You may also like

Rate Dr. Eric Shafonsky

Dr. Eric Shafonsky's Ratings

I like Dr. E so much that I often ask him how he's doing as I don't want him to quit under the crushing demands of our medical system. He takes the time to talk me through everything so that it's me feeling guilty that there are others waiting out in the waiting room. I do agree that making an appointment is difficult and once I went to a clinic because I felt I needed to be seen quicker and couldn't get through on the phone, but I don't let this affect my opinion of Dr. E. I just wish there were an easier solution and I suspect that all practices have the same problem.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2811815].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

Dr Shafonsky is patient, caring, intelligent and a very nice person.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2797620].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Shafonsky for 14 years. He is thorough,efficient and a very caring doctor. The office is run smoothly. He ,has excellent listening skills,and at different times referred me to specialists. I do not mind the occasional longer wait time as I know when I was the most ill he spent extra time providing me with the medical care I needed. Yes, at times he is abrupt but he has helped me to a place of better health and I can't thank him enough.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2649636].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 11, 2014

Dr. S's approach works for people who are very involved in their own health and can advocate for themselves. He will work for you. But if you are relying on him to keep an eye on your health, be your advocate, you best look elsewhere. He is busy, and forgetful and has a life outside of his practice. If you have a chronic illness, I can't imagine that you would be happy. I know personally of several blatant missteps that have resulted in family members complaining that he is a terrible doctor. He isn't terrible. He just isn't a god.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2577185].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2014

Dr Shafonsky's been my doctor for about 12 years and he is by far the best doctor I've had. He is caring and treats my concerns with interest and respect. He also seems very knowledgeable and informative.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2573007].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2014

I had a medical problem which I pointed out to him during my annual medical He didn't bother to look at it but said he would send me to a specialist.
That didn't happen and when I checked with the office was told there was nothing on my chart. That was the final straw. I am now with another Dr who sent me to a specialist and was told had the problem not been attended to that it could become cancerous.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2572153].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2014

Dr. Eric never makes me feel that any problem is trivial or not worth bothering with if it is distressing me. He is a real family doctor -- sees my mother and my grown children. I have a difficult set of medical problems to manage, but he is most knowledgeable, and finds out what he needs to know. He is caring and kind.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2570229].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2014

Recently the doctor was verbally abusive to me,; I was embarrassed and humiliated as the doctor was so loud, he could be heard by patients in the waiting room. His abusive tone and volume were both inappropriate and unprofessional

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2499764].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 15, 2014

Dr. S is by far the best GP I have been to anywhere in the world and especially better than any in the U.S. He takes time to listen, remembers your history, cares...imagine, he cares. He is extremely knowledgeable, has technology to provide to you so you can access your medical history anywhere in the world. Never had that. Recently in the U.S. and saw both a GP and specialist and neither wanted or would look at my history, and both give me exactly 4 min. in their presence whether you are done or not. Terrible the way insurance and money has ruined the American medical system and amazing there is a Dr like Dr. Eric Shafonsky who still cares enough to take time to make you feel better for going.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1376808].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 23, 2013

Very understanding and will give plenty of time if required. Will act in appropriate time and manner

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1376807].votes_count ]]