Rate Dr. Ulrich Lauf

Dr. Ulrich Lauf's Ratings

Dr. Lauf has been our family doctor for my wife and I, along with our four children for 16 years. We have all been very happy with his professionalism, dedication and kindness. Since moving to the new location we have had to travel much further to see him but don't hesitate to make the trip. He has diagnosed situations accurately and provided competent care all of these years. I appreciate Dr. Lauf and am deeply grateful for how he has given of himself to us as a family. It is hard to find a quality doctor at times and he is definitely one of the very best in this city.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2570486].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 9, 2014

I think that Dr lauf used to be wonderful; however since moving to the walk in atmosphere he is lacking in thoroughness. He is too rushed, not as attentative, less commpassionate and almost annoyed from time to time. I just had my second child and even in the hospital I have noticed that all around there is less help from medical staff. Maybe Dr Lauf bit off more then he could chew. Since he stopped taking walk in patients it has improved slightly. If he just paid more attention to us while we were there and maybe did his entery when we have left, that would make a world of difference.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1381633].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2012

I'm a 29 year old woman and on my last few visits with Dr Lauf he’s has been strongly suggesting that I get my tubes tied. I think this is ridiculous. I'm a very healthy woman and shouldn’t be pressured in to this decision; I have many years of being fertile. With this and a few other incidences over the last few years, I am maiking the decision to leave him. I have been a patient for over 16 years.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1381632].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2012

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1381635].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2011

Dr. Lauf has been my Doctor for many years and I always trust him with his opinion. He is compassionate and caring. However, since moving to his new office I find it almost impossible to get in to see him. One time he actually told me to come back the next day and I still had to fight with the front desk to give me an appointment. It is very sad that his staff cannot be as compassionate as he is. They are rude and will not bend even an inch if you really need to see him. I will continue to see Dr. Lauf because I trust him but I say "bring back Margaret" from his old office. She had a heart!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1381631].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2010

I am very disappointed with the lack of knowledge and care that was offered to my wife when she saw Dr. Lauf with complaints about memory loss. There were no tests of a cognitive nature or any other tests performed to gain some background to the nature of the problem or complaint. She was dismissed repeatedly, without further follow-up or referral to a neurologist or cognitive assessment specialist. Finally, after much pressure, my wife was referred to a neurologist and on further insistence, she got an appointment with a cognitive assessment team at the F.H. Much time had passed since the initial complaint and by now my wife was desperate for a proper diagnoses and even though the assessment at the F.H. was given as dementia, we had made arrangements to visit a research facility in California. Now it is many years later and after the confirmed diagnoses for semantic dementia was documented Dr. Lauf has never demonstrated sympathy, compassion or understanding of this painful situation

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1381630].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 30, 2010

The negative comments for Dr. Lauf just don't add up for me. I know everyone's experiences are different. However, Dr. Lauf was an amazingly supportive and knowledgable doctor for me and my late husband! Since I've moved to the coast, I greatly miss having him as a doctor. Please consider talking to him about it or writing a letter to him if you're not happy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1381629].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 30, 2010

After waiting over an hour for our appointment for my son who had a horrible cough, he was misdiagnosed as just having a bad virus. Even with my concerns of his fever that he'd had and bad cough for over 4 days. A few days later and 6 hrs at the Children's hospital, we found out my son has pneumonia. A simple chest x ray afew days prior would'v meant we could've had him on the mend earlier.Apparently if they can see it on the x ray it has been there for at least five days, well before we saw Dr Lauf.Very dissapointing, pneumonia is a serious illness and he wasn't going to get better without antibiotics.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1381628].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2010

Dr Lauf took on looking after my brother in Feb of 2009 at Bethany Care Centre in Calgary. I have the power of attorney on my brother so it was agreed upon at a family meeting in Feb. 2009 that Dr. Lauf would communicate with me as changes happened. The were many changes that I found out from the nursing staff that happened and no communication. I had the care giver talk to him and my brother asked him as well as many e-mails from the care giver and a phone call from myself to his office to call me and still no communication. I live in Edmonton so it is hard for me to catch the doctor. I don't know what is wrong with this doctor as far as communicating but I fired him. I feel when a DR. can't talk to the loved ones in charge then they should look for another profession as that is part of being a Doctor.I am very disappointed in him and would not recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1381627].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2010

I followed Dr Lauf to this location (which is WAY more convenient to me - but I'd go out of my way for a good doctor) so I have been part of his transition period. It isn't easy to adjust to him looking at his computer and seeming more rushed/pressured. I waited over an hour for an appt one day & considered leaving him. BUT, then he helped my family through a crisis and I realized he's still the same caring, concerned, knowledgable & excellent doctor he always was. It isn't his decision to use the computer (it will probably help in the long run). As for wait times, that has totally worked itself out in my experience. I think change is always difficult and there was, in truth, a transition period that wasn't the greatest point in his history as a doc. But in my opinion he's worked it out and is still one of the best doctors in Calgary. To unhappy patients: I bet he'd appreciate honest feedback and you might resolve your concerns by talking to him. Just a suggestion. Or find another Dr

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1381626].votes_count ]]