You may also like

Rate Dr. Richard Hart

Dr. Richard Hart's Ratings

My husband was operated on for liver cancer 1 1/2 years ago by Dr. Hart. He is an exceptional knowledgeable surgeon. I would definitely recommend Dr. Hart, he takes the time to explain the situation and answer any questions that you have. His secretary Michelle as been so helpful and kind. A wonderful person. Again Dr. Hart and Michelle thank you so much for your support and follow up.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2819686].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

On Feb 2014 I had the most scary Whipple operation performed by Dr. Hart and his team. I'm very pleased that I got to the hands of the greatest surgeons and in the most professional team in St Joseph Hospital in Toronto.The surgery involves removal of a portion of the pancreas,bible duct and gallbladder....so all team has to focused and dedicate work from every member of the surgical team, Intensive Care Unit......nutritionists..nurses .Thanks All for your excellence work. I can't forget about Michelle Dr. Hart receptionist .....your support and follow up means so much to me. So again thank you Dr. Hart for your outstanding surgery and my quick recovery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2818689].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Hart because I had gallstones and was in terrible pain from time to time. I must say Michelle, his secretary has been nothing but helpful from the moment I called. She accommodated and addressed any issues I had. She also prepared my Dr's notes quickly and of free of charge. I really appreciated that. As for the Dr, he was great. Prior to seeing him I had been suffering with my gallstone pains because I was afraid of the surgery and as vein as it sounds I was also worried about my scars and my navel ring (which I was not ready to part with). The doctor educated me as to what the pros and cons were and took his time to explain the procedure and recovery of this surgery. He made me feel comfortable enough to go ahead with the surgery.The team at the hospital were amazing and made me feel very comfortable . I had a speedy recovery with no issues. My scars are minimal and I still have my navel ring! Dr. Hart and his staff are an amazing group of people and I would recommend them to anyone I know.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2818128].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

April 2015. I have my gallbladder removed by Dr. Hart. It took him 2 hrs, and 30 minutes to do my surgery because it is complicated by already enlarged with stones, gangrenous gallbladder, embedded to my liver. I was very grateful to Dr. Hart and his team of doctors the residents working with him that day, with his expert hands and knowledge they were able to do a laparoscopic cholycestectomy on me. I am very pleased with Dr. Hart for an excellent job performing my surgery truly very grateful. My health and strength is steadily improving today. Thank you. God Bless.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2817669].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

August 2009 was when I was first diagnosed with level 4 colon cancer that also metastasized in the liver. I was proposed a 3-stage treatment, where surgery of the colon cancer was urgently needed and administered promptly the following month that year.
Also, I was administered chemotherapy for 7 months after the first colon surgery to shrink any metastasized tumours present in my body. The remaining liver tumours were then removed through another surgery in April 2010 by Dr. Hart at St. Joseph’s Hospital. I was in a very sick and weak condition and urgently required a removal of half my right liver lobe and my gallbladder. After the procedure I was in ICU in critical condition, not knowing if I would survive the ordeal, but gratefully, I made it through after receiving such professional care from the staff, and discharged in 11 days. The operation was a success, where a CT scan in November 2010 showed no evidence of metastasized tumours in the liver.
Aftermath: At the careful discretion of Dr. Hart, I received follow up checkups from him every 3 months for 2 years after the surgery, plus less frequent checkups every 6 months 4 years after the surgery. Up to date (May 2015), it has been 5 years after the major liver surgery, I am cancer-free and no more checkups are necessary. Now I am in relative good health, and staying active.
Plus, my wife and I had a great experience in Dr. Hart’s office, with warm thanks and regards to him, his secretary Michelle, and all the kind staff!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2809075].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 16, 2015

After researching the best surgeons to perform a Whipple Procedure, I was thrilled that Dr. Hart took me on as a patient. He is a very gifted surgeon and I couldn't be more pleased with the fact that he saved my life. However, I was not overly impressed with the post surgical care which was left entirely with interns and student doctors. I had a few complications, which required readmission but never saw Dr. Hart except at appointments. Some of my issues could have been handled much better, giving me relief much sooner if he had done the follow up, but that was not the case. Much of my post surgical discomfort could have been relieved sooner but was not. No one even suggested the need for digestive enzymes until my 3 month check up!!! I would highly recommend him for anyone requiring a Whipple Procedure, but be forewarned that you need to be your own health advocate or hope that the presiding interns are better than the ones I had. Thank you Dr. Hart for your expertise, but please be harder on your trainees so they do a better job.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2802258].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 9, 2015

From the first day I walked into Dr. Hart's office, I was at ease. This was the man I wanted to get me through a liver re-section due to cancer. He was honest and direct stating all possible outcomes of this extensive surgery. I feel very lucky to now have all this four years behind me and I am enjoying very good health. One last scan next year and I can declare myself a cancer survivor. From the start of this journey, I can say that, Dr. Hart, Michelle and the staff at St. Joseph's Health Care Centre have treated my issues as though I were their only patient. I will be forever grateful that I was referred to this office and the fine exceptional people who work there. My thanks to you all.....B Goodlet

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2798764].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

Having received the best of care by nurses, dieticians, and staff during my stays at St. Joseph's Health Care Centre in Toronto, many thanks and a special thank you and my sincere gratitude to Dr. Richard S. Hart, an excellent surgeon who saved my life by performing major abdominal surgery by removing my stomach during a 4 hour operation with his team members, which was successful, giving me 10 to 15 possible years on this planet. Having suffered resected gastric adenocarcinoma, bleeding ulcers at various times with Dr. Jonathon E. Springer, another fine physician who performed gastroscopy at various times as well as by Dr. Hart, cancer was discovered. In consultations with Dr. Springer and Dr. Hart and family members it was decided that for the best my stomach with malignant ulcers had to be removed. Dr. Hart was very helpful and informative to me and family members in explaining the surgical procedure and postoperative functioning for me. I had part of my stomach removed in 1954 leaving a small scar. Dr. Hart used the same method for the surgery. He left a fine scar which is almost like an invisible tattoo. Also 7 nodes full of cancer were removed with stomach and gallbladder. If there was an award for surgical artistry, it should be given to Dr. Richard S. Hart. I am now in care with the doctors at the oncology clinic at St. Joseph's Health Centre for periodic scans and consultations. -Archie G. Harjes, Etobicoke, Ontario

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2744592].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 8, 2015

In February, I had my gallbladder removed. I want to thank Dr. Richard Hart for his optimal level of care and attention to ensure my full healthy recovery with my gallbladder surgery. I could tell that I was in good hands from my first medical appointment with Dr. Hart. Dr. Richard Hart came to me with high recommendations from a friend so I felt good about things. I really liked his no-nonsense and serious approach. He took the time to educate me about my gallbladder and what was happening to me. I had been feeling awful off and on for years and it took me a few years to arrive at the decision to have my gallbladder removed. It wasn't easy for me. Dr. Hart was patient with me. He took the time to explain things to ensure that all my questions were answered. I felt reassured with Dr. Hart that removing my gallbladder was the right thing to do. Now that I am recovered, I cannot believe how great I feel without my gallbladder. It made me ask myself why I waited so long to have my gallbladder removed. I should have done this a long time ago. Dr. Hart made me feel comfortable and reassured as a patient under his care--and he didn't rush me in my decision. I am very pleased with Dr. Richard Hart and I highly recommend him. Michelle is a conscientious and positive person. I felt that she really cared about my well-being. Together, they make an awesome team! I thank them both for looking after me in the way that I would expect to be looked after from a highly regarded surgeon. With deep gratitude. Thanks!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2743473].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 6, 2015

January 2010 I was diagnosed with Stage 4 rectal cancer. The cancer had metastased to the left side of my liver. After I recuperated from the rectal tumor surgery at Credit Valley the surgery on my liver was to be performed by Dr. Hart at St. Joe`s. Dr. Hart explained the procedure, risks and outcome. He had to remove 40% of the left side of my liver and I was discharged one week later. I did all my appropriate follow ups. I found his receptionist, Michelle to be considerate, respectful and cheery which always made me feel comfortable. I had my final visit with Dr. Hart Feb 18/15 as I am now cancer free. I am very grateful to have had Dr. Hart on "my team" to help me get to where I am today. Thank you. Wendy T.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2743268].votes_count ]]