Rate Dr. Bud Shandro

Dr. Bud Shandro's Ratings

Worst doc. worst attitude. exceptionally poor skill. You take a problem to him and he will make it worst. Not curteous, not encouraging and worst of all not genuine and truthful. Tricks you into believing that you will benefit so that he can make money from your procedure/treatment. but truly you will gain nothing out of it. On the contrary you will long for the time when your problem was only bad and not 10 times worse. very poor patient interaction. He will be vague, and use very diplomatic language and not present the clear picture to you. use words like may or may not, might, may be. when in reality you have very little chances of improvement. Ask him what are the chances out of 100 for you to get any benefit and he will not straight. Much like a politician. DO NOT LET HIM NEAR YOU OR ELSE YOU WILL REGRET DEARLY!!! I say this as first hand sufferer. Do not let him touch you or do any procedure on you.

Submitted May 15, 2014 | flag

My 3-year old daughter was referred to a doctor in the same practice as Dr. Shandro for a tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy. This other doctor was not good with children so he sent us over to see Dr. Shandro. It was a great experience. He was gentle with my daughter and she liked him. He answered all of my questions and gave me lots of information about what to expect, what to avoid, etc. On the day of the surgery, we saw him briefly in pre-op and then he came to speak with me right after the surgery was finished. My daughter did fine with everything. She just had her 5-week post-op check and she's 100% recovered. She sleeps through the night, doesn't get mystery fevers anymore, and her speech is clear. I was very pleased with everything. Dr. Shandro is quiet but he's very knowledgeable and great with children. I would recommend him.

Submitted March 18, 2013 | flag

Dr. Shandro was not very thorough at all when I got into to see him. He didn't even look at my throat before suggesting I need to have my tonsils removed and sent me on my way. I opted for a second opinion being uncomfortable with his treatment. I ended up getting scheduled for the surgery anyways but decided to go with a doctor I felt more comfortable with to do the surgery so I ended up getting booked in twice. I meant to call to cancel the surgery with Dr. Shandro but before I could call they called me and the girl in the office said "it is retarded" that I hadn't called yet to let them know. The surgery was more than a month and a half away! I was blown away by the service.

Submitted Jan. 20, 2012 | flag

I phoned today for an emergengy appt. I had a previous ear surgery which was more complicated than expected. I am a flight attendant. My ears have been blocked for several days. I have gone into walk-in clinics and they say I have wax build-up but will not flush the ears because of the surgery. I was not given an appt. and I was not allowed to speak to him.

Submitted March 9, 2011 | flag

This doctor did a surgery on my husband that has now caused him to have a second durgery by another doctor!!!! He has completely destroyed the sinus and nasel passage of my husband. DO NOT allow DR.SHANDRO to do surgery on you ever!!!! This man should be taken out of practice!!!

Submitted Nov. 16, 2010 | flag

I had a Septoplasty to improve my breathing. He barely explained the procedure to me. I woke up following it with my blood pressure and heart rate dangerously high. After 4+ hours of no signifigant change in my vitals and me acting erratically they had to call him at home to find out that he used cocaine hydrochloride as an anesthetic but did not put it on my chart. I was sent home with a perscription for Tylenol 3 (I'm allergic to codeine!!). I was allergic to the sutures that he used resulting in scar tissue. A year after the procedure I went back to him to confront him about my now uneven nostrils and nasal tip (new confidence issues!). He first denied ever touching around that area, and then started talking about how he pulled the nasal tip up (conflicting stories, yes?) and he spoke to me like I was an idiot/child (I'm 19, have finished my BA and am studying to take the MCAT later this year, and have done extensive research resulting in me being very familiar with the surgery).

Submitted Aug. 1, 2010 | flag

I had a parotid gland tumour successfully removed in December '09. Dr. Shandro answered all my questions and more. I had a lot of swelling that took longer than average to fade but the incision is neat and so far I do not have any problems other than the numbness which I know will last for some time. I am very satisfied with his abilities and can overlook his tendency to be quiet... People should do their homework and know what they are getting into with various procedures. Operating on the face/neck involves major nerves and it's not like they're colour-coded like the medical texts. There is no guarantees that surgery will always be successful... it is risky, but I didn't want this tumour to grow any bigger.

Submitted April 16, 2010 | flag

My son had ear tubes put in by Dr. Shandro over a year and half ago. Everything was turned out great and since he has had no more ear infections (thank goodness since he was having them every month for 6 months). I think Dr. Shandro is a great doctor and very knowledgeable but he doesn't have the best bedside manners. But hey, I guess sometimes the best doctors don't have the best bedside manners.

Submitted Aug. 29, 2009 | flag

I am an adult male and had surgery by Dr Shandro. He is very professional and good at what he does. I would recommend him to anyone who requires a competent and helpful surgeon.

Submitted Aug. 21, 2009 | flag

Dr. Shandro has been looking after my nose for years. He has always explained what is going with my sinuses. His care has been outstanding. I would recommend him to anyone.

Submitted May 13, 2009 | flag