Rate Dr. Cynthia Pyper

Dr. Cynthia Pyper's Ratings

Have been with this DR. for over 20 years and has always nailed everything that has been wrong with me. Sometimes she is very blunt and other times shows compassion .I totally trust her with my health but find sometimes i get a short answer to a question but understand if it was more serious she would spend the time needed for me to understand my situation. Most of the time she is late but I understand some patients need more time like I have in a few cases. Have had 9 operations that were successful .If you need a hug or your hand held this wont happen but if your looking to stay healthy DR.Pyper is excellent in her field.Also Debra is amazing at her organization of follow ups,booking test at other locations.Have never had to call wondering if my tests were ok.An appointment to discuss was always made very close to the time the results were in. I understand everyone has a different opinion of what a DR. should be like. This is mine and at 58 im very healthy because I have a good DR. who has done her job very well . Very happy with the care I receive.

Submitted Aug. 6, 2014 | flag

After many visits with long wait times and not being able to ask more then 2 questions per visit came the final straw. I was left in the middle of a Pap test for her to take a personal call regarding real estate while my feet were in the stirrups and the exam room door not closed all the way. She may have knowledge in the medical field, but poor social skills and bedside manner.

Submitted Feb. 4, 2014 | flag

Dr. Pyper may have the requisite medical knowledge (I can't say firsthand since I only had very routine medical care with her in the years she was my doctor), but she lacks a basic ability to relate to people and has very poor bedside manner. She made several very strange, offensive remarks to me while I was in her care about "fatties" (referring to the fact that it was strange that I was having issues with my menstrual cycle because normally that happens to "the fatties"); also told me not to drink milk while I was pregnant because I would get too fat; and treated me like a teenager when discussing birth control. I don't know how anyone can feel comfortable in her care. She's one odd lady.

Submitted July 19, 2013 | flag

Dr. Pyper went exceedingly above and beyond for our family during the most difficult time in our lives. I cannot thank her enough for being so accessible and for all she did for our family. She has been and continues to be a wonderful professional in our corner.

Submitted June 3, 2013 | flag

Misdiagnosed shingles as a fever rash. Very rude, cold and uncaring. happiset time was when i left te office and found another Dr.

Submitted Jan. 27, 2011 | flag

The first—AND LAST—appointment I had with Pyper was in 1996. I still remember how cold, arrogant and uncaring she was…and from other comments I’ve read here it seems nothing has changed! We were expecting our second child and had just moved to the area and were looking for a new family doctor. After waiting an eternity to see her, understandably our daughter (who was 18 months at the time) was fidgety by the time Pyper saw us. Pyper looked at our daughter with absolute disgust for even daring to wiggle an inch so my husband became uncomfortable with Pyper's glares and left the office. Unfortunately, I did not have that luxury which was when the she tried to tell me that I didn’t know when it was that I got pregnant—a woman knows her body. She sent me for blood work and tests which I promptly had the lab forward to a different doctor I hadn’t even met yet, but I knew from that first and last visit that I wouldn’t be staying with Pyper. She scores a 5 for worst/rudest doctor ever!

Submitted Nov. 15, 2010 | flag

I was very happy when I started with this MD as compared to my previous MDs, at least she listened and wrote everything I told her on her sheets. But then I realized all that is in vain as she never remembers or even consults her notes when seeing u in future visits. Also, she has an issue with references. I have a medical issue and have been requesting to see a specialist as her treatment hasn't worked for the last year or so. She never refers, as if it's gonna cost her some fortune. And she just laughs at alternate medicine references. Also, for my last 5 annuals, no blood work ever taken, no urine test etc, and now she tells me she wants to see me every 2 years for my "annual", lol - figure that out ;~( I have seen her for over 5 years now, and am glad I found this site. I'll try to book elsewhere from now on.

Submitted Aug. 18, 2010 | flag

I would not recommend to anyone, especially parents who have kids.Always late, very difficult to keep the kids entertained for that time and Doctor would hardly spend any time with you. If you are late for appointment, she would sent you back home .In 5 years I was late twice for 20 mins. No excuse for getting late, but I can argue that I have a newborn child and a toddler and I had both there appointments on that day and was late for 20 mins. She sent me back home that day saying I am late even though my daughter was sick and baby had a wellness check. You can at-least deal with doctor, but can't with the staffs, they are so rude sometimes. When my daughter was down with fever, staff asked me to contain her in one seat so that she wont spread germs and she don't need to wipe wherever she touches. In our extremely busy and tensed life , we don't need our doctor's office to upset us.

Submitted June 25, 2010 | flag

Doctor dressed for Hallowe'en year round.All in a matter of 4 years - husband left - son injured with an acquired brain injury - myself a cardiac arrest and in a coma for 10 days - hospitalized for a total of 4 months resulting in open heart surgery.Was I depressed - of course. Pyper placed an A-1 form on me (stating that I was endangering myself and/or someone else). Police came and handcuffed me in front of my children (just had open heart surgery!!). Officers upset and teary eyed because they had to do their job and left their names for my kids to contact them.Taken for the night in a locked downcell. Released next morning by a competent doctor - apologizing for the horrible treatment - suggested I find a doctor with some empathy. Knew the doctor and just rolled his eyes.Watch out - she has the powers within her reach and will use it. Why would someone leave a practice in Oakville? Other doctors disgusted with her method of treatment. Wouldn't take my dog to see her.

Submitted Jan. 16, 2010 | flag

About the previous comments: I have no doubt they're all accurate reflections of personal experiences. I find Dr. Pyper a very strange person who says odd things at times, can be startlingly abrupt and not always as punctual as I would like. Here's my take though: she has respected my issues with a mood disorder (depression), prescribed good medication, helped me monitor side effects, and has recommended sensible forms of therapy. It seems to me that she puts a fair amount of effort into updating her knowledge and attending conferences. She always has something interesting and new to share about recent research. On a side note, I am always reading a book while waiting and she takes a moment to ask about it and even recommend others she thinks I would like. That may not be the job of a physician but it suggests some sensitivity to what is important to me. I am sorry others have had bad experiences and they should be taken seriously. Just speaking for myself.

Submitted Aug. 28, 2009 | flag