Rate Dr. Maria Bleszynski

Dr. Maria Bleszynski's Ratings

I think most people don't understand that wait times in doctors offices are very variable. Keep in mind that the 6 new mothers in front of you had a million questions for which time is not scheduled in the day. Ob/gyns sometimes see up to 40 patients a day. You would expect that as patient you would have the right to ask questions as you want to resulting in delay for the next patient. Complaints about wait times are not a valid criticism of a doctor's work. Dr. Bleszynki is very thorough, knowledgable, and professional. Her MOA is super nice and very friendly if you are friendly too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2626475].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2014

What a disrespectful front desk receptionist. I couldn't believe the attitude! Ok I get it she probably deals with some cranky prego women. I was late for my appointment called before the weekend wrote my time down, and when it came to the day I couldn't find it. Tried calling all morning, answer machine says they are closed for lunch till 130 so makes sense my appointment is 130 not 1... well they girl at the front was so rude when I showed up. I will not go back there!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2607446].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 5, 2014

I was just barely 6 months in Canada from Thailand and experienced a ruptured ectopic pregnancy. Dr. Bleszynski saved my life and explained everything in detail for me. She spent time with me in my follow up appointments. She was my OB-GYN for the pregnancies of my two sons. 19 years later; I have two wonderful and successful sons. I can only highly recommend her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2602347].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 1, 2014

Maria Bleszynski has ruined my life. In 2004 when my daughter was born I had a very awful experience with Dr.Bleszynski. Everytime I visited her she treated me as I was a stranger, shouted at me and forced me to get my tubes tied at the very last second during my c section. Since my c section I have never felt the same, I have had numerous infection's in the site where the c section was because of unsterilized tools which she used. My blood work has been changed after the c section and is showing that I more white blood cells than red blood cells this has been going on since 2004, I have yet to receive a normal blood test reading. My life has been ruined by her I wish no has the same experience and that she may stop practicing as a doctor. She has no right to practice as a doctor. This review is really important so please spread the word.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2596471].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 28, 2014

Dr. Bleszynski is very nice, I've been seeing her for couple years now but one thing I don't like about her is Pap-test! She don't use disposable instrument to preformed, she use metal instrument that have been resusing over and over. I don't feel safe/ don't want to risk my health to catch diseases from non-sterile instrument :-( I wish she would have disposable instrument. Anyone know any good women doctor around city of surrey that use disposable instrument ?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2579704].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 15, 2014

I've been seeing Dr B since last year. The office is almost always full and the wait times are at best an hour unless you get in first thing in the morning. What I like about that is that when I do get in to see her, I do not feel rushed - she takes her time explaining things and answering my questions. Before doing what would be a painful biopsy, she sent me to the bathroom & offered me a pain killer. The staff - Ashley is like a drill sergeant & could probably use an empathy course - firm & friendly is okay but she gets a bit loud at times especially hollering the next patient's name from the back. Megan the receptionist is helpful. It's a busy, crazy office but overall if you're patient & can understand Dr B's accent & smile at her, she warms up to you. Same goes with the staff - what you put out there will be given back to you. I also like that Dr B has a monitor in her office that the patient can see while she types her notes in and you can also see the test results she is looking at.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2560845].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2014

(Addition to previous comment “DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR.”) The female doctor and the young rude receptionist came out of the doctor’s room and this naïve lady patient wanted to talk to doctor but this young rude receptionist blocked her and told her to leave the office. She then told me to see the doctor. The doctor guided me to her room and she directly said to me that I should find another doctor if I’m not happy in this office and abuse her staff. I had no idea what the young rude receptionist told the doctor about me but I said to the doctor that her staff seemed to have communication problem with patients. But the doctor denied it and said her staff was nice all the time and she’s supposed to protect her staff from abusive behaviors. I asked her back if she then didn’t want to protect her patients at all. The doctor answered she didn’t need to. I was doubtful of what I heard but it is all that happened to me today from this doctor’s office. She actually refused to see a patient who had no harm and I believe it’s against law. I also rejected her to see me and just left her room warning her to train her staff in a better way. I ruined my whole day and felt miserable and resentful.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2530515].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2014

“DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR.” This female doctor and her staff are terrible, terrible and terrible. I’ve witnessed a young rude receptionist (she said she’s a manager) had behavior problem as well as communication problem when she was talking to a naïve lady patient. There was no respect at all when she treated this patient and told her to leave the office due to no appt, otherwise she would call security. She seemed to overreact so I kind of interrupted their conversation recommending to double check as I’ve previously experienced the same issue. I just tried to notify the staff what happened to me before and help the patient in good faith. Suddenly this young rude receptionist told me that this was none of my business and told me to be quiet. I was kind of shocked when she started talking to me like that too so I tried to talk back. Again she blocked me and said she would call security if I said a word more. I was just speechless at the moment but she kept saying that she would talk to doctor about me and wouldn’t let her see me. Meanwhile the naïve lady patient was also embarrassed and talked to herself why she needed to see security without any wrongdoing.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2529584].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 9, 2014

I have only seen her 2x . The first time I did have to wait about 40 min and the second time maybe 20 min but what Dr doesn't make you wait ..??? Dr. B is very thorough ...she sent me for all sorts of blood work to try to figure out my missing periods. She does have a strong accent but I don't find it hard to understand . I really like her and would have no problem seeing her if I became pregnant. The reception staff is a different story though .. I had to persuade the receptionist to give me a follow up app.... she said that the dr wasn't requesting to see me .. after about 10 min on the phone with her I had to tell her that I have some questions after my blood work and can I please make an app to see her .... and this last visit I was asking for the results of my pap test and there was some confusion with nana about it . she went through stacks of 1000's of results that haven't been filed yet ... after 20 min of searching for my results she phoned the lab and they don't have a record of me having a pap which meant the office staff lost it ...so now I need to go in an have it done all over again .... not looking forward to that ... but as far as Dr Bleszynski is , I am totally satisfied with her !!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2468309].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2014

Ive been to Dr. Bleszynski's office about 3 times now and I have had nothing but good experiences. The staff have always been polite and respectful to me. In addition I found the Dr to be very knowledgable and thorough. I don't think that she is rude, granted I do understand that she may come off that way. English is not her first language and its just her way of using the language that may come off as harsh. I have been to other OBGYN that were absolutely horrible and I have to say this is one of the best offices I have been to. Highly recommend her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2467971].votes_count ]]