You may also like

Rate Dr. Katherine Paton

Dr. Katherine Paton's Ratings

Doctor Paton's wait times may be long, but totally worth it. She definitely shows compassion and care for her patients. Grace though not really a warm and fuzzy receptionist, gets her job done and takes care of business.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2786586].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Paton since I was 12 years old and am now 31 and have nothing but good things to say about her an her staff! She works hard for her patients which means her admin lady has to work even harder! So cut her some slack. The wait time has always been 1 1/2 to 3 hours long however it's worth it. Dr. Paton is a doctor to go to. So i suggest you bring a book or listen to some music or take a nap while waiting or better yet check in with the admin lady, ask how long its going to be (which will be 45 min or so) and go to broadway and get a coffee or go to london drugs.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2752696].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

Be prepared for a 3 hour wait. The receptionist has no compassion and is brimming with hostility. I think Dr. Patton is very good but the wait times and the way you get treated are inecusable.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2724609].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2015

I waited in the reception area yesterday for about 6 hours for Dr. Paton. There were about 10 of us waiting and confused. It truly would have gone a long way if either the receptionist or secretary had given us an update. Both very rude and made it very clear any contact was an inconvenience. When Dr. Paton made it in she was VERY professional and thorough. Apologized for the delay and did not make me feel rushed.....it's a shame her staff is so rude.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2699080].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 27, 2015

As I write this I am in Dr. Paton ' s reception area. Her secretary Grace Uy is incompetent with the personality of a bag of hammers. My appointment was set a month ago with my referral. Grace called me two weeks later quoting a different day on her message. I called back to confirm and she told me I may have been double booked, but she doesn't know? Told me everything is manually booked and not computerized? !? Saito I should just come in on my originally scheduled date. My appointment was 8:30am so I took the day off work and bussed it to be here by 8:15. Grace brings me to her desk and with no apology or emotion tells me "somebody screwed up" and the Dr. cannot see me till 11:30. After and awkward silence as I'm waiting for more info I get up and go sit in the waiting area. I have heard nothing but good things about Dr. Paton, but she needs to fire her secretary. From what I have seen she likely is why patients have such long wait times.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2697807].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 26, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Paton by my regular ophthalmoligist because of an anomaly noted after eye surgery. Yes the waits can be long at the eye clinic but eye problems are not simple to diagnose or treat with a few comforting words or pills. All the diagnostic procedures are done at the eye clinic and it all takes time. I have never seen a medical facility so busy as this eye center is. I travel form out of town to see doctor Paton and all my tests in various deptments then seeing Dr. Paton have been done in the same day. On my last visit surgery was decided upon and done by Dr. Paton within 1/2 hour of her deciding it needed to be done to reduce the chance of a more serious problem developing. So this puts her behind and backs up the patients waiting. Patients of Dr. Paton or any other Ophthalmologist need to understand their professional servises can not be offered on a set timetable. As for her staff, I find them very helpful and friendly. When I read these other reviews and see the negatative commnets All I can say " Get a Life' and complain about that really matters.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2634761].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 27, 2014

Wait times are inexcusable. I go for a consult once every year, specifically ask for the first appointment of the day and always wait a minimum of 3 hours. Sometimes closer to 5. The receptionist is also terribly rude. Otherwise, Dr. Patton herself is very friendly and seems knowledgeable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2566024].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2014

I feel Dr. Paton is essentially a good doctor, however the wait for each appointment can be 1-3 HOURS!! I have seen her twice and she never sent a consult letter to my GP from either visit. My GP's office requested the consult with no response and I contacted the office myself intermittently for TWO YEARS requesting the consult letter be sent to my GP and each time I was always told "she's behind in dictation" WHAT 2 years behind! This caused me additional antibiotic treatment since my GP had no information on me and when he retired there was no information to pass on to my new GP. My new GP said it often takes them up to six months to get requested information from that office. (If only it only took six months!!) To date approxomately 3 years later they have not sent any information on me. If they lost my entire file they should admit such...... I am afraid to go back there due to the very long wait in the waiting room and lack of correspondance of my condition with my doctor. Otherwise I would have found her to be a good doctor and very knowledgeable.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2517770].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2014

DR. KATHERINE PATON HAS BEEN MY OPTHAMOLGIST FOR MORE THAN 20 YEARS. SHE IS A VERY CAREFUL PHYSICIAN AND IS WONDERFULLY HELPFUL TO PATIENTS WHO NEED HER SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE. PUNCTUALITY IS UTTERLY IRRELEVANT IN SUCH MATTERS. THANK YOU KATHERINE PATON FOR YOUR SKILL, KNOWLEDGE AND CARE.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2505429].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2014

During three appointments I was made to wait a combined total of seven hours. This is inexcusable and unacceptable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2448781].votes_count ]]