Rate Dr. Derek Woolner

Dr. Derek Woolner's Ratings

I went to Dr. Woolner for only one appointment. He has terrible bedside manner and wasn't helpful at all. He didn't answer any of my questions. It seems like he is only interested in patients who pay. Never going back there again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2585802].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2014

If you ask a question you should listen to the answer! As my mother used to say "The only way you learn is to close you mouth and open your ears. I Found this man to be pompous and patronizing, the bed-side manor of a Polar Bear! He started cryotherapy on spots on my face and head without being asked and I had to direct his attention to the bloody big spot on my nose. I'm 72, I expect to have a few blems on my skin - I just don't like frightening little children!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2448753].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 30, 2014

-Very disappointed - made appointment but waited for 55mins - I was told I had mild rosacea but was given a Vitamin cream called Silkis (mainly vitamin D) - I believe I was prescribed the wrong cream after doing some research on my own - vitamin D worsens the rosacea condition - another thing is I agree with some of the other reviewers that his attitude was off putting.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1377213].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 1, 2014

I visited this doctor 3 times. Each time I waited past my appt time. 1st time he was a half hour late, the 2nd time over 2 hours before I left without seeing him and today - 3rd time - one hour of waiting and was told he might was still running late, so again I left. What is the point of making appointments if you never keep them? what about the patient's time? I took time off work to see this professional, who couldn't be bothered to see me. Very disappointed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1377212].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 7, 2013

After removing some skin horns from my face, leaving almost invisible scars and the most important of all, with no recurrence so far, I would definitely go back to Dr. Woolner again. And I would recommend him to anyone who is in need. Excellent doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1377211].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 6, 2012

It's disappointing to see that the thorough review I wrote 2 years ago has been removed from this site. I consulted Dr Woolner for approximately 1.5 years for what began as a rash on my thigh, but over time grew to a body-wide itchy rash. He repeatedly refused to refer me for allergy testing, prescribing a steroid cream, which I applied for all those many months. He ordered a long series of full-body UV light treatments as well - all unnecessary exposures. He continually blamed me for the lack of healing. I cried so many times in those many months - it was misery. In the end another dermatologist referred me to an internist at U of Calgary who confirmed I was allergic to something in the base of the cream Woolner had prescribed the whole time. Once I stopped using it, I was fully cleared up within 30 days, but badly and permanently scarred over most of my body. It isn't the most traumatic experience of my life, but it's close. Allergy-testing was requested and refused repeatedly.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1377210].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 11, 2012

Dr. Woolner is a excellent doctor with integrity. I saw Dr. Woolner about hypertrophic (raised) scarring on my chest and back. I wanted to explore invasive surgery to achieve dramatic results, but Dr. Woolner explained that because I have a tendency to form scars that I am not a good candidate for invasive surgery because it involves damaging the skin. He gave me injections to reduce the appearance of the scars. I was extremely impressed that although Dr. Woolner offers cosmetic services, he will not perform these services on patients who are not good candidates. Excellent doctor and excellent person.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1377209].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 28, 2012

This fine gentleman really knows his stuff. He listened very carefully to my concerns, asked me lots of questions, discussed possible remedies. What was prescribed was extremely effective. Highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1377208].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 6, 2011

After waiting 10 months for an appointment, I wouldn't wait 10 seconds to see Dr. Woolner again. It was the most condescending 15 mins of my adult life! Now looking at posts on RateMDs, it appears that Dr. W has 2 personalities - one for those that are paying extra for cosmetic procedures and one for those with general (traditional) dermatological conditions. In a nutshell, Dr W. exudes arrogance; that he is generally above such trivial matters (to him) as an infantile haemangioma. I was given the appointment with Dr W as a referral from my GP.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1377207].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 1, 2011

He was very polite and listened to my problem unlike other doctors I have seen. Answered ALL my questions!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1377206].votes_count ]]