Rate Dr. Charlene Anne Lockner

Dr. Charlene Anne Lockner's Ratings

Best doctor ever. Listens, shows concern, approachable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2569896].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2014

More concerned about billing then the actual care. Does not listen to patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2565060].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 5, 2014

Dr. Lockner was super helpful. She looked up recent information about where I was traveling to to make sure that I could get the appropriate vaccinations for my holiday. She's friendly!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1383195].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2011

Very helpful and if she doesn't know the answer to a question she will find out and point you in the direction of ample information.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1383194].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2011

I first saw Dr. Lockner at Oshawa clinic's urgent care. She spent more time talking with another doctor than listening to me, the patient. Two weeks later I had not received test results and her office had not returned my two follow up telephone calls. I went to Dr. Lockner's office in person for these test results. The receptionist was rude and ineffectual. I have lived in the U.S. for the past 27 years and have friends and family who work in both the Canadian health care systems. Unfortunately, Dr. Lockner and staff validate the negative stereotypes about the Canadian health care system I would argue against while living in the U.S.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1383184].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2010

Dr. Lockner has been able to assess anything given to her. I have had some different issues and with time we came to conclusions. If she was unable to fully assess, she was able to research it. In my case, she wanted to be able to future diagnose issues and uses me as a precedent. Dr. Lockner is a great, compassionate doctor-- she listens to her patients, which many don't do. I am lucky to have her as a family doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1383193].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 13, 2010

Great doctor. Unfortunately not taking new patients. Is teaching family doctors in training, which is great for the training doctors, but sad for those of us who don't always get to see her. The person who doesn't like her can leave - make room for the many who are trying to get into her practice!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1383192].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 28, 2010

My family has gone to Dr.Lockner for many years. She doesnt prescribe needlessly, and never gives me the easy way out. No `cure` pills given. She believes in healthy living, good diet`and exercise to keep your body in fine form. When she has recommended me or my children to a specialist - if I come back with negitive feedback, she empathizes and recommends someone else. I know 2 people who stopped using her as a doctor becuase she will NOT prescribe addictive drugs (therefore, she will not supply your habit!). Makes me wonder if those who said she doles out the drugs had a bone to pick when she wouldn`t feed thier addiction. hmmmm. Great doctor - upfront, will investigate if she doesn`t know, and will check in with you for follow up. Her office is busy, so you`ll wait at least 30 minutes, but I don`t mind becuase she doesn`t rush me when I`m sitting with her. That`s the trade off for doctors who stay on time. You`ll wait with Lockner, but you`ll get your questions answered.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1383191].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 9, 2010

She was my family doctor as a child and is still my parents, sister's doctor. My chief complaint is that she seems to get in "over her head" which she herself has admitted. When faced with a complex health issue, she seems reluctant to refer to specialists but rather bumbles along on her own far too long. In my humble opinion, she shouldn't be permitted to prescribe medication - way too comfortable to put patients on dangerously habit forming drugs with little regard as to addictions. She is probably the worst GP I've ever had experience with and I am routinely concerned about my extended family's health in that the continue to see her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1383199].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 11, 2009

I have had the privilege of being Dr. Lockner’s patient for 7 years now. I have ALWAYS found her to be extremely competent, ethical and professional. She is what other MDs should strive to be. I have always received the care that I and my family deserve. She has never had a problem with referring me to another MD when she was stumped, and has always been honest with me. I completely trust her and I think that this community will feel a tremendous loss when she decides to retire.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1383190].votes_count ]]