Rate Dr. Bud Shandro

Dr. Bud Shandro's Ratings

I saw Dr. Shandro a few years ago. After only briefly glancing in my nose he told me I needed a septoplasty. I signed my consent forms and let him operate. I am now several years post op, and have been in pain every single day since the surgery. I finally saw a new ENT yesterday and through endoscopic exploration have learned that Dr. Shandro not only did the septoplasty that I consented to, but also major sinus surgery (that I did not consent to), removing several major structures that are required for normal function. I am devastated after finding out what he did to me is NOT reversible and I likely will have issues for the rest of my life. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR. It honestly isn't worth the problems that you will have. I feel extremely decieved, and will be looking into my legal options.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2635951].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 28, 2014

I am so disappointed with this doctor since i had my surgery (March2014)septoplasty and sinus turbination. i don't feel good and terrible pain in my head as well as still i am sick all the time .my head is heavy all the time i don't know what mess he made in my head . After surgery no improvement . After surgery when i went to see him i always told him my story and no satisfied answer .He doesn't care about somebody's pain or discomfort.he has poor skills and worst attitude . I would like to say, don't go to see him and don't let him to do any surgical procedure on you otherwise you will be in trouble as i am . I am so upset because i don't feel good as it should be. Thanks

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2625819].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2014

So disappointed. I'm now 5 years post op from a septoplasty and attempting to find a new surgeon to fix the mess this man made of my nose. After a rocky surgery and few weeks post op I thought things were going to be better, but since then I've had a massive build up of scar tissue and the cartilage in the tip of my nose has been slowly collapsing. I now look like I have a ridge in the middle of the tip of my nose (like a nose version of a butt-chin) and my nostrils are definitely different sizes and shapes and there is nerve damage. Unfortunately I'm going to have to get a rhinoplasty to fix this mess but I'm so apprehensive about going back under the knife and finding someone I trust to do it now. This was supposed to be a minor procedure to fix my breathing and now it's turned into me having to get major plastic surgery. I'm so upset.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2558549].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 30, 2014

I have had problems with my nose for years being dry and bleeding. My regular doctor had me see Dr. Shandro and he prescribed me a compound to use. Within two days my problems disappeared and my nose has never felt better. He was though and efficient in his examination and I give him full marks for his professionalism...great doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2558348].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 30, 2014

I have been dealing with doctor shandro since I was little never had a bad experience he has done surgery on my ears nose and throat best doctor I know

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2528755].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2014

Worst doc. worst attitude. exceptionally poor skill. You take a problem to him and he will make it worst. Not curteous, not encouraging and worst of all not genuine and truthful. Tricks you into believing that you will benefit so that he can make money from your procedure/treatment. but truly you will gain nothing out of it. On the contrary you will long for the time when your problem was only bad and not 10 times worse. very poor patient interaction. He will be vague, and use very diplomatic language and not present the clear picture to you. use words like may or may not, might, may be. when in reality you have very little chances of improvement. Ask him what are the chances out of 100 for you to get any benefit and he will not straight. Much like a politician. DO NOT LET HIM NEAR YOU OR ELSE YOU WILL REGRET DEARLY!!! I say this as first hand sufferer. Do not let him touch you or do any procedure on you.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2448818].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 15, 2014

My 3-year old daughter was referred to a doctor in the same practice as Dr. Shandro for a tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy. This other doctor was not good with children so he sent us over to see Dr. Shandro. It was a great experience. He was gentle with my daughter and she liked him. He answered all of my questions and gave me lots of information about what to expect, what to avoid, etc. On the day of the surgery, we saw him briefly in pre-op and then he came to speak with me right after the surgery was finished. My daughter did fine with everything. She just had her 5-week post-op check and she's 100% recovered. She sleeps through the night, doesn't get mystery fevers anymore, and her speech is clear. I was very pleased with everything. Dr. Shandro is quiet but he's very knowledgeable and great with children. I would recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1380836].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

Dr. Shandro was not very thorough at all when I got into to see him. He didn't even look at my throat before suggesting I need to have my tonsils removed and sent me on my way. I opted for a second opinion being uncomfortable with his treatment. I ended up getting scheduled for the surgery anyways but decided to go with a doctor I felt more comfortable with to do the surgery so I ended up getting booked in twice. I meant to call to cancel the surgery with Dr. Shandro but before I could call they called me and the girl in the office said "it is retarded" that I hadn't called yet to let them know. The surgery was more than a month and a half away! I was blown away by the service.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1380838].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2012

I phoned today for an emergengy appt. I had a previous ear surgery which was more complicated than expected. I am a flight attendant. My ears have been blocked for several days. I have gone into walk-in clinics and they say I have wax build-up but will not flush the ears because of the surgery. I was not given an appt. and I was not allowed to speak to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1380835].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 9, 2011

This doctor did a surgery on my husband that has now caused him to have a second durgery by another doctor!!!! He has completely destroyed the sinus and nasel passage of my husband. DO NOT allow DR.SHANDRO to do surgery on you ever!!!! This man should be taken out of practice!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1380834].votes_count ]]