Rate Dr. Katherine Paton

Dr. Katherine Paton's Ratings

Wait times are inexcusable. I go for a consult once every year, specifically ask for the first appointment of the day and always wait a minimum of 3 hours. Sometimes closer to 5. The receptionist is also terribly rude. Otherwise, Dr. Patton herself is very friendly and seems knowledgeable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2566024].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 6, 2014

I feel Dr. Paton is essentially a good doctor, however the wait for each appointment can be 1-3 HOURS!! I have seen her twice and she never sent a consult letter to my GP from either visit. My GP's office requested the consult with no response and I contacted the office myself intermittently for TWO YEARS requesting the consult letter be sent to my GP and each time I was always told "she's behind in dictation" WHAT 2 years behind! This caused me additional antibiotic treatment since my GP had no information on me and when he retired there was no information to pass on to my new GP. My new GP said it often takes them up to six months to get requested information from that office. (If only it only took six months!!) To date approxomately 3 years later they have not sent any information on me. If they lost my entire file they should admit such...... I am afraid to go back there due to the very long wait in the waiting room and lack of correspondance of my condition with my doctor. Otherwise I would have found her to be a good doctor and very knowledgeable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2517770].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2014

DR. KATHERINE PATON HAS BEEN MY OPTHAMOLGIST FOR MORE THAN 20 YEARS. SHE IS A VERY CAREFUL PHYSICIAN AND IS WONDERFULLY HELPFUL TO PATIENTS WHO NEED HER SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE. PUNCTUALITY IS UTTERLY IRRELEVANT IN SUCH MATTERS. THANK YOU KATHERINE PATON FOR YOUR SKILL, KNOWLEDGE AND CARE.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2505429].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2014

During three appointments I was made to wait a combined total of seven hours. This is inexcusable and unacceptable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2448781].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 29, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Payton's for over 5 years. She is a wonderful Ophthalmologist who explains everything is a professional and understanding manner. In my 60+ years of with various medical professionals, she ranks a 10 in my humble opinion. She is very busy, but is one who "really" cares about her patients and they are not just a "number". I would much rather wait for her than other Ophthalmologists I have dealt with. I consider myself very fortunate for having her as my Ophthalmologist. Thank you, Dr. Payton for being the professional and caring Doctor that you are.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1378973].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 18, 2012

I had been a patient for a few years before I had a diagnosis of cancer in my sinus that nearly involved one eye. I considered her a good doctor before this diagnosis and an incredible one after. I was lucky to have her since she is also an oncologist. She has taken me through some procedures and adjustments to get my vision back to normal after an invasive surgery. Her office is crowded and sometimes she is late, but a visit often involves 2 or more meetings for drops that take time to function. The only way she can work efficiently is to have patients present or available for a longer time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1378972].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 25, 2011

I was moved by Dr Paton the 1st time I met her. She was late but explained that her father had passed away that day. She came in to work because people had come from out of town to see her and she felt she must see them. Second visit- Dr Paton spent an fair amount of time answering each & every question that I had dutifully brought with me.I feel very fortunate to be a patient of Dr Paton's. Her kind personality & her knowledge- that she so readily shares- are a breath of fresh air to the medical profession.Yes the wait can be long but know that you are waiting for quality time with an expert-consider yourself fortunate.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1378971].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 9, 2011

A lifesaver! She recognized the need for me to have a biopsy done of my huge tear gland (done by another specialist), and as a result they uncovered a rare disease that had been attacking my kidneys. Absolutely amazing, the time she took to make sure that I had the best care and specialists. Thank you so very much Dr Paton! That was 1996 and due to the quick diagnosis and care, I have been in remission for 12 yrs now, and most with this disease don't get to see remission. I feel so lucky!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1378970].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2010

Dr. Paton is a very caring doctor, but I must say her staff does alot I have seen them try to keep things happy and pleasant it is not the staff's fault when the Dr. is late they do their very best to keep everything and everybody happy you can't please everyone. So get over it if you want one of the finest doctor's then you wait and stop blaming the staff I have seen what they have to put up with Patients can be very unfair give them a break.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1378969].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 7, 2010

vERY KNOWLEDGABLE HARD TO SEE BECAUSE OF PATIENT LOAD BUT SPENDS TIME TO EXPLAIN THINGS WELL

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1378968].votes_count ]]