Rate Dr. Maria Bleszynski

Dr. Maria Bleszynski's Ratings

I saw Dr B. for a pap exam and I inquired about getting an IUD. She questioned my decision to switch from oral pill to an IUD. After she agreed to give me a prescription for one, I went to pick it up and booked an appointment over a month later. I get to my appointment, she looks at my cervix and tells me I am not a candidate. Couldn't she have checked that last time and before I spent the $400 on the IUD? She tells me that it's not going to change until I have children, says sorry and leaves the office. Horrible bedside manners. No knocking on the door before she comes in, no hello and just doesn't like to be asked questions. The only comfort I get from this is that her admin is the one who provided me suggestions. Just overall poor experience with this doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2703533].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 30, 2015

I'm a return patient - Dr. B was my OB for my first two children 10/14 years ago and is now my OB again for a third pregnancy. I must admit that I find her much more pleasant today than I did the first go around. I know she had some personal issues when my first children were born - having lost her husband and having young children of her own, becoming a single mom while trying to run a busy clinic. Was to be expected - she was tired, sad, and probably angry at the world. Now she has a much more pleasant, albeit still Eastern European, demeanor. She smiles and has a twinkle in her eye that she didn't have before. I treat her with respect and she gives me respect back. I do find the wait times are long, but I know they are going to be long so I bring work or a book. She doesn't rush and has no problem with me asking questions. There seems to be high turnover among the young office staff which might lead to some of the punctuality and organization issues. But overall, good doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2700846].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 28, 2015

DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR - What a disrespectful front desk receptionist!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2691981].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2015

I worked with Dr. B as a med student, and based on being with her in clinic, the OR, and on the ward, I can say that she has excellent medical knowledge and is very thorough with her assessment and plan. She's very evidence-based and up to date with the latest practice guidelines. In terms of bedside manner, she is very direct in her communication and has a very business-like professionalism. So you'll likely have a more pleasant encounter if you are forgiving of the waiting time and conduct yourself like you would in any professional environment. She's certainly not shy to tell patients to leave if they're being difficult or disrespectful to the staff. Regardless, the patient's well-being is always her priority, which really shows with all the behind the scenes work that patients typically don't see.

In addition, the office staff is very organized and efficient in meeting the demand of such a busy practice.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2684533].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2015

I honestly have never been to a more cold and un-kind doctor. I saw her on three different occasions. The first time I saw her I could hardly believe that she was the doctor I would be dealing with. I can't believe how the medical board is allowing DR B to practise, her decisions are on assumptions not on Medical Knowledge. I would have The Medical council to Audit her practise and take this very seriously as she can be risking allot of patients that have medical conditions... Horrible Doctor

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2633947].votes_count ]]

Submitted Nov. 26, 2014

I think most people don't understand that wait times in doctors offices are very variable. Keep in mind that the 6 new mothers in front of you had a million questions for which time is not scheduled in the day. Ob/gyns sometimes see up to 40 patients a day. You would expect that as patient you would have the right to ask questions as you want to resulting in delay for the next patient. Complaints about wait times are not a valid criticism of a doctor's work. Dr. Bleszynki is very thorough, knowledgable, and professional. Her MOA is super nice and very friendly if you are friendly too.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2626475].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 20, 2014

What a disrespectful front desk receptionist. I couldn't believe the attitude! Ok I get it she probably deals with some cranky prego women. I was late for my appointment called before the weekend wrote my time down, and when it came to the day I couldn't find it. Tried calling all morning, answer machine says they are closed for lunch till 130 so makes sense my appointment is 130 not 1... well they girl at the front was so rude when I showed up. I will not go back there!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2607446].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 5, 2014

I was just barely 6 months in Canada from Thailand and experienced a ruptured ectopic pregnancy. Dr. Bleszynski saved my life and explained everything in detail for me. She spent time with me in my follow up appointments. She was my OB-GYN for the pregnancies of my two sons. 19 years later; I have two wonderful and successful sons. I can only highly recommend her.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2602347].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 1, 2014

Maria Bleszynski has ruined my life. In 2004 when my daughter was born I had a very awful experience with Dr.Bleszynski. Everytime I visited her she treated me as I was a stranger, shouted at me and forced me to get my tubes tied at the very last second during my c section. Since my c section I have never felt the same, I have had numerous infection's in the site where the c section was because of unsterilized tools which she used. My blood work has been changed after the c section and is showing that I more white blood cells than red blood cells this has been going on since 2004, I have yet to receive a normal blood test reading. My life has been ruined by her I wish no has the same experience and that she may stop practicing as a doctor. She has no right to practice as a doctor. This review is really important so please spread the word.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2596471].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 28, 2014

Dr. Bleszynski is very nice, I've been seeing her for couple years now but one thing I don't like about her is Pap-test! She don't use disposable instrument to preformed, she use metal instrument that have been resusing over and over. I don't feel safe/ don't want to risk my health to catch diseases from non-sterile instrument :-( I wish she would have disposable instrument. Anyone know any good women doctor around city of surrey that use disposable instrument ?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2579704].votes_count ]]