Dr. Rose Girgis

Rate Dr. Rose Girgis

Dr. Rose Girgis's Ratings

I am disappointed to know she is still practicing in pediatrics. She was demeaning, overused fear to "motivate", discouraging, but also deterred me from wanting to get better. @ age12 I was diagnosed with type1 diabetes & until age 18 visits to her clinic resulted in tears as she would outline my demise from a genetically failed pancreas. She constantly put me down for having unstable blood sugars and used poor examples of deceased patients to motivate a better A1C. Currently, I am being followed by another endocrinologist(for about 4 years now) who has helped me stabilize my illness. In contrast to Dr. Girgis, I realized that I preferred to have someone cheering for me rather than a fear monger. I rated Dr. G a 1 in knowledge not based on her knowledge of diseases, but in knowledge of how to interact with fellow humans. Her staff was amazing though!! They offered unlimited encouragement... which, unfortunately, was always overshadowed when the Grimm Reaper entered.

Submitted July 20, 2014 | flag

Dr. Girgis is an extremely rude and authoritative woman. I've been talked down to and I've gone home so upset from being made to feel that I don't care about my daughter's health. I couldn't even ask questions without being constantly interrupted. We've since moved on, and have found a clinic we are extremely happy with and don't feel we are being rushed through like cattle. We've learned more about Diabetes and health management in the last year at our new clinic then we ever did in the 3yrs with Dr. Girgis.

Submitted Jan. 23, 2014 | flag

God bless her heart! My little brother is under her care and we are so comfortable with her and confident in her knowledge.

Submitted Sept. 6, 2013 | flag

Very professional and fantastic with children!! She was our Lifesaver and Rock during our family member's treatment

Submitted Feb. 22, 2013 | flag

We are fairly new with Dr. Girgis but already we love her. Finding out your child is diabetic is scary but she explains things well and shows care and concern not only for him but also for mom and dad. Thank you!

Submitted May 21, 2010 | flag

I love her as my sons doctor. My son loves her.She has been his doctor for over 7 years. He has growth hormone deficincey.

Submitted March 17, 2010 | flag

Dr. Girgis is wonderful! We've been seeing her for 5.5 yrs. with my Type 1 diabetic son, and she is a very caring, compassionate, knowledgeable woman. She truly wants to help people and always takes the time to make sure you don't feel rushed and have ample opportunity to talk with her. We feel loved by her and she is truly loved by us!!!!

Submitted Nov. 24, 2009 | flag

I absultly love this woman.We have had her now for 5 years with my diabetic daughter.We came from vancover, all I can say is night and day edmonton is the best because of Dr.Girgis thank you Rose

Submitted May 26, 2007 | flag

I had her for a couple years while I was in the pediatric diabetic clinic at the UofA hospital. She was prompt and incredibly easy to understand, even for a newly diagnosed diabetic. definately recommended!

Submitted April 16, 2007 | flag

Dr. Girgis is my daughter's doctor and is incredibly sensitive to her needs. She has been working hard to find out what kind of hypoglycemia she has for over 2 years and has not given up yet. She is always prompt in returning my calls. I would recommend her to anyone.

Submitted March 1, 2007 | flag