Rate Dr. Richard Hart

Dr. Richard Hart's Ratings

I thanked the Lord for using Dr. Richard Hart as an instrument for my healing. January 7, 2010 when I was diagnosed with pancreatic tumor. Brampton Civic referred me to Dr. Hart's office. They faxed the referral in the morning and by 2:00 p.m. I got a call from Michelle and she told me that Dr. Hart wants to see me the next day. What a favor from God! So we went there and Dr. Hart explained to us everything. He doesn't rush but really spent time with us explaining. February 3, 2010 when I had the surgery. The day before the surgery, I prepared a thank you card for him & his team. I wrote that I thanked the Lord for using them as instruments for me and congratulate them for a job well done. That's faith! The next day, when Dr. Hart and his team visited me, I asked my friend to give the card to him. Truly it was a success! It's been 5 years now! February 18, 2015 when I went to his office and received the good news that the result of my ct scan was very good. To God be the Glory! I love Michelle too for being so kind and sweet. God bless you and more power!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2734317].votes_count ]]

Submitted Feb. 24, 2015

If I could i would give Dr. Hart 0 for helpfulness I would. This doctor is only concerned about being a surgery machine and does not care at all about the well being of his patients. especially after they suffered considerable complications following his surgery. I would highly recommend considering another doctor/hospital as if you suffer complications other surgeon will be reluctant to take you on as a patient so you will be stuck with Dr. Hart who doesn't even explain to you the procedures that you would need to undergo.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2732221].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 23, 2015

Thank-you Dr Hart! You saved my husband's life. Last spring (2014)he was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Dr. Hart saw him right away, explained the surgery and preformed the whipple procedure within 2 weeks, after our first appointment. He is slowly getting better everyday. I have great respect for the doctor, his surgical team and Michelle! Thank-you again .Dr. Hart!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2730584].votes_count ]]

Submitted Feb. 21, 2015

Several years back I was diagnosed with rectal cancer. I was referred to Dr Hart at St Joseph's. I have to say that at first I was skeptical because I am in my 70s. When Dr Hart saw me he explained everything in a very detailed professional manner that made me feel at ease. I would like all patients no matter what illnesses they have to be in the hands of such a knowledgeable doctor as Dr Hart. Today I feel great, have no complaints and am very grateful that I was in good hands.
Another person I must mention is Michelle. She is always glad to help and very cheerful. She makes you feel comfortable and at ease. Thank you Dr Hart that I will be able to celebrate my 75th BD and you too Michelle!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2728223].votes_count ]]

Submitted Feb. 19, 2015

My dad was diagnosed with pancreas cancer in 2014 . Dr hart told us he was in 1st stage of cancer . He performed whipple surgery. After this surgery i was unable to see dr hart. He always used to send his assistance to see my dad. Every thing was going fine for few month ,but suddenly my dad started getting fever and chill. When we went to emergency they used to give him an antibiotics and send him home (4-5 times in a month). i was really frustrated and want to talk to dr hart. At first they didnt allow me to see him but, when i said i am gonna take this case to court cause being a head dr he is not caring for his pt and so on.....finally dr hart came to see my dad. I asked dr hart" whats going on" and he said i am sorry to say but we need to do 2nd surgery cause of infection. This was happening first time in my family not sure what to do and we don't have any option so we decided for 2nd surgery. After 2nd surgery my dad again started having problem with constipation.I took him to the hospital they gave him medications and send him home but, medicine was not helping him at all. He had constipation for almost 15-25 days and this is not a joke. One day when i was at work my mom took him hospital again and i got a call from hospital saying they have to do 3rd surgery to open the blockage, When i go and talk to one of the lady dr who was his assistance she told me my dad is in last stage of cancer. I was surprised. I remember when i first when to see dr hart with my dad he said dad will be alive at least for 10-15 years. he was only 50. This case i was unable to decide and i know doing 3rd surgery also we wont be able to save him. but my dad was so positive and he decided to do 3rd surgery. After 10 days of 3rd surrey my dad passed away.
MORAL: TAKE A GOOD DECISION. BEFORE CHOOSING DR HARD AS YOUR DR THINK 10 TIMES ABOUT THE CONSEQUENCES . TO BE HONEST WITH YOU,HE WILL JUST DO YOUR SURGERY AND HE WONT CARE EVEN IF YOU ARE DYING. THERE ARE MANY OTHER DOCTOR WHO IS BETTER THAN HIM...ITS YOUR LIFE SO THINK ABOUT IT....

Was this rating useful? 5 [[ userState['ratings'][2696368].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 24, 2015

A family member had surgery in Toronto by Dr. Richard Hart. Unfortunately, they passed away as a result and we've been trying to obtain a copy of the surgical report for 3+ months. Despite dozens of phone calls, unreturned voice mails and emails, Michelle, the front office receptionist, is unhelpful and gives us the run around (The report is next on his to do list, we promise to get it to you tomorrow, etc. etc.).

When things go wrong, as can happy with major surgeries, this is definitely not how the family should be treated. All in all, our experience has just added an unbearable amount of stress, anguish, and resentment on top of an already horrific situation.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2689951].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2015

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2657847].votes_count ]]

Submitted Dec. 18, 2014

I had an Inguinal hernia repaired under local anaesthesia. I should also say I am a physician. I listened to everything Dr Hart was saying when teaching his residents how to perform the procedure. The attention to detail and manner in which he taught was on a level far superior than I had witnessed before. What a pleasure it was to listen to him knowing that this much attention to detail as he is known for in the larger cases is his standard for all he does.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2630099].votes_count ]]

Submitted Nov. 23, 2014

My mother died in the ICU 20 days (October 2014) after a liver resection surgery performed by Dr. Richard Hart and his team. She underwent a liver resection after a diagnosis of gall bladder cancer. She was 60 and at a normal weight and with no symptoms prior to the surgery. She never had any health issues, other than getting her gall bladder removed in April 2014. If you are considering going for surgery please understand that there is a chance of death.

Although the chance of death is rare, ask these types of questions when going for your consultation and ask what kinds of complications you could run into. During my mom's consultation with Dr. Hart, he stated that she would walk out of the hospital in no more than 10 days. Your life is at stake and you have a choice. I believe that Dr. Hart and his team tried their best, but in the end my mom died as a direct result of the surgery performed by Dr. Hart as opposed to the cancer.

Supposedly, my mother's care was in the hands of all of the ICU doctors after the surgery, Dr. Joanne Meyer and Dr. Arthur Vanek. I have no clue what happened, she was supposed to be with me and my family for many many more years. Things in the ICU just got worse and worse after she fell into a comma 4 days after the surgery, including kidney failure requiring dialysis, an infection form one of the lines requiring antibiotics, and about 15 days after the surgery, there was major blood loss from the incision requiring transfusions (as well as 2.5L required of blood transfusions required during the surgery). From what we can tell, there was a drop in blood pressure or blood flow to the kidneys during the survey which caused some of these complications. The radiologist report prior to the operation also mentioned restricted blood flow to part of the liver.

We stayed by her bedside until she died of ammonia poisoning which caused seizures, brain swelling and she was declared legally brain dead. She died 20 days after the surgery.

Be very careful before doing this surgery. Do your research. Ask the hard questions. Prepare for the worst.

Was this rating useful? 6 [[ userState['ratings'][2626378].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2014

In April 2014 a 25mm Pancreatic neuroendocrine tumour was found in my pancreas during a MRI scan. This was affecting blood sugar levels causing blackouts and other issues. My GP referred me to Dr. Hart. I can say that I am 100% please with his skill and the efficiency of the experience and its health outcome.
In our first meeting he explained everything well and displayed a high level of confidence and answered all my questions. Surgery was scheduled quickly for May. It was a six hour operation, quite major, and in the middle of it he was able to modify the procedure based on his observations and did a complex but less traumatic procedure "on the spot". The result was a shorter recovery period and an improved outcome. I feel better and healthier now (I am 67) than before the tumour was discovered.
His secretary Michelle runs an efficient office and has always been very prompt in returning calls, scheduling appointments and pleasant to work with.
I only have the highest respect for him and his team.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2617255].votes_count ]]