Dr. Derek Woolner

5 1 3.7

You may also like

Rate Dr. Derek Woolner

Dr. Derek Woolner's Ratings

He prescibed me cream for rosacea for my sensitive skin that has severe acne. It only made me acne worse and more painful. I waited for close to an hour for a 5 minute appointment. He didnt seem to care about concerns i had and shrugged off any questions i had.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2759902].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

Dr. Woolner is very knowledgeable. He tells you in detail what your choices are for treatment and allows you to be part of the decision making process. He has a very dry sense of humour which translates into a great bedside manner. I find him to be quite charming. The only reason why he would be running behind on his appointments, is if he's had a patient who required a little more TLC or a quick minor surgical procedure. Where this helps most patients is that this enables you to have a procedure done right away, instead of just having a consultation and then having to book another appointment. I love the way he runs his clinic. Very efficient. If you're the type of person who gets bent out of shape if you have to wait for a doctor, you're probably the same person who waits impatiently in line at the grocery store, bank, Tim's ... you get the point. Life happens and sometimes people need a little more attention at that particular moment in time. Get over yourself if you have to wait. Dr. Woolner is a great doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2735417].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2015

A year ago I had the worse allergy a person could have. Couldn't sleep was looked terrible. Had a rash head to toe.
Dr.woolner was knowledgeable and I saw him once a month for almost a year.
Andrew

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2645554].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2014

I love this clinic! The lady who does the laser treatments rocks! And my pocket book was happy. A quarter of the price compared to that snooty clinic at the bottom of crowchild. And I saw results in one treatment, not 4 like the other clinic said. Saved myself 1500!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2624774].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2014

I have been satisfied with his treatments but must say I am very creeped out by him!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2604603].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 3, 2014

I have to say I am completely shocked by the poor reviews of Dr. Woolner. I found him very informative and insightful. I was 29 years old and getting the acne of a teenager. I had an initial meeting with him. It had something to do with hormones. he prescribed some medication, and I took it. I decided I wanted my time to a clearer face to happen a bit more faster than the time it was taking with the current medication. I booked a second appointment and expressed that I wanted my pretty face back sooner. He was completely open to trying a different medication. The new medication worked beautifully. I have never waited hours for him. Never found his personality of a pompous man (that one made me snicker). I have had nothing but positive experiences at his clinic and especially with is staff. I dealt a lot with Tammy and found just as insightful as he was - with a positive and helpful attitude. I feell terrible for the people who said they had bad experience after bad experience, but I ponder the question... if you had a bad experience the first time, why would you continue going? Sometimes people don't mesh. It is the way of the world. What one person may find insightful another may find useless. There has to be some responsibility left to the clients themselves. Believe me, if I went there and didn't feel I obtained help, I would find someone else because that is what you do.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2600450].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2014

I went to Dr. Woolner for only one appointment. He has terrible bedside manner and wasn't helpful at all. He didn't answer any of my questions. It seems like he is only interested in patients who pay. Never going back there again.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2585802].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2014

If you ask a question you should listen to the answer! As my mother used to say "The only way you learn is to close you mouth and open your ears. I Found this man to be pompous and patronizing, the bed-side manor of a Polar Bear! He started cryotherapy on spots on my face and head without being asked and I had to direct his attention to the bloody big spot on my nose. I'm 72, I expect to have a few blems on my skin - I just don't like frightening little children!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2448753].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 30, 2014

-Very disappointed - made appointment but waited for 55mins - I was told I had mild rosacea but was given a Vitamin cream called Silkis (mainly vitamin D) - I believe I was prescribed the wrong cream after doing some research on my own - vitamin D worsens the rosacea condition - another thing is I agree with some of the other reviewers that his attitude was off putting.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1377213].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2014

I visited this doctor 3 times. Each time I waited past my appt time. 1st time he was a half hour late, the 2nd time over 2 hours before I left without seeing him and today - 3rd time - one hour of waiting and was told he might was still running late, so again I left. What is the point of making appointments if you never keep them? what about the patient's time? I took time off work to see this professional, who couldn't be bothered to see me. Very disappointed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1377212].votes_count ]]