Rate Dr. David Hochman

Dr. David Hochman's Ratings

Very skilled. Takes time to explain the procedure in detail. Truly cares about his patients. Lucky to have had him as my surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2487983].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2014

I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Hochman, he's been seeing my husband for two years now and performed surgery on him in 2012 that I believe saved his life. It was a very complex surgery that even Dr. Hochman didn't anticipate but instead of giving up he completed the surgery which saved my husbands life. He is a kind and compassionate man and we are very lucky to have him as a doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2448805].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2014

Dr Hochman is great! Just a simple routine colonoscopy (my first) and I thought I had just the best nap. My issues were minor and he was pleasant, extremely patient with me and kept me in perspective. He was not rushed and very thorough. His office assistant, Margaret, was just great-he is extremely lucky to have her. Even the receptionist was very helpful and pleasant. I can't say enough good things about this doctor. I am 100% confident in his capabilities, and if I should need something more serious in his field to be looked at - he's the guy, hands down.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1380149].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

I found this doctor to be very personable, easy going and down to earth. He was willing to actually talk to me and answer all my questions. He performed a polyp removal surgery and the experience while not physically pleasant was professionally performed and my care was top notch. I wish all doctors brought such enthusiasm and skill to their practices. Top notch.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1380148].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 7, 2013

I can not say enough good things about this man or his staff. From the first phone call, when Martina called to set up my appointment,I felt cared for. Such a calming, friendly, caring person. Then I met Dr Hochman.Dr Hochman set my mind at ease right away. He took the time to answer all questions of my mine or my husbands. He is informative and knowledgable. He took time to show me diagrams, explain to me what he needed to do, what might happen, length of recovery, future appointments. The day of surgery he came to see me first and took time to calm me. After surgery he took time to speak to my husband and son, which meant a lot to them!!! His visits in the hospital were always uplifting. I knew I was in the best hands possible. He is friendly to all people around him and you can tell he is well respected. My follow up appointment was like being with an old friend. With his expertise, I am now cancer free!!! Thank you Dr Hochman, I owe you my life!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1380147].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 13, 2012

If you are getting sent to a surgeon for your belly, I really hope you get Dr. Hochman. He takes pride in his work, he made me feel comfortable, he's easy to talk to, very humble, and genuinely wants YOU to feel better. If you've been referred to him, congratulations, you've been placed in what are quite possibly some of the best hands in modern medicine today. Dr. Hochman removed my colon, and fashioned a j-pouch for me. The next step is the take down surgery, already I feel like I've been given a new lease on life. Something that I found amazing about him; I went in for a visit to talk about the colon removal. Coincidentally I was getting some heart palpitations for a few days. He sent me over to St. B emerge. Once he was done for the day at his office he came to visit me (on xmas eve to boot!) out of the kindness in his heart, to see how I was doing. I feel like he has treated me like family.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1380146].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 14, 2011

Dr. Hochman is such an amazing doctor. He goes above and beyond the call of duty to help his patients. Even at my first appointment he cared so much and took action on matters that other doctors ignored. He even kept in contact during his holidays. He carefully explains everything and he gave me confidence to overcome my UC. As my situation got worse he even wheeled me from his office to the ER. Any patient is lucky to have a surgeon like him and we are so lucky to have him here in Winnipeg.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1380145].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2011

This doctor saved my life. Tumor discovered on colonoscopy screening in 2009 (after several reschedules by another surgeon by the way - a very close thing as the cancer grew). Changed surgeons immediately to Dr. Hochman, David provided very understandable advice, scheduled short course radiation and surgery, iliostomy, (clean pathology)and later reversal surgery. Now cancer free after almost 3 years. Words fail me - but let me say sincerely - thank you sir. My family still has a father and husband.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1380144].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2011

Very personal man. Excellent PR and highly skilled and educated. He is the best!! Winnipeg is very fortunate to have him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1380143].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 2, 2011

Dr.David Hochman is very professional. His chairside manner is excellant and he is highly skilled and knowledgable. I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1380142].votes_count ]]