither wanted or would look at my history, and both give me exactly 4 min. in their presence whether you are done or not. Terrible the way insurance and money has ruined the American medical system and amazing there is a Dr like Dr. Eric Shafonsky who still cares enough to take time to make you feel better for going.

Submitted Sept. 23, 2013 | flag

Very understanding and will give plenty of time if required. Will act in appropriate time and manner

Submitted Feb. 19, 2012 | flag

Extremely limited ability to communicate or interact with. Booking an appointment is ALWAYS difficult. The one lady that does everything is friendly but I think she puts the phone on mute and only replies to appointment requests at the end of the day or when she feels like it. There also seems to be some inexplicable reason why consults can take weeks to leave the office despite seeing the Dr initiate the consult on the spot. There is absolutely no opportunity to discuss anything with the Dr unless it’s by appointment. Appointment waits are weeks out so often your best option is a walk in clinic/ER. Once you get in to see the Dr he is personable and professional. He is medically quite knowledgeable and does not simply give you a pill and send you on your way. Overall a typical BC doctor trying to manage high expectations and demand, but using very outdated office/communication processes and tools at the patients' expense...my time is as valuable as his, they don't get that.

Submitted June 20, 2011 | flag

I am always pleased with the level of care I receive from Dr. Shafonsky. He has always been kind and thorough and never dismissive of any of my health concerns.

Submitted July 23, 2009 | flag

Although it can be somewhat frustrating making an appointment to see Dr. S.... it's a small price to pay to get excellent (and genuine) care from a compassionate, knowledgeable individual.... there are a lot of "Dr's" out there who won't give you the time of day.... so I never mind that I sometimes have to wait a few minutes to see Dr. S... it's because he doesn't give his patients the "bums rush".

Submitted Oct. 20, 2008 | flag

It is a joy to enter his office and be greeted by Lyse; she is very professional, efficient and pleasant. Dr. Shafonsky helped me immensely with his knowledge and empathy. I think I was one of the last patients admitted to his very busy practice. Thank you Dr. S and L.

Submitted July 25, 2008 | flag

I appreciate Dr Shafonsky very much. He listens, asks questions to be sure to understand is respectful and careful to meet all my needs. I respect him too. His nurse/secretary/receptionist/assistant/ is very knowledgeable and respectful and is a good listener also. I could say more about both of them and all would be positive. Humour too is always welcomed by me from them. I don't need to ever remind myself that they each are ordinary people with BIG jobs. Actually in some ways they are extraordinary.

Submitted June 5, 2008 | flag

When calling to make an appointment, most times I have to leave a message. More often than not, the secretary doesn't return the call until the next day or some times longer. I find this unprofessional and frustrating. Otherwise, Dr Shafonsky is an excellent doctor.

Submitted April 29, 2008 | flag

The Doctor is real with me. If he doesn't know something he will say so. He tries to help (my condition is difficult, I have Fibromyalgia) and is good about doing further tests when needed. Overall I am very happy so far.

Submitted Jan. 11, 2008 | flag